3.91cGPA/3.90sGPA, 31T mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcatsoon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are my chances at top tiers with these numbers coming from an Ivy League University with a strong research background and multiple conference presentations. I know the Mcat is on the lower side but with very strong research and good ecs where do I stand?

Members don't see this ad.

also wanted to add--I am an Asian male from the state of Pennsylvania. I have 200 hours of clinical volunteering, a double major in biology and political science, and minor in economics, and a potential science publication as a first author

I think you have a good chance at most of the schools in PA, except for Perelman, which is tough for anyone. I would definitely apply to Penn State as a safety, I would be shocked if you didn't get an interview there.

With that said, your MCAT is at or below the 10th percentile mark for the top schools, which will make it more difficult for you. You're not strictly out of the running though. You have a great GPA and strong ECs, so apply broadly and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Members don't see this ad :)
Care to break down the score, since I believe that could affect you negatively if you have an 8 or lower in a section.