500k/1.5M malpractice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

forchinet121

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
This is what PRMS wants to give me is this ok? I’m doing part time outpatient telepsych as a 1099

Members don't see this ad.

1/3 is the minimum I see for most temp work. I am surprised they sell 500/1.5

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This is what PRMS wants to give me is this ok? I’m doing part time outpatient telepsych as a 1099

It depends on the state. You may be in a state with a special fund all physicians have to pay into to get a minimum malpractice coverage (usually 500k/1.5mil). In that case, your personal malpractice insurance picks up the rest (so in this case you might have an aggregate coverage of 1mil/3mil with half covered by the state and half covered by PMRS). I suspect this is the case because 1/3 is pretty standard.

Reactions: 2 users
It depends on the state. You may be in a state with a special fund all physicians have to pay into to get a minimum malpractice coverage (usually 500k/1.5mil). In that case, your personal malpractice insurance picks up the rest (so in this case you might have an aggregate coverage of 1mil/3mil with half covered by the state and half covered by PMRS). I suspect this is the case because 1/3 is pretty standard.
It’s PA yeah I’m not sure I always read 1/3 was standard so was surprised they offered this