3.6 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 31Q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phillies1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was hoping to get some feedback on where I should be applying. I'd really appreciate any advice (and criticism) about my application, and I really appreciate your help!

My cGPA is 3.6 and my sGPA is about 3.5. I have a strong upward trend with all A's in my last 2 semesters. I scored a 31Q on my MCAT (9 PS, 11 V, 11 BS). I am a Delaware resident.

Research: Perhaps the strongest part of my activities/ECs. I've worked in 2 research labs on 3 different projects and have 3 posters presented. I am also working on 2 manuscripts, one of which I hope to have submitted in the next few months. I am currently working full-time as a research assistant at a children's hospital.

Volunteering: Since March, I volunteer about 2-3 hours per week at hospital in the child life program. I also volunteered about 30 hours in emergency department.

Other clinical: 5-week summer internship for credit at a psychiatric hospital.

Community Service: Volunteer at the humane association at both the animal shelter and off-site adoption centers.

Shadowing: Not too much yet, although I have had the opportunity to shadow an orthopedic surgeon our lab collaborates with for a few hours. I am planning to shadow the orthopedic surgeon a few more times, and I am scheduled to start shadowing in geriatric medicine (and possibly a couple other specialities) in a couple weeks. I really enjoy shadowing and even if it won't help me much on my primary/secondaries, I still think it is a really valuable experience.

Additionally, I have also TA-ed for a physiology lab and consider myself to have above-average LORs. For what it's worth, I think I have a strong personal statement that really conveys why I have chosen a career as a physician.

The schools I am thinking of applying to are:

Jefferson
Drexel
UConn
GWU
Georgetown
Emory
Penn State
Brown
Tufts
NYU
Tulane
University of Cincinnati
University of Maryland
University of Rochester
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest

Obviously, some of these are reach schools. If anyone has any other schools they would recommend I apply to, or perhaps any of the schools above I should not even bother applying to, please let me know.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied with similar stats. You can check out my mdapps for the schools I chose.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied with similar stats. You can check out my mdapps for the schools I chose.

I search and could not find your list... pls advise where is it.. thanks,

I search and could not find your list... pls advise where is it.. thanks,

you would click on where it says next to "md apps: profile". The problem is you might be having trouble because MD apps appears to have been down for the last few days.