32P 3.5 GPA 3C's 1W 2P's.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

younme012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. So I just got my MCAT scores back and am not sure if my MCAT will do due to my bad grades. Are there any School Lists that you would recommend for these stats?

MCAT breakdown: 32P VR/PS/BS 9/12/11
Freshmen GPA: 35 units. 3.631
Sophomore GPA: 26 units 3.296, had 1 W that summer. 1 C+ in 2 unit a pre req bio lab class
Junior GPA: 24 units 3.658
Senior GPA: 44 units 3.431, took a 1 or 2 unit bio lab class for P, C+ in vertebrate evolution class 3 unit and C+ vertebrate evolution lab class 1 unit (I wish evolution wasn't part of BCPM)

Post graduation: 3 unit micro bio class B+, 2 unit immuno class P (taking P/NP at a post bac would look bad won't it?), 6 unit health care interpreting class A. Totals out to about 3.7 ish? But I know this won't be looked as significant enough because I only took 11 units worth of class total for the entire year and 2 units of that I took it P/NP.

Final cGPA: 3.5
sGPA: 3.3

Because of my bad grades centered ALL on my biology classes and subsequent low sGPA, I've been seriously thinking of switching out to dental school. Not that they'd be any easier to be accepted, but I've seen similar statistics as mine being accepted.

My EC's are:
2.5 years of Resident Assistant (LOR. Resident Director)
2 years of Research Lab (no pub) (LOR. P.I. )
2 years of surgery internship (LOR. head of department of UCD surgery center)
3.5 years of journal club involvement, EiC
4 years of tutoring (LOR.)
5 months of working at medical office (1000+ hours) (LOR. Physician)

My core LOR's are from:
microbio professor LOR (from post bac. not sure. didn't have too much relationship going on with her but she promised a good letter),
chemistry professor LOR( dean of chemistry department. strong),
english professor LOR (associate dean of L&S undergraduate advising. strong)

Also one more thing.. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be sending about 6 LOR's total because 8 would be way too many. All of these letters will be pretty strong though. If there were any preferences which LOR source would you send over another?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
if anyone could give me some advice i'd really appreciate it. i was told by a friend of mine that i should probably wait out another year and take some classes to raise that gpa and show that i am actually capable of handling medical course work.
thing is, as much as i would like to do that, i am turning into a non-trad and i really want to apply this year. i want to go to medical school and be over with this waiting misery.

Last edited: