5 withdrawals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mhm1174

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a senior majoring in Biomedical Sciences with an Engineering minor. I was born in the Us but grew up overseas so english is not my first language. I have a CGpa of 3.8, SGpa of 3.87 and Mcat score 510. Diring my first semester I was advised to take a writing class which was not required to help improve my English and be able to get ready for WRT 150. Soon I realised that I was not even ready for the WRT 098 class and would barely get a C in the Class. So I dropped the class. During Sophomore year I dropped a gen ed class (intro to middle east), which later in the summer I took the class again and got an A-. During my Junior year I dropped an engineering class due to a very heavy semester and also getting engaged to my fiance. I got A’s in the other 4 classes that I had that semester. I took my mcat at the beginning of last september. On my first try I got a 507 so I wanted to retake the test ba January. Also my Fiance who overseas got covid and went to the hospital in december. Mentally it was avery difficult time for me. Trying to retake the mcat in 3 months, having heavy class load and also my fiancé’s situation was too much for me. So I dropped two classes in the fall. An Engineering class and an elective class. Considering my grades how bad do the withdrawals look and do I still have a chance to get accepted to medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

Impossible to determine chances without an MCAT score. Your current GPAs are are competitive.

The scattered Ws do look like you were trying to protect your GPA. But what's done is done.

Impossible to determine chances without an MCAT score. Your current GPAs are are competitive.

The scattered Ws do look like you were trying to protect your GPA. But what's done is done.
Mcat score is 510

Members don't see this ad :)
That's competitive.

Now, getting accepted is 100% on you. All we can do is advise on chances of getting IIs.
So you think the w’s wont stop me from gettin IIs?

Those withdrawals with a GPA ~3.8 is less of a concern than if your GPA was 3.99 or 4.0. With that GPA, you don't have to be worried about raising a red flag of perfectionism.

Reactions: 1 user
Those withdrawals with a GPA ~3.8 is less of a concern than if your GPA was 3.99 or 4.0. With that GPA, you don't have to be worried about raising a red flag of perfectionism.
Hopefully