3rd Party Materials during last 4 weeks of studying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AB92

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be completing a review course 1 month before my actual test date. I have saved all the AAMC materials to do for these last 4 weeks. I plan to do all the section banks and q-packs during the week, and then 1 full length each Saturday (then review on Sunday).

My question though- should I supplement this with additional 3rd party materials? Since I've taken a review course, I have a lot of additional passages leftover from their materials that I could practice with. Is it worth throwing these in as well to have even more practice?

I wasn't sure if I should eliminate the 3rd party materials in this last month, in case there was conflicting logic. What did y'all all do the month before your test dates?

Thank you in advance for any advice!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It's all about practice. The only way to get ready for a test that involves passages and questions is to practice with passages and questions. Challenge yourself! Do ones that push your reasoning ability and throughly review the answers.

You also need to find large blocks of questions on the exact subjects where you need work. Doing 400 random general chemistry questions is not what you need at this critical moment. You'll be wasting time going through questions you are already good at. Time is precious, so spend it where you need it most. You need to use materials with 60 titration questions or 74 electrochemistry questions grouped together, in case you need work on one of those subjects. If you need more help on circuits, there are 50 questions awaiting you. If you need more work on pathways like glycolysis, there are 105 questions. You need to zero in on your areas of need. It is important to get access to thousands of questions organized into subjects, so you can pick what you need. The bottom line is that you can get over 6600 questions spread across all disciplines, which is a resource with literally 50 to 100+ questions in nearly 100 different areas.

Use AAMC for learning the nuances of the exam and getting used to random questions. Get books with passages and questions organized by subject, so that you can attack the twenty or thirty areas you are currently weak in.

Reactions: 1 user