507 MCAT score with 3.75 GPA, TX, what should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluebonnet121

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Need advice, what should I do?
I am in UT 3rd yr with biology, got 507 score in Jan 2019 test.
cGPA - 3.75
sGPA - 3.7
I am scared if I don't get admission in any med school in TX in this cycle, I will have to go for gap year route.
I have a decent research experience and clinical experience of around 100 hrs.
score Bio-127/PS-126/SC-131/CA-123
Is the 123 score in critical analysis is BIG issue???

I am in TX, If I apply by Mid May ( which I am aiming) are there chances I get some med school?
And if I register and retake the MCAT in August, is it a red flag while applying for colleges? I believe admission committee will come to know about reatke and will they consider my application or not?
OR I apply and wait ...and if nothing happens retake the MCAT in January, I will have gap year then.
Any suggestions? Please comment I need your inputs badly.
Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,
cGPA - 3.75
sGPA - 3.7
I am scared if I don't get admission in any med school in TX in this cycle, I will have to go for gap year route.

I am in TX, If I apply by Mid May ( which I am aiming) are there chances I get some med school?
And if I register and retake the MCAT in August, is it a red flag while applying for colleges? I believe admission committee will come to know about reatke and will they consider my application or not?
OR I apply and wait ...and if nothing happens retake the MCAT in January, I will have gap year then.
Thanks,

Your question seems like it belongs more on the "WAMC" forum. This is for MCAT based questions. Your stats aren't bad, MCAT is on the weaker side (compared to national average) but I have no idea about specifics in TX. @Faha @Goro

Hi All,
cGPA - 3.75
sGPA - 3.7

Thanks,
Chances best in TX, and any DO. The 123 scores may or may not hurt; invest in mSAR to see where it stands compared to school's acceptees and matriculants. CARS does get cut the most slack

Members don't see this ad :)
clinical experience only at 100 hours???? May wanna increase that