4 yr program for international dentists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,,,does anybody know,,that if a foriegn trained dentist does not want to enter for the international dentist program(IDP) or advanced standing program for foriegn trained dentist(which are for 2 -3 yrs),,and rather wants to go for the regular 4 yr program,,,which are the univ which offer that....

It would be really helpful if somebody would reply.....

thanx

Members don't see this ad.

u can go for university of florida which do not need DAT for FTD. but i think other schools need DAT to get into regular DDS/DMD.

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you

hey,
if u dont want to get into IDP, then u can apply to all schools that offer dentistry , but u need DAT. however, FTDs have a very good chace even with low DAT score , especially if u have taken part 2.getting admission into a 4 yr prog, of what i have heard, is very easy for an FTD.

I tried that path it is not easy! DAT has chemistry and math you have to study hard, and there is a section for shapes and silly stuff and ofcourse schools will ask you to take some classes for physics and english its not worth it. but I know how you feel I took DAT, 1 year of school but I couldn't get in to IUSD Indiana dental school. I did not want to move but after 2 years of wasting my time now I will go anywhere and I took part1 studying for part 2 and will apply for Advance Standing Programs in what ever school I can.

Hey guys,,,does anybody know,,that if a foriegn trained dentist does not want to enter for the international dentist program(IDP) or advanced standing program for foriegn trained dentist(which are for 2 -3 yrs),,and rather wants to go for the regular 4 yr program,,,which are the univ which offer that....

It would be really helpful if somebody would reply.....

thanx

Most schools would consider you high on their list. Often a 4 year program that you get into is better than a 2 or 3 year program that takes 1-2 years to get into.

Some schools require that students must complete courses like chemistry, physics, etc, at an American or Canadian university. But since we already have our degree from another country, and some people even have some US degrees, like a masters or a certificate, are we exempt from those undergrad course requirements?

Some schools require that students must complete courses like chemistry, physics, etc, at an American or Canadian university. But since we already have our degree from another country, and some people even have some US degrees, like a masters or a certificate, are we exempt from those undergrad course requirements?
I don't believe you need to satisy any Physics or Chemistry requirements if you are a FTD and willing to pursue a 4 yr DMD/DDS. As long as you can get a good score in DAT, you should be all set with your High school diploma and BDS Degree Certificate/Internship certificate.

Has anyone else applied to the regular 4-year dental school program?Any bad experiences?