4 year to community college to 4 year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premedballerina

Reaction score
hey so I’m at a four year school right now on a dance and academic scholarship, but I want to be a pre med and I can’t really do that at this school and keep my scholarship for dance. I was going to go back to a cc and take classes to transfer to a four year because it would be cheaper. Will Med schools look poorly on me for this? I got straight As this semester, but I’m just unhappy with dance. (Grammar sucks in this I know it’s late and I’m typing fast)

Members don't see this ad.

I think the only drawback would be that it may appear as if you went to the CC for these classes because you think they're easier there. I don't know how true that is, but I think if you can explain why you went to the CC it should be fine at most schools.
Why not graduate and then do a DIY post-bacc at the CC? How far along are you? Seems like if you take time off to go to CC and then back to the dance-scholarship school you'll still lose your scholarship.

Does your college not offer basic science classes? At most colleges, you could satisfy pre-med requirements while majoring in virtually anything else, so are you certain that's not a possibility where you are? (If so, it may help to explain why)

Taking all your science at a CC would ordinarily not look good, but depending on the circumstances...

Members don't see this ad :)
It would not look good as these classes are places and held towards “university” standards as a filtering process. You can negate this by dominating the MCAT though but compared to the kid who dominated the MCAT and took university courses it may be a bit lacking. Best of luck

A friend did 2 years at cc then 2 at a university and got in. Prob High mcat though (>515)