4 days til step 2ck..how to raise score by 10 pts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alisepeep

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i have 4 days til the big day, just took UWSA and got 230..i really want at least 240, what can i do to improve my score by 10 pts in 4 days?

Also is 230 a decent score or is it pretty low?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Realistically, nothing can be done in 4 days that would raise your score by 4 points. You are going to be better of not burning yourself out, and making sure you are well rested for the exam.

UWSA or any other sort of predictor is not perfect, and 240 is likely within the ballpark of your capabilities.

For reference on some NBME for step 1, cant remember which, I got 235 2 days out, and real thing was 250

As far as 230 being a decent score, it depends on what you are trying to get into. By way of comparison I am hearing the average coming out this yr is in the ballpark of 238

Hi guys i have 4 days til the big day, just took UWSA and got 230..i really want at least 240, what can i do to improve my score by 10 pts in 4 days?

Also is 230 a decent score or is it pretty low?

practice right nostril breathing

Reactions: 1 user
You just did UWSA so take a look at the feedback sheet and find out which areas you are weak on. Then take a look at the total question number for each subject in uworld to determine where your biggest gains can be made (ie. Even if derm was your weakest section, it probably wouldn't be prudent to spend an entire day reviewing that subject). This is assuming that the uworld distribution is similar to that of step 2. ymmv.

Anyways, 4 days isn't a lot of time, but I think with a score of 230 (which is just slightly below avg) you're probably missing enough in one or two of your weaker sections that if you focus on can make up those 10 points your looking for.

And then like res1cue said, being well rested is definitely important. You know your body best, so take the last day off if you think it will help you be more focused on test day (or at most maybe only study for 1/2 to 2/3 of the day before, if not studying would just make you more nervous/stressed). If step 1 worked out for you, I'd probably just do whatever you did then.