This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wouldn't worry about your undergrad GPA since both programs accepted you. If they were so concerned with the GPA they would have rejected you. I think I remember reading one of your posts and you mentioned you were a Virginia resident. If this is the case then I say go to EVMS and save yourself a lot of money. I think in your case since your gpa is rather low you will wind up going to med school at the place you do your post-bac. You might get lucky and end up getting accepted to other schools, but I think you know this will be a tough task even with your MCAT score. So you really have to decide if you rather go to Tulane or EVMS. Both programs have good entry rates to their own med school. Also, I have no clue what you can do with a master's in biomedical sciences so I wouldn't be too concerned about getting a master's.

Any opinions on Tulane vs. EVMS? I'm leaning towards Tulane right now, mainly because

1) they have higher med school accept rates

2) The courses you take are Anatomy and Histology, so I wouldn't be at as much of a disadvantage as a non-bio major.

That being said, I'm having a lot of anxiety about the decision. I have a 2.8, and I've heard EVMS places way less consideration on your UGrad GPA for graduates of their program that Tulane does for graduates of theirs. Also if they don't take you EVMS at least gives you something you can call a master's degree. Anyway, this give you some idea of the neurotic loop in my head right now. Any suggestions?
if they both give you a good shot, i would personally do the cheaper one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any opinions on Tulane vs. EVMS? I'm leaning towards Tulane right now, mainly because

1) they have higher med school accept rates

2) The courses you take are Anatomy and Histology, so I wouldn't be at as much of a disadvantage as a non-bio major.

That being said, I'm having a lot of anxiety about the decision. I have a 2.8, and I've heard EVMS places way less consideration on your UGrad GPA for graduates of their program that Tulane does for graduates of theirs. Also if they don't take you EVMS at least gives you something you can call a master's degree. Anyway, this give you some idea of the neurotic loop in my head right now. Any suggestions?

Doesn't Tulane have like an 90% acceptance rate and EVMS like 80% or something. Regardless, you have a good chance of getting in. Tulane seems like the easier program. Something to think about is that in both of these programs you will most likely end up accepted to that schools. So think carefully about where you want to spend the next five years.

So the 90% Tulane and 80% of EVMS; are they accepted into M.D. programs or D.O. as well. I am interested in both SMPs, but I want to go M.D. so I don't want to do this and end up only being accepted to D.O. and have to go Caribbean anyway, which is what I would do as opposed to an SMP. any opinions (non D.O. vs M.D. based please)?

Thanks