400k?!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whournameiz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Al of the job postings I've seen start 400 to 600k.. how hard are these guys working to make this much money?!! some listed 1 mill potential. I was under the impression majority of the week is spent doing office visits and not surgery. I will have my rotation soon so I guess I will find out more..

Members don't see this ad.

I figured I'd kick off the trite-ole 'money thread in the surgery forums' with a haiku:

These threads are useless,
You want some flames and hearsay?
Ask about money

Trolls really aren't trying any more...

Members don't see this ad :)
Al of the job postings I've seen start 400 to 600k.. how hard are these guys working to make this much money?!! some listed 1 mill potential. I was under the impression majority of the week is spent doing office visits and not surgery. I will have my rotation soon so I guess I will find out more..

Make sure you ask immediately upon arrival. Bluntness is appreciated in urology.

i think most of those salary advertisements are guaranteed 1ist year salary, after that its based on productivity. I think its mostly used a selling point. From what i hear, most average around 350-400k.

This is totally hearsay but my roommate in college told me that this urologist father made around 375k a year.

Isn't $350,000 the starting salary for a first year urology resident?