34O MCAT, 3.95 GPA, Alabama Resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davis8018

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
34O MCAT (10 PS, 13 VR, 11 BS)
3.95 GPA
One summer of biology research.
SGA Senator
Sorority (officer every year)
100+ hours of shadowing (primary care and various specialties)
Volunteering (medical and non-medical consistently for the last four years)
Strong Letters of Rec.

Applying to UAB, South Alabama, Emory, Vanderbilt, Duke, and University of Virginia. I know several on the list are reaches.Opinions on my chances/ whether I should add more schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Average applicant applies to nearly 15 schools, you have 6, most of which are reach schools.

Yes, you need to apply to additional schools. You have a well-rounded application, but make sure you apply to several more low and middle tier schools (schools well below and slightly below your stats). Make sure these schools accept OOS (out of state) applicants, I'd suggest >50% if possible.

34O MCAT (10 PS, 13 VR, 11 BS)
3.95 GPA
One summer of biology research.
SGA Senator
Sorority (officer every year)
100+ hours of shadowing (primary care and various specialties)
Volunteering (medical and non-medical consistently for the last four years)
Strong Letters of Rec.

Applying to UAB, South Alabama, Emory, Vanderbilt, Duke, and University of Virginia. I know several on the list are reaches.Opinions on my chances/ whether I should add more schools?

App looks great! Good luck. Get all AL schools and some back-ups - maybe 10 to 12 schools total. I know it's expensive but do it once and do it right.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wake and Saint Louis would be good additions

Great advice! I'll look into both. Thanks so much!

Maybe Ohio State, Cincinnati, Michigan. They take decent amounts of OOS students.

UVM, FAU, FIU, and few others.