3 year dental school pathway + Chance me please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentalGuy123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has any experience in a 3 year accelerated pathway to dental school. I have applied to MUSC and received my interview invitation a few weeks ago. I am scheduled for January. I have done well in undergrad up to this point but have heard that some kids struggle due to not having as much science background as the 4-year undergrads. What are your thoughts on the 3-year pathway? Also if you all could chance me that would be great!

GPA/sGPA: 4.0/4.0
DAT (AA/TS/Bio/GC/OC/PA/RC/QR): 22/21/20/24/21/22/23/22
Shadowing hours: approximately 180
A good amount of extracurriculars and student involvement on campus but not a ton of specifically volunteering hours (currently working to get that up). Currently involved in a cultural psychology research study.

Another question, is it discouraging to receive an interview scheduled for that late? I don't find it particularly out of the ordinary because I am a more non-traditional student given my situation. But it does reinforce the idea that the other 3-year applicants and I are fighting over pretty limited spots, assuming they have already accepted some applicants by mid-January. How do you all feel about that? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You already posted about this. Shouldn’t be remaking the thread..
??? This is OP's first thread/post.

OP, I know people who have only had three years of undergrad and they're doing well in dental school (I myself was going to do that, but I didn't take my DAT in time to apply after sophomore year, so kudos to you!). But, did you only apply to one school? If so, that's risky and yes acceptances will have already gone out in December, so you'd be fighting against many other applicants for a very limited number of spots. If you applied to more schools, which? Knowing them would help us better "chance" you. And if you haven't applied to more schools, I would apply asap so that you might get more interviews and increase your chances of getting in somewhere, rather than have to reapply again next year (and probably waste a year/take a gap year if you're graduating this spring). Good luck!