3.97/518 MCAT, 124 CARS. Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhaCha

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got my MCAT score back and got a 518 (131/124/131/132). I am really sad about the CARS score and just choked on this section on the day. For reference, I have a 3.97 cGPA. I initially had many top 10 schools on my school list (Yale, Penn, Hopkins, WashU, etc...) and was wondering if my bad CARS score would ruin my chances at these types of schools. I am even considering retaking the MCAT but hope I don't have to. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Absolutely do not retake. Say you got +2 on CARS and got a 520, your chances at T10s still wouldn't be guaranteed. Your priorities should be getting into a medical school which you can definitely do with that score

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my MCAT score back and got a 518 (131/124/131/132). I am really sad about the CARS score and just choked on this section on the day. For reference, I have a 3.97 cGPA. I initially had many top 10 schools on my school list (Yale, Penn, Hopkins, WashU, etc...) and was wondering if my bad CARS score would ruin my chances at these types of schools. I am even considering retaking the MCAT but hope I don't have to. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!
Do not worry about the CARS score. Do NOT retake the MCAT as your judgement may be called into question.

I suggest:
NYU
Columbia
JHU
U Penn
WashU
Northwestern
Vanderbilt
Harvard
Yale
Cornell
U Chicago