4th year rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angie.ny

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 3rd year D.O. student who is interested PM&R. I am thinking of talking to some physicians who are practicing in the NY area. Do you know anyone who would welcome students and is willing to share their experiences? Which NY program would you recommend to do a rotation? I am always afraid if I choose program A to do a rotation, Program B will be less likely to take me when I apply for residency because I did not do a rotation at their program. But, i can only do one rotation in PM&R before I apply for residency. So, i am really not sure how to pick a program to do my rotation.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Angie,
I am a 4th year medical student from a M.D. program and I had the same questions. I did a rotation at the program that interested me the most. I still got interviews at the schools I did not rotate through and following the interview I also recieved thank letters and phone calls. So go where you think is best for you. I am by no means an expert, I am just sharing with you my experience. I hope this helps.