32R 3.7 sGPA 3.7 cGPA - colorado resident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaxAir

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Colorado resident
32R
3.7 sGPA
3.7 cGPA

Please suggest some schools!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
everything looks good. I'm sure you will get into one of those. You have a pretty good shot at CU especially if you are URM. If not, then your chances are still pretty good.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish i was urm lol. thank you for your input! are there any other schools that you guys think i should add?

I wish i was urm lol. thank you for your input! are there any other schools that you guys think i should add?

I would consider KU or UMKC...possibly, but research their oos numbers of applicants. i think your best bet right now is on CU. i would apply as soon as possible. Are you at all interested in primary care? even if you are open to it, i would recomment including something about being interested in primary care on you secondary for CU (i think its about hardships or something like that, but perhaps you could slip this primary care stuff in there somehow). From what i've heard, it seems like CU admission loves to hear the whole "im interested in primary care and working in underserved areas" :rolleyes:

i just checked out umkcs and it says students must apply by august 1. does that mean that if my amcas is not verified by august 1 i cant apply?

i just checked out umkcs and it says students must apply by august 1. does that mean that if my amcas is not verified by august 1 i cant apply?
Their admission requirements confused the hell out of me. that is very weird that they want you to apply before August 1. I would call them and ask about it and also about the percentage of out of state applicants that they usually take. Another weird thing that I read on there was

School of Medicine Admissions Facts: M.D. Program

• The new class for the M.D.-Only Program will include 5 to 10 new students.
  • The Council on Selection will receive approximately 100 applications, narrowing this pool to approximately 40 to 50 to be selected for an interview.

....I have no clue what to make of this..additional 5-10 students...wtf??

anyway, i would call them and ask, but if not then just leave UMKC out.

I think your stats are also competitive for Uniformed Services and Wake forest. I think USHSC avg is like 3.5 and 30 mcat, so you should be good there too. I am not familiar with other schools though.

I would consider KU or UMKC...possibly, but research their oos numbers of applicants. i think your best bet right now is on CU. i would apply as soon as possible. Are you at all interested in primary care? even if you are open to it, i would recomment including something about being interested in primary care on you secondary for CU (i think its about hardships or something like that, but perhaps you could slip this primary care stuff in there somehow). From what i've heard, it seems like CU admission loves to hear the whole "im interested in primary care and working in underserved areas" :rolleyes:

KU has a huge in-state bias ... your stats are good (but not great) so I wouldn't apply there.

But good luck elsewhere! Your app looks good!

Your app looks great. A few suggestions:

1. Don't apply to KU (huge IS bias) or UMKC (mostly BS/MD + IS bias)
2. Brown is also mostly BS/MD w/ the remaining spots being very competitive; apply only if you really like their program
3. Make sure you are comfortable w/ the 7yr commitment for USUHS and the lifestyle restrictions at Loma Linda
4. Oakland and Wright state both have lower MCAT/GPA averages, however it is somewhat misleading b/c the schools strive to train rural/primary care docs for their states. If you are OOS, they are looking for apps with a strong primary care focus (i.e. your PS and ECs show that you want to be a PCP and stay in MI/OH to practice) I wouldn't apply unless you are truly focused on primary care and can demonstrate it in your PS/ECs.
5. Some other schools you may want to consider: UCF, Rush, Wisconsin, and Case Western. (find schools whose curriculum and location fit w/ your interests)
6. Don't be afraid to shoot for the stars. Add a few reaches. With your research and clinical/volunteer ECs you might have a shot at places like: Duke, Northwestern, Emory, and Baylor. All have an average MCAT under 35 and are great programs w/ tons of research opportunities.

Good Luck!

Your app looks great. A few suggestions:

1. Don't apply to KU (huge IS bias) or UMKC (mostly BS/MD + IS bias)
2. Brown is also mostly BS/MD w/ the remaining spots being very competitive; apply only if you really like their program
3. Make sure you are comfortable w/ the 7yr commitment for USUHS and the lifestyle restrictions at Loma Linda
4. Oakland and Wright state both have lower MCAT/GPA averages, however it is somewhat misleading b/c the schools strive to train rural/primary care docs for their states. If you are OOS, they are looking for apps with a strong primary care focus (i.e. your PS and ECs show that you want to be a PCP and stay in MI/OH to practice) I wouldn’t apply unless you are truly focused on primary care and can demonstrate it in your PS/ECs.
5. Some other schools you may want to consider: UCF, Rush, Wisconsin, and Case Western. (find schools whose curriculum and location fit w/ your interests)
6. Don’t be afraid to shoot for the stars. Add a few reaches. With your research and clinical/volunteer ECs you might have a shot at places like: Duke, Northwestern, Emory, and Baylor. All have an average MCAT under 35 and are great programs w/ tons of research opportunities.

Good Luck!
thanks so much for the input!! :D

Bump. I am submitting very soon. Any other suggestions?

Last edited: