22 years or so until Marxism takes over. Viva La Revolución!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In 2029, machines will be able to mimick humanity. In intelligence AND in emotional response.

So because they require no wages, machines will replace humans in "thinking" roles leaving only laborists. As robotics continues to develop, it will replace all laborists. When they combine, what of humanity? There will be no work......only those with an elite level of control over resources will have any economic power. This, of course, would not sustain itself. Out of necessity, Karl Marx's prediction on the fate of human society will come to fruition. There will be no other choice than communism.

I, for one, welcome our new communist machine overlords, comrade!

Members don't see this ad.

No wonder the rest of the world thinks the Americans are crazy.

You know what I thought when I was a kid back in 1991? I thought that by the time it was year 2000, people would be flying around in little cars like on the Jetsons.
Unfortunately, this hasn't happened yet :(. Although, I'm still driving around the 1988 Honda CRX in style. People compliment that car often. One of the pharmacists from my IPPE rotation offered to buy it, even though it's not for sale :smuggrin:. It only has 141,000 miles on it.

Hate to break it to you, but that's a British article.

Though I do understand your point, predicting when technology will appear is a tough task. That doesn't deter from the fact that it likely WILL happen eventually unless technology stops improving....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hate to break it to you, but that's a British article.
"A leading US inventor has predicted"
"Mr Kurzweil is one of 18 influential thinkers chosen to identify the great technological challenges facing humanity in the 21st century by the US National Academy of Engineering."
Though I do understand your point, predicting when technology will appear is a tough task. That doesn't deter from the fact that it likely WILL happen eventually unless technology stops improving....
There have been so many crazy predictions in the past. I'm weary of all of them now.

Check out these: predictions.

I'm hoping we'll hit our technological singularity in a different manner.... through computer enhancements of humanity. Interface computers with teh brain and you'll be able to download medical, pharmacy and law school in a few minutes. We won't have to spend decades of our lives on education, allowing for more life experiences and accelerated innovation.

Either that or we'll start going crazy and look like the cyborg priest from Johnny Mnemonic.

WVU, I was just thinking about what you said, so I need to clarify. In my mind, the British are the Americans' sidekick. How else could an island country defy the European Union? We provide their power.
Therefore, when I say the rest of the world, I mean the countries that are not attached to our hip. Countries that are not under the US umbrella of defense, take Brazil or New Zealand for example.

I'm sure you can give me stats or quotes that might prove otherwise, but I was just making a generalization.

In 2029, machines will be able to mimick humanity. In intelligence AND in emotional response.

So because they require no wages, machines will replace humans in "thinking" roles leaving only laborists. As robotics continues to develop, it will replace all laborists. When they combine, what of humanity? There will be no work......only those with an elite level of control over resources will have any economic power. This, of course, would not sustain itself. Out of necessity, Karl Marx's prediction on the fate of human society will come to fruition. There will be no other choice than communism.

I, for one, welcome our new communist machine overlords, comrade!

This proves beyond a reasonable doubt, you have absolutely no life.....

i·ro·ny1 –noun, plural -nies. 1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, "How nice!" when I said I had to work all weekend.

Does not apply to my comment....
Oh, it certainly does. Or is maybe not....?

That's a ****ty definition of irony, by the way. That's more of a definition of sarcasm....which is a lame rhetorical device itself. It's for those that aren't creative enough to come up with something good. My own personal catchphrase is an example of irony. "I am the most humble man alive!"

Haha....yes....excellent....

Oh, it certainly does. Or is maybe not....?

That's a ****ty definition of irony, by the way. That's more of a definition of sarcasm....which is a lame rhetorical device itself. It's for those that aren't creative enough to come up with something good. My own personal catchphrase is an example of irony. "I am the most humble man alive!"

Haha....yes....excellent....

Sorry just googled a definition and picked the first one...I'll will try to do better

FS0088.jpg

this is going to happen when the Battlestar Galactica and the Colonial fleet lands bringing with them the Cylons!! FRAK!!..... yeah, i'm a geek :D