2021-2022 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM Clearwater)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED! Interviewed 9/16

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Interviewed 9/14. Where do I see this in the portal?

Where can we find info about the estimated cost of attendance for both campuses? I was also wondering what campus is considered cheaper than the other in terms of the cost of living and renting an apartment. Does anybody know?

Question for anyone who was accepted. Do we have to send any of the documents in now? or can we wait on everything until Dec 14th deposit deadline?

Question for anyone who was accepted. Do we have to send any of the documents in now? or can we wait on everything until Dec 14th deposit deadline?
I think we can wait until December but I think the campus selection should be sent early before they run out of spaces

I think we can wait until December but I think the campus selection should be sent early before they run out of spaces
the campus selection form alone won't reserve your seat. the fine print says they need the deposit as well

the campus selection form alone won't reserve your seat. the fine print says they need the deposit as well
that's true and it makes sense. idk why I wrote that comment. sorry for not reading properly lol

How long after submitting your secondary was your file complete? Receive interview?
Primary Verified: 7/1
Secondary Received: 7/8
Secondary Submitted: 7/11
App Received/Complete (Phone Call): 7/22
Interview Invitation: 8/26
Interview Attended: 9/16
Acceptance (Email): 10/15

Hope this helps!!

Reactions: 2 users
Primary Verified: 7/1
Secondary Received: 7/8
Secondary Submitted: 7/11
App Received/Complete (Phone Call): 7/22
Interview Invitation: 8/26
Interview Attended: 9/16
Acceptance (Email): 10/15

Hope this helps!!
I got an email today saying my application was complete but did not get a phone call. I hope that isn’t a bad sign 😬

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email today saying my application was complete but did not get a phone call. I hope that isn’t a bad sign 😬
Nope not at all. I heard they started doing that to applicants marked complete later. I was marked in July so it was a bit early. Don’t stress! :)

My portal says that my transcript isn't delivered even though I got the complete call a few days ago. do I need to send it directly to them if it's already in aacomas and got that call?

My portal says that my transcript isn't delivered even though I got the complete call a few days ago. do I need to send it directly to them if it's already in aacomas and got that call?
No, I think you send it to them after you have been accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
For those accepted, which campus are you going to and why? tampa bay or davie?

Did any Canadians submit a transcript evaluation (even though they attended an english speaking institution)? I already got an email saying my application complete but on my portal it says my foreign transcript evaluation have not been received

For those accepted, which campus are you going to and why? tampa bay or davie?
I picked the Tampa Bay Clearwater campus! I heard cost of living is much cheaper than Davie and the new building/facilities there are honestly beautiful. I also know a lot of people in the clearwater area which I feel would help make for a smoother transition to med school considering I am OOS. You can search “NSU-KPCOM“ on youtube and watch campus tours for each site.

Honestly both campuses are great and you can’t really choose wrong by picking one over the other. Hope this helps :)

I selected the Davie campus. I know the area and its honestly beautiful as well.

I picked the Tampa Bay Clearwater campus! I heard cost of living is much cheaper than Davie and the new building/facilities there are honestly beautiful. I also know a lot of people in the clearwater area which I feel would help make for a smoother transition to med school considering I am OOS. You can search “NSU-KPCOM“ on youtube and watch campus tours for each site.

Honestly both campuses are great and you can’t really choose wrong by picking one over the other. Hope this helps :)
For Tampa, is there any form of public transportation or is having a car a must?

also where can I find the estimated cost of attendance for each year? I see it's about 63K for OOS but that includes tuition only

For Tampa, is there any form of public transportation or is having a car a must?
Hmm not too sure but I believe you may need a car in Tampa. The south isnt exactly notorious for having reliable public transportation unfortunately :/

Kinda worried about this wait. Got the call 8/26 and haven't heard anything. 3.5 512 OOS. Anyone else in the same boat? Got a bunch of other IIs from DOs I submitted around the same time + MD already and with this being one of my top DO choices im just getting anxious lol
I’m sure you’ll get an II soon. A lot DO schools are weird about who gets an II and when they’ll get it, regardless of stats, experiences, etc. That’s kind of the vibe I’ve gotten at least. I would update admissions of your sincere interest via email. No harm in doing this with every school you’re interested in as long as they allow communication with admissions.

interviewed 10/5 but haven't heard anything. so nervous, when do they send out the next batch of acceptances? and do you get an email/phone call from them or is it posted on the portal?

Got my acceptance yesterday! Interviewed 10/7. I'm so thrilled about this, my first acceptance coming from someone living in New England with a 3.7 gpa, humanities major, and 500 MCAT! Super excited for sunny Florida:)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Got my acceptance yesterday! Interviewed 10/7. I'm so thrilled about this, my first acceptance coming from someone living in New England with a 3.7 gpa, humanities major, and 500 MCAT! Super excited for sunny Florida:)
Congratulations! That is amazing news! Can I ask, what do you think made you stand out to the admissions team?

Congratulations!! Did you get an email about your acceptance? Also, did anyone else who interviewed on 10/7 hear back yet?

Congratulations! That is amazing news! Can I ask, what do you think made you stand out to the admissions team?
I really want to be a doctor and my application showed that... but I did have some international experience and showed interest in international medicine which is pretty big at Nova from my understanding :)

Got a pre II R today. Does not feel very nice lol

Just got rejected too!! For those that got the R, can you share stats?? Bc I’m out here with a 509, 3.82 undergrad gpa, all A’s in M.S. program, two publications (first and second author), just totally confused…

For those who received Pre-II rejections, when were you complete? I’ve been complete since Late August and it’s been silence

ok question? can someone be overqualified for this school, because I truly don't understand where I have gone wrong here...

Anyone complete mid Aug get a rejection? Anyone with low MCAT get a rejection?

During my interview the students said the courses were pass/fail, is this true for all?

Just got rejected too!! For those that got the R, can you share stats?? Bc I’m out here with a 509, 3.82 undergrad gpa, all A’s in M.S. program, two publications (first and second author), just totally confused…
This doesnt even make sense. Im sorry :(

I was 3.7/514 and got my interview and acceptance in April after meeting the admissions counselors during a medical school fair then sending them an LOI. I think what they really filter for is people actually interested vs people applying broadly. I am fortunate to have strong connections growing up close to the school and having a sibling that graduated from a different doctoral program there.

Getting back to your question, Dean Wallace, specifically told us during our orientation that they don't necessarily care about high grades and achievements. They want interesting and unique people.
ok question? can someone be overqualified for this school, because I truly don't understand where I have gone wrong here...

There's a few apartment places next to campus that you can get away with only having a bike, but Florida in general has awful public transportation and having a car will make your life 100x better (especially when it rains).