3.8 uGPA; 3.72 BCPM GPA; 27O MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

breandnew0018

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i am a florida resident who just graduated from Florida State University.

3.8 uGPA and 3.72 BCPM GPA.

i have taken 3 MCATs with the following scores:

08VR 11PS 07BS = 26
06VR 09PS 11BS = 26
06VR 10PS 11BS =27 (most recent)

i have good extracurriculars (2 years of biomedical research, president of my fraternity, 200+ clinical hours, club ice hockey team, plenty of volunteering, etc.), and i have gathered 9 strong LORs (2 of which come from professors who teach at Florida State University's College of Medicine).

i submitted my AMCAS application literally the second it opened up on June 5th. I am a re-applicant. here is a list of schools I applied. one * indicates i received a secondary. two ** indicates i already submitted their secondary:

Boston University**

University of Central Michigan

FIU College of Medicine**

FSU College of Medicine**

Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University**

Loyola University Chicago*

LSU School of Medicine in New Orleans**

Michigan State University**

Northeastern Ohio

The Commonwealth Medical College**

Ohio State**

Tulane**

University of Arkansas*

UCF COM**

UF*

University of Wisconsin**

University of South Florida

West Virginia University

Wright State University**

Nova Southeastern (D.O.)**

CCOM (D.O.)**

i just received my 27 MCAT score today, and i am really feeling down about it considering all the time i put into preparing for it. for the sake of my sanity, i do not think i am capable of putting in the time to study for the MCAT again this year.

i am just trying to figure out what i should do with my remaining secondary applications. one part of me wants to apply to every medical school i get a secondary from just so i can know i did everything i could to get into medical school this year. the other part of me is telling me to just take a break, save the money, and start preparing for next year's MCAT and application cycle.

what do you guys think? do i have a chance?

any advice would be appreciated.
Long shot at MD...Great shot at DO. I think you should apply to mostly DO. That 6 in VR is almost a 'death sentence' for MD.