2020-21 Thomas Jefferson University P4 Post-Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lifeislikeaboxofchocolate

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I thought I’d post this to create a thread of anyone who has committed to the Thomas Jefferson University P4 Program. This post is also dedicated to those who have already completed the program or are in the process of completing it. I’m curious, what is the program like: classes, professors, surrounding area, overall? If you’re interested in my stats, just PM me.

I’m recently been accepted and I am committing to the 20-21 P4 1-year track. Any and all input is appreciated! :) Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there--I was accepted to the program on the one-year track as well. Congrats to you, and maybe we will be classmates.

I currently live in center city Philadelphia, so I can say more about living here if you are interested. I've talked to a fellow alumna of my undergraduate school who recently finished the P4 program at Jefferson, and I'd also be happy to share what she told me about her experience if you want to DM me. Did you come for an in-person interview, and are you familiar with Jefferson as a healthcare network overall?

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, long-time lurker here. Looks like I'm joining you guys on the one-year track -- just found out I got in!

Would you mind if I DM'd you too, vext840?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, sorry for the late response--feel free, and congratulations!

Hello all, I'm a bit later to the game, but I recently received my acceptance and have submitted my deposit for the 1-year P4!
Neat prospect that some of us may soon be classmates!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! I'm also a bit late to the application cycle, but does anyone have any interview advice? Much appreciated! Hope I get to join you guys soon! Thank you!!!!

The interview was pretty standard in terms of questions, so my advice is going to be a little generic. ; P

In more detail, I think the important things to do in terms with prep are:
  • Be familiar with what your 'brand' is and how your experiences fit into it
  • Think through some typical interview 'situations' (time you showed leadership, time you had trouble with a coworker, accomplishments) and practice presenting these situations in an organized, coherent way.
  • Be thoroughly sure you know what the program is about and why you're choosing it, both short and long term
  • Review what is unique about TJU in medicine, and why that is important to you
  • If you don't have any questions about the program, specifically find and prepare some
  • Put together your notes in a neat, organized way to take with you/have on hand by the phone
  • Review your application and reread your essay -- that is the starting point from which they know you
I interviewed by phone, and it was a fun interview. Afterwards I was really excited, because it hit me that attending a postbac might really happen (I started applying the previous cycle, but had to wait a year for work reasons) - the enthusiasm and excitement is really infectious.

As they say on the med school application threads, if they're interviewing you, you're already good enough on paper. Go in there and tell them why you're great and why you'd make this year's P4 class awesome just by being there.

Reactions: 3 users
Just found out I got in to the one year program! I'm so excited to be joining you guys! For those of you going, do you have a group chat or something for admitted students? I'd love to get to know all of you!

Hi,

Can someone explain the linkage with SKMC in detail please?

Just found out I got accepted into the P4 2020-2021 program. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Just found out I got accepted into the P4 2020-2021 program. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Congratulations! Is that the one year track? When did you apply & interview ?

Congratulations! Is that the one year track? When did you apply & interview ?
I interviewed on April 16th and I applied March 27th, 2020. Thank you! I dont think that the classes being online will effect school admissions right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys!

I'm looking into Jefferson and would love to hear from those who have already begun/know about the program. If anyone has time to elaborate on the school I'm all ears!

Would anyone who was admitted be willing to share their stats?

If you DM me the stats you're interested in, I'd be happy to share.

Hi there--I was accepted to the program on the one-year track as well. Congrats to you, and maybe we will be classmates.

I currently live in center city Philadelphia, so I can say more about living here if you are interested. I've talked to a fellow alumna of my undergraduate school who recently finished the P4 program at Jefferson, and I'd also be happy to share what she told me about her experience if you want to DM me. Did you come for an in-person interview, and are you familiar with Jefferson as a healthcare network overall?
Hey @vext840 would it be alright if I PM you?

@madein1995 yes! Please PM me if I can still be of any help, and I apologize for not seeing this earlier.

If anybody is interested in messaging me in the future, feel free to go ahead and do so.

@madein1995 yes! Please PM me if I can still be of any help, and I apologize for not seeing this earlier.

If anybody is interested in messaging me in the future, feel free to go ahead and do so.
No worries! Just PM'd you =)

Hi all I'm a bit late to this thread....but I'm applying to post bacc programs and was thinking of applying to TJ P4! Was wondering how the program is going for you guys. I understand it's been a weird year but still curious :)

Just found out I got in to the one year program! I'm so excited to be joining you guys! For those of you going, do you have a group chat or something for admitted students? I'd love to get to know all of you!
Hello. I just got accepted to this program and was wondering how is your experience going?

Hello all, I'm a bit later to the game, but I recently received my acceptance and have submitted my deposit for the 1-year P4!
Neat prospect that some of us may soon be classmates!
Hello, I recently got accepted into the 1-year P4 program. I was just endearing how was your experience?

Hello, I just got accepted into this program! How is your experience going?

Hello, I just got accepted into this program! How is your experience going?
Hi! I applied and was wondering how long it took you to find out about your acceptance after the interview?

Hi! I applied and was wondering how long it took you to find out about your acceptance after the interview?
Hi there! I was accepted yesterday as well and am currently weighing them against a few other schools (interview with someone else tomorrow too). For the record, I responded immediately to every inquiry and invitation but they sometimes took a few days to respond which given the season and the state of the world is understandable. I think you've probably already been interviewed but the interview was really relaxed and easy going, and both interviewers were kind and showed a genuine interested in developing me into the best possible candidate.

Timeline:

Sat Jan 2nd - Applied via PBC
Thurs Jan 7th - Invited to interview
Wed Jan 13th - Interview confirmed
Fri Jan 22nd - Interview (2 sessions, 1 hour each)
Tues Feb 9 - Accepted

Good luck to you! TJ was my first choice, but I'm currently leaning elsewhere due to having such a wonderful experience during a different interview (though I have another scheduled tomorrow).

