5 interviews in 7 days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ketafol

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think it is wise to schedule and attend 5 interviews in 7 days? I have looked at the transportation issue, and it is defintely possible to travel easily between the 5 with a car, but is it wise? Anybody do this and not get extremely burned out? This is really the only time that I could squeeze them in, and all are places that I was really considering matching at. Anyone care to chime in?

Members don't see this ad.

i say do it if its resaonably drivable. You will get in the groove and knock em out.

I tried this but it seemed like most days ended at 4 and "dinner with the residents" (which wasn't optional at all schools) started at 7... not enough time to drive, change, hotel, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I intend to do this for most of my preliminary interviews (Since they are all about 2-3 hrs driving from each other).

A couple of them, I will have to skip out on the dinner the night before, but I will be saving a lot of money.

Get them done. You'll be tired of asking the same questions over and over, but you'll have a bunch out of the way, and on top of that, you'll save a bunch of money.

...but hopefully you won't miss out on the pre-interview dinner. In my opinion this was the most insightful part of the interview, you can ask all the stuff you really want to know about the program.

I did it. The traveling can be tough, and it certainly is very tiring to have to get up at or before 6am to get to these stupid interview days by 6:30am or 7am (yes, I went to one interview day that started at 6:30, and we had to catch the shuttle from the hotel at 6am). But you can definitely do it.

The only two drawbacks were:
1) tired
2) didn't get to study for Step 2 like I had planned. You will get no studying done if you interview this way. :p

(yes, I went to one interview day that started at 6:30, and we had to catch the shuttle from the hotel at 6am).

UF? they started ridiculously early and were heavy on the "boring slide show in a dark room" for the first half of the day.

UF? they started ridiculously early and were heavy on the "boring slide show in a dark room" for the first half of the day.

hehe Yale. First thing in the morning, they had us line up to stand against a wall for a mug shot taken with a Polaroid.