2020-2021 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe they are moving slower this year with the COVID-19 situation

Yea that’s a very real possibility

Members don't see this ad.

How is everyone answering the "If you were employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate or graduate school, please list dates of employment beginning with your current position along with title or job description, level of responsibility, and number of hours per week"?

Are yall just listing the jobs you had in undergrad with dates, position, description, responsibility and hours? Like in bulletpoint form? lol

UPDATE: I called them and the person that spoke with me said bulletpoint form is fine.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
For this secondary question "List and briefly describe your significant health care-related volunteer activities since graduation from high school"

Are you guys including dates and hours like the question about your jobs?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
For this secondary question "List and briefly describe your significant health care-related volunteer activities since graduation from high school"

Are you guys including dates and hours like the question about your jobs?
I don't know if it's necessary since that information is already in the primary application.

Hey guys, if I am LGBTQ+ do I mark yes for the URM prompt?

For the question about school year employment is it ok to just copy and paste what we had on the primary app?

@16qg I would try to rephrase in some way. Never copy and paste.

So does anyone know about their review process? Do they revisit applications later in the cycle? Or do they make a decision the first time they look it over?

So does anyone know about their review process? Do they revisit applications later in the cycle? Or do they make a decision the first time they look it over?
I actually think they do. They have rolling admissions, so they continue their interviews and acceptances pretty late into the next year. So I'd say they keep decent applicants in the pile until their cycle is over. I know LECOM does this.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually think they do. They have rolling admissions, so they continue their interviews and acceptances pretty late into the next year. So I'd say they keep decent applicants in the pile until their cycle is over. I know LECOM does this.

gotcha, thanks!

I got a call stating they received my primary and secondary app along with all requirements for further review.-- submitted 7/24. Gave me a huge peace of mind! Hoping we all hear back again soon!!! :giggle:

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard anything passed that phone call? Such as an interview invite?

Primary verified 7/27, above-average stats, and have not received a secondary??

Primary verified 7/27, above-average stats, and have not received a secondary??
You are fine. They take a while to send secondaries, my primary was verified 7/15 and I got my secondary one week later on 7/22.

If I got the call about my application being complete but missed it and it went to voicemail should I call back? or no

If I got the call about my application being complete but missed it and it went to voicemail should I call back? or no

If the voicemail said that your app is complete and being forwarded then you’re done

If the voicemail said that your app is complete and being forwarded then you’re done
Couldn't really understand the voicemail left on my phone, so I am unsure if I am complete. I checked the status page, and all the requirements have a date received next to it. Do ya'll know if that means I am complete? I don't want to call back unnecessarily.

Couldn't really understand the voicemail left on my phone, so I am unsure if I am complete. I checked the status page, and all the requirements have a date received next to it. Do ya'll know if that means I am complete? I don't want to call back unnecessarily.

I think that means you're complete!

you're good, same thing happened to me

Will NOVA extend Interview Invites without an MCAT? Did they say how long would they take to review the application before sending an II.

When I was called I asked about this and she said yes they will.... but I wouldn't be surprised if they just wait if you're MCAT is scheduled in August

Just got a call to let me know that they have received my complete application and its being forwarded for review (submitted secondary 7/27). I asked about the timeline for interview invites and I was told 4 -6 weeks from now.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got a call to let me know that they have received my complete application and its being forwarded for review (submitted secondary 7/27). I asked about the timeline for interview invites and I was told 4 -6 weeks from now.
+1 today

Wow that’s a long time until invites are sent out

I have two MCAT scores on my primary, somehow NOVA only got the older one, and cannot get the newer score. But all the other schools received both of my scores. Anyone else having this issue? I emailed them and all they told me is "after a careful review there is only one score on your file"

I have two MCAT scores on my primary, somehow NOVA only got the older one, and cannot get the newer score. But all the other schools received both of my scores. Anyone else having this issue? I emailed them and all they told me is "after a careful review there is only one score on your file"
Maybe try contacting AAMC and telling them that they only received one of the two scores!

Yes, I have a similar issue. I received my MCAT score a few weeks ago and all my schools have received it except NOVA

My MCAT scores were released on July 14th, and NOVA didn't mark them as received until July 24th, no idea if this was considered fast or normal.

Anyone who received a call that their app was completed receive another call after that? They said that we would be getting a decision in 4 weeks, so just angsty if this means I did not get thru the next step?

Anyone who received a call that their app was completed receive another call after that? They said that we would be getting a decision in 4 weeks, so just angsty if this means I did not get thru the next step?
I just got the one saying 4 weeks for a decision after it was complete

I submitted my application like 5 weeks ago now, and I'm so worried if I didn't get through

I received my secondary this morning (7/31), but it literally disappeared from my inbox before I could set up an account. Any ideas on how I can get a new invitation? Can someone send me the link to the application portal, please?

I didn't delete the email, archive it, or junk it. It was open on my phone, then I swiped to read a text, and when I got back to my phone the email was just gone. I went through every box I could, and I couldn't find it.

II just now!!
Edit: secondary received 6/18, complete 7/11
LM 65.8
OOS

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
II Recieved at 10:32 am Today, just saw it after finishing with a patient!! OOS

Reactions: 2 users
Kind of frustrated that NOVA can't get my newer MCAT somehow. :( I took it in January 2020 and all the other schools got it but NOVA didn't.