I don't know anything about anything but happy to clarify whatever you'd like via pm or on the forum.

Hello! Hope you get in! We could be potential classmates! And exactly a week after the interview I found out I got accepted. Best of luck!

Hi there! I was accepted yesterday as well and am currently weighing them against a few other schools (interview with someone else tomorrow too). For the record, I responded immediately to every inquiry and invitation but they sometimes took a few days to respond which given the season and the state of the world is understandable. I think you've probably already been interviewed but the interview was really relaxed and easy going, and both interviewers were kind and showed a genuine interested in developing me into the best possible candidate.

Timeline:

Sat Jan 2nd - Applied via PBC
Thurs Jan 7th - Invited to interview
Wed Jan 13th - Interview confirmed
Fri Jan 22nd - Interview (2 sessions, 1 hour each)
Tues Feb 9 - Accepted

Good luck to you! TJ was my first choice, but I'm currently leaning elsewhere due to having such a wonderful experience during a different interview (though I have another scheduled tomorrow).

I don't know anything about anything but happy to clarify whatever you'd like via pm or on the forum.
Thank you so much for the detailed response! I received a call from them this morning and got my acceptance!

Best of luck to you! We could potentially be in the same program :)

Hello! Hope you get in! We could be potential classmates! And exactly a week after the interview I found out I got accepted. Best of luck!
Thank you so much! I received a call from them this morning and I got accepted!! :)

@microwavecoffee congrats on the acceptance! What other schools are you weighing against TJ? I noticed you're also prehealth/undecided same as me. There aren't many programs that accommodate other non pre-med options so was just wondering.

@microwavecoffee congrats on the acceptance! What other schools are you weighing against TJ? I noticed you're also prehealth/undecided same as me. There aren't many programs that accommodate other non pre-med options so was just wondering.
I’m weighing against Temple (accepted on Monday), GWU, CU Boulder, Loras, and TJ. I’m also waiting to hear back from 3 schools, but baring an incredible interview day I’m not sure I’m interested in them like I am the ones I mentioned.

I’m currently leaning away from TJ, but am still very much weighing options.

I’m not sure where I listed pre-health/undecided, but that was probably due to the fact that I’ve been considering MCSW, DPT (I still see this as a sorta possibility), and Psychology as alternatives with shorter timelines for several years. I’m very much invested in the premed path though and barring a timeline shift, I’m all in.

What about you?

(ps: happy to discuss schools further in DMs)

I’m weighing against Temple (accepted on Monday), GWU, CU Boulder, Loras, and TJ. I’m also waiting to hear back from 3 schools, but baring an incredible interview day I’m not sure I’m interested in them like I am the ones I mentioned.

I’m currently leaning away from TJ, but am still very much weighing options.

I’m not sure where I listed pre-health/undecided, but that was probably due to the fact that I’ve been considering MCSW, DPT (I still see this as a sorta possibility), and Psychology as alternatives with shorter timelines for several years. I’m very much invested in the premed path though and barring a timeline shift, I’m all in.

What about you?

(ps: happy to discuss schools further in DMs)
I've actually only applied to two schools: TJ and Tufts, but I was recently accepted into TJ. I haven't seen much information about Tufts, but I was curious to know why you're leaning away from TJ and which one you're leaning towards. I looked on the other Post-Bac 2021-2022 admissions thread but everything is basically about goucher, BM, UVA, etc lol.

Hey there! It's less leaning away and more leaning towards a different school based on my interactions with them (the other school, not TJ..TJ has been incredible and the two people I interviewed with are both wonderful and definitely interested in my development into a strong future applicant). It's just the other school feels like a better fit. I haven't decided yet, but will be choosing soon.

I'll shoot you a message later this evening and I can go into things a little further if you'd like, I just don't want to overly identify myself here.

Hey so the user “Westcoastlos” is a current student of the TJU program and has given me great insight into this program. I just messaged him and he gave me his full on experience which was great.

I also applied to the 2-year track and accepted the offer! Had anyone heard about when classes officially start, registration, orientation, etc.?

Gotcha. I did get notified about setting up an email address and sending in a photo for an ID, but both seemed like sort of automated emails.

I sent an email today asking for more information on the calendar and orientation, so if I hear anything I'll post here.

Gotcha. I did get notified about setting up an email address and sending in a photo for an ID, but both seemed like sort of automated emails.

I sent an email today asking for more information on the calendar and orientation, so if I hear anything I'll post here.
Thank you! Please feel free to inbox me! I’d love to connect with everyone. I did all the automated tasks as well. I’m looking for the actual start date of Fall to include orientation.

I also applied to the 2-year track and accepted the offer! Had anyone heard about when classes officially start, registration, orientation, etc.?
I have also submitted my deposit for the two year track

Hello, I recently got accepted into the 1-year P4 program. I was just endearing how was your experience?
Hi jwill22, congrats on the acceptance! Sorry for taking so long to respond. I wonder if you have decided to attend starting later this month or if you chose another program?

The program exceeded my expectations - the directors are amazingly dedicated, solid professors overall, and lots of advising about careers/MCAT. The one downside was the program was not very helpful in providing early info about the linkage programs, so we had to make rather spur of the moment decisions if we wanted to apply, and if we even qualified. Still, I would highly recommend the program and hope this year's cohort gets to do more classes in person. Good luck to you!

Hi there,

I was recently accepted into both the 1-year and 2-year P4 programs and chose the 2-year r/t the early start date of the 1-year tract. Looking forward to connecting with peers and learning any insider information regarding the program!