31R, 3.91cGPA, 3.84BCPM MD chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njones9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my stats are in the title. I have almost two years of non-stop research, with one presentation at a conference, but no pubs. About 100 shadowing hours, and a lot of volunteer work at a nursing home. I have spent two years on a mission for my church in Brazil, so I am fluent in Portuguese. I am a member of my school's marching band, and am a NY resident. Thanks everyone!! :):)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you want good feedback I'd suggest making a list of schools. Otherwise, there's not really any way of looking at your chances.

If you want good feedback I'd suggest making a list of schools. Otherwise, there's not really any way of looking at your chances.
yeah that makes sense... :)

NYMC
NYU
SUNY Downstate
SUNY Upstate
Stony Brook
Hofstra
Albany
Buffalo
Rochester
George Washington
Uniformed Services University
Morehouse
Rosalind Franklin
Wayne State
Wright State
Loma Linda
Creighton
MCW

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you need some kind of connection with the military or at least have some kind of experience with it to apply to the uniformed services school?

Do you need some kind of connection with the military or at least have some kind of experience with it to apply to the uniformed services school?
not really. they do have an essay on the secondary asking about your specific interest, etc. But there's no fee for the sec, so thats nice. It is a 7 year commitment after residency, but I was looking into the HPSP anyway.