3-year Albany-Portland, OR house swap offer!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wheelboy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a Portland, OR OHSU MS4 who just matched in Emergency at Albany Medical Center. My wife and I own a very cute, very cozy 2 BR 1 bath bungalow in Portland and are looking to swap with an MS4 from Albany who'll be moving to Portland this summer, or perhaps a residency graduate who's moving out to Portland for a job (either way, congratulations). Our house is at SE 43rd Ave., 1 block south of SE Division St, close to the trendy Hawthorne district, bakeries, restaurants, and cafes, bars, 1 mile from the best grocery store in Portland (and 1/2 mile from Safeway), in a quiet neighborhood (T intersections in both directions). The basement is 1/2 finished, and there is a bonus bedroom in the finished attic, perfect for office or home theater space. Gas heat, washer/dryer, dishwasher, fir floors in the living/dining room, hallway, and master bedroom, brazilian cherry floor in kitchen, custom slate tile in the bathroom. Working fireplace. Raised beds in the back yard, burgeoning fig tree in the front yard. 15 min. from OHSU, Legacy Emanuel, and Good Samaritan. 10 min to Providence Portland, 20 min to St. Vincent.

Our offer:
We want to swap houses with a homeowner in Albany for the duration of my three year residency. We would consider a 1-year probationary period, after which the option to continue the arrangement would be possible. Each party would continue to pay their own mortgage, insurance, etc.; each homeowner would take over utilities/phone/internet from the original homeowner.

If this piques your interest, contact me at wheelboy at g mail do t co m (sorry; i hate spam). Thanks for being in touch!

Members don't see this ad.