3rd Year Rotation Locations

MrsDrP

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My husband is in the process of applying to med schools - both DO and MD. He just told me that during the third year clinical rotations you can be moved from hospital to hospital depending on which rotation it is and the hospitals might not be anywhere near each other. I wasn't surprised about the fact that he'll be going to different hospitals - but I'm curious about what people do if they are in one hospital in X location, then moved to Y location that might be 3 hours away. Where do they live during that time? Or are the hospitals that you could be moved to closer together than that? Or maybe it just depends on the school and their policies?

Members don't see this ad.

My husband is in the process of applying to med schools - both DO and MD. He just told me that during the third year clinical rotations you can be moved from hospital to hospital depending on which rotation it is and the hospitals might not be anywhere near each other. I wasn't surprised about the fact that he'll be going to different hospitals - but I'm curious about what people do if they are in one hospital in X location, then moved to Y location that might be 3 hours away. Where do they live during that time? Or are the hospitals that you could be moved to closer together than that? Or maybe it just depends on the school and their policies?
depends on the schools. Each has their own list of affiliated hospitals, and sometime they have dorm -type of place for students. Not always the case.
People move closer to their workplace all the time. You shouldn't expect any different.