3rd year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

some1@havantcol

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello need some help,

i want to do medicine but im doing a 3rd year in college, i am not redoing any of the exams i done in the first or the second year. do i need to write in my personal statement that im doing a 3rd year. i did not apply to medicine/ucas in the second year.

im want to do a 3rd year because i done crap in maths A2, and i dont think ill get an A or even a B. so my plans are too decline the maths and pick up another a level.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to move this to the Europe forum where you can probably get some better answers. (in the US--which most of the posters in the re-applicant forum are from--we do 4 years of college and don't have A levels, so we don't have the background to help much).

Members don't see this ad :)
some1@havantcol said:
hello need some help,

i want to do medicine but im doing a 3rd year in college, i am not redoing any of the exams i done in the first or the second year. do i need to write in my personal statement that im doing a 3rd year. i did not apply to medicine/ucas in the second year.

im want to do a 3rd year because i done crap in maths A2, and i dont think ill get an A or even a B. so my plans are too decline the maths and pick up another a level.

You need to make some sense first, and then you need a better command of the english language. Before we can help you, you need to tell us where you're from (country where you're going to school, I assume the UK), and what kind of program you are currently in.

Have you tried posting your query on http://www.admissionsforum.co.uk/
It's specifically for prospective UK med students. They'd be able to better answer your queries about UCAS personal statements and your specific situation regarding your A levels.

Good luck :)

Just to echo what Trinners says, the site he metions is more suited to your enquiry. It will be fairly obvious on your UCAS form from the exam dates that you are doing a third year at college. It would be wise to explain why you have done so on your personal statement and perhaps state why you are now applying to medicine.

Good luck.