~3.90 cGPA/sGPA high-30's MCAT, weak ECs, no clinical

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boaz

shanah alef
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm posting this for a friend who wishes to remain anonymous.

I have a very high GPA and MCAT score, have extensive lab research experience (1 pub 1st author in major journal), but am weak on volunteering and have virtually no clinical experience. I can start doing some clinical work now but I only have a few hours a week over the summer. Also, if I apply this cycle it won't be until mid-August that I submit the primary. Do I have good chances of getting in?

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Without clinical experience, how is your friend going to convince the adcoms that he really wants to go into medicine? Since your friend has extensive lab experience, the adcoms would wonder why would this applicant apply for MD and not Ph.D?

This is too vague to make any reasonable predictions for.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am assuming that your friend also goes to BC. As a BC graduate and new MD school admit this year, I can tell you that the best person to answer the question you posted here is in Academic Advisement and his last name starts with an S and ends with a G :) That man is a god.

I am assuming that your friend also goes to BC. As a BC graduate and new MD school admit this year, I can tell you that the best person to answer the question you posted here is in Academic Advisement and his last name starts with an S and ends with a G :) That man is a god.

:laugh:, yes, my friend is also a BC grad. The adviser's advice on this situation is helpful but it might not be enough to convince...