26-year-old surgery fellow killed in tragic accident

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2021Doctor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apr. 7—A former WVU Medicine surgery resident who was reported missing last week after going hiking along the Potato River in Gurney, Wis., was found dead over the weekend.
Kelsey A. Musgrove, M.D., 26, graduated from the General Surgery Residency program at WVU just last summer and was serving as a cardiothoracic surgery fellow at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.

The 26-year-old Wisconsin doctor found dead on a hiking trail over the weekend tragically fell to her death when the ground beneath her collapsed, authorities have revealed. Kelsey Musgrove’s body was found partially buried in a steep clay bank at Potato River Falls in Gurney on Sunday — a week after she set off on a solo hike, Iron County Sheriff Paul Samardich said late Wednesday.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
How was a 26 yo a Cardiothoracic "fellow" (a post graduate position)? Maybe they meant she was an integrated resident
She was a first year traditional fellow, I met her during my interview there shortly before she passed. I think the source is incorrect, other articles state she was 30.