All Branch Topic (ABT) 3 Year Navy/Air Force HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SunSeeker

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, all.

I have a few questions regarding the HPSP scholarship. Please feel free to answer some of the questions or direct me to where it has been discussed previously (though I haven't found any of the answers I'm looking for browsing through old threads).

1. I'm wanting to apply for the 3-year HPSP scholarship. Is this something I am expected to do before entering dental school (i.e. it cover my first three years), or do I apply sometime during my first year so that it covers my last three years? OR, am I given the choice? I've heard/been told all of the above.

2. Is the 3-year scholarship currently as competitive as the 4-year?

3. I'd like to go Navy or Air Force (although I've heard the Air Force is outrageously competitive). Upon graduation, if I preferred to go overseas, would I have a greater chance of getting my preference? I know a lot of people have specific places they'd like to be stationed within the US and are told the likelihood of getting their preference is slim. Does the same go for people denoting overseas locations as their preference?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.