3.65 GPA, ~32 MCAT, High EC and LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lameloginname

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the MCAT this Saturday, but I'm predicting around 32 based upon practice tests. My GPA is a 3.65, brought down by one low Chemistry class grade. I have two extremely strong leadership positions (continued over the past 3 years of undergrad), two three-year volunteer positions, shadowing with one physician (~30 hours) and volunteering at a local hospital this summer (~90hours), along with a literature essay publication in a textbook.

I started college early through a dual-enrollment program, living on campus starting at 15. After completing the program (2 years) I took a job as an RA in the dual-enrollment's residence hall.

I'm getting a LOR from my volunteer coordinator at the hospital, my research professor (2 different projects, one presented at NCUR in 2011), and a chemistry professor. As I've only has my pre-med advisor for 1 year (dual enrollment program had it's own advisor) I am hesitant about asking for a LOR, but she does know my situation and academic/ec records.

I plan on applying to MCG, Emory, Mercer, Michigan UofMed, Albert Einstein (1st choice), Buffalo State UofMed, University of Washington, and Medical College of Wisconsin. The bolded ones are for-sure going to apply, the others may change. I'm applying to more than one the list (no concrete list yet, waiting on MCAT) but the average accepted MCAT hovers around 31-32.

Members don't see this ad.