MD 5 Waitlists What Are My Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darealog

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
21 y/o white male Texas resident in 4th and final year at the United States Military Academy in West Point, NY. MCAT 512 (Chem/Phys 127, Bio/Biochem 130, CARS 127, Psych/Soc 128), cGPA 3.72, sGPA 3.94, Life Sciences major, 1 joint publication in Military Medicine in Sep 2017, 100+ hours of physician shadowing, a variety of training + leadership + volunteer experiences, extracurriculars include radio/DJ-ing and ultimate frisbee. Will commission into the Army 27May17 as a 2nd Lieutenant, will take HPSP if I end up at one of the 4 civilian schools.

I've interviewed at:
-17Nov16 Uniformed Services University for the Health Sciences (USUHS)
-02Dec16 UT Houston (McGovern)
-07Jan17 UT Southwestern (UTSW)
-10Jan17 Dartmouth College (Geisel)
-13Jan17 Baylor College of Medicine (BCM)

Baylor is my #1 choice, but I'm essentially waitlisted at all 5 of these as of this post. I feel like all my interviews went ok, but nothing crazy. Im just getting anxious cuz basically all my friends have gotten into at least one schoool since last December and I'm over hear like "should be any day now...I think."

If anyone has any opinions/thoughts/expert advice on my chances of getting into any of these schools, I'd be happy to hear you out. Plan B is to become a medical service corps officer...but I'd much much rather train to be an Army Physician.

Members don't see this ad.

With 5 wait lists the odds are high you will receive one acceptance by July. Hard to give an exact percentage but probably greater than 80%.

This is impossible to answer. Did you apply to USUHS?

Yes, it was my first interview. My lab partner who interviewed a week before me was the last acceptance I know of. It seems everyone who's been offered a spot is holding on until other schools get back to them.