3.89cpga/4.0sgpa-27(7/10/10)MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GemelloMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a non-trad who didn't quite get the MCAT he hoped for. I have a solid gpa but my physics section just isn't up to par. I've been working in a hospital for 3 years, and am currently a CNA. I have lots of overseas medical experience, doctors shadowing, and volunteerism. I am also finishing up a non-medical Masters Degree, I was Pre-Med in Undergrad.

I think the hook of my application is that in the middle of my applications two years ago I was diagnosed with Cancer. I had to pull my apps and undergo treatment as well as postpone my graduate degree. I am now on the other side, healthy, and wanting to try again.

I'm planning on retaking my MCAT just in case i need to go another round, but I think it would be silly to try and force one by the beginning of September, not to mention it would be a late app by then.

So, should I try? Where? I'm from Florida and my wife is from Kansas. I live in Boston.

Members don't see this ad.

not sure why this is DO, it should be MD.

Definitely try. I think the MCAT might hurt, but your GPA and everything else you have going on will work in your favor immensely.

Helluva story and excellent GPA... the MCAT isn't so dismal (for MD) that those other two items couldn't make up for it. Are you a Massachusetts resident or a Florida resident? Definitely apply to use those regional/IS biases.