2019-2020 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To those who have interviewed: What items did you carry with you to the interview? Copies of your CV, notepad, etc.?

I am scheduled to interview Monday and am becoming very nervous.

To those who have interviewed: What items did you carry with you to the interview? Copies of your CV, notepad, etc.?

I am scheduled to interview Monday and am becoming very nervous.

So personally, I brought a notepad to jot down the financial aid information that they gave us. Which was actually really helpful and in depth compared to other school’a interviews. But otherwise, I don’t think there’s anything that you NEED to bring. They give you a folder and a bag so you don’t even need to bring a notepad honestly, you can write on the papers inside the folder. No need for CV, if anything bring your secondary so you can review what you wrote.

It’s hard not to be nervous, but honestly, this was the most relaxed interview I went to. If you got an interview, it means they want you. They told us that multiple times. Remember why DO, why WCUCOM, and what area of practice you want to do (should have an interest in primary care of course). Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
So personally, I brought a notepad to jot down the financial aid information that they gave us. Which was actually really helpful and in depth compared to other school’a interviews. But otherwise, I don’t think there’s anything that you NEED to bring. They give you a folder and a bag so you don’t even need to bring a notepad honestly, you can write on the papers inside the folder. No need for CV, if anything bring your secondary so you can review what you wrote.

It’s hard not to be nervous, but honestly, this was the most relaxed interview I went to. If you got an interview, it means they want you. They told us that multiple times. Remember why DO, why WCUCOM, and what area of practice you want to do (should have an interest in primary care of course). Good luck!
Thank you very much!

Reactions: 1 user
Do they send an email letting you know your application is complete or do you have to email to ask? I submitted my secondary and they emailed saying they were still awaiting one of my LORs. My school submitted the LOR that was missing last week but I have not had confirmation from them that I am complete

Interviewing here tomorrow.
If any current students want a free dinner, first one willing to meet tomorrow I’ll buy you dinner over some questions I have about the school and your experience in general.

Interviewing here tomorrow.
If any current students want a free dinner, first one willing to meet tomorrow I’ll buy you dinner over some questions I have about the school and your experience in general.

hahahaha....I don't need to go out for dinner personally and I don't imagine you'll get anyone replying because we're all testing today (all the first years are spending tonight studying). That said, if you want to swing by, there's going to be several students studying at my place tonight and you can quiz us ad nauseam with questions about the school. :) Just shoot me a pm and I'll give you the deets.

hahahaha....I don't need to go out for dinner personally and I don't imagine you'll get anyone replying because we're all testing today (all the first years are spending tonight studying). That said, if you want to swing by, there's going to be several students studying at my place tonight and you can quiz us ad nauseam with questions about the school. :) Just shoot me a pm and I'll give you the deets.
Yea most of my questions were answered by lunch lol.
Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! I interview on the 30th. Do you remember your interview questions, at least the ethical questions?
Thank you!!! The questions were common in nature, such as why medicine, why DO, why WCUCOM, etc. The ethical question is based off which specialty you hope to practice in, so it depends!

Do we need to send Casper results to the school?

Thank you!!! The questions were common in nature, such as why medicine, why DO, why WCUCOM, etc. The ethical question is based off which specialty you hope to practice in, so it depends!
Is the ethical question like a what would you do in this scenario type of question?

does anyone know the secondary screen requirements? Submitted July and just realized I never received a 2' (checked spam).

High everyone, I'm a current 2nd year, looking to transfer to WC my 3rd year for familial reasons. Can I get a current 3rd or 4th year to private message me so I can get some opinions on WC's rotation quality and their rotation areas.

Many Thanks

does anyone know the secondary screen requirements? Submitted July and just realized I never received a 2' (checked spam).
They said that they send secondaries to about a quarter of the applicants, but they did not say what the specific criteria was, just that they were choosy. If you have yet to receive one and are really interested in WC and are a good fit, a letter of intent might be helpful.

Will be turning down my acceptance here, hopefully someone here gets the good news soon.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today! I'm going to be a doctor!!

Reactions: 3 users
They said that they send secondaries to about a quarter of the applicants, but they did not say what the specific criteria was, just that they were choosy. If you have yet to receive one and are really interested in WC and are a good fit, a letter of intent might be helpful.
Really? only 25%? Wow

Just had my interview today! The school completely blew me away with how they handled the interview process. I came in expecting a large number of students, but later found out it was a very small group. Plus I was amazed how strong and supportive all the students are among each other. They told my group that a decision will be made on Wednesday, so hopefully I will hear back from them the same day.

Does anyone know if now is considered too late to apply here? I only applied MD last year but I’d like to apply here as well. My application has been verified I’m just waiting on 1 LOR from a professor which should be in the next few days. I’ve never applied DO before but I know there process runs a little later than MD, but I don’t know if I’m too late.

Does anyone know if now is considered too late to apply here? I only applied MD last year but I’d like to apply here as well. My application has been verified I’m just waiting on 1 LOR from a professor which should be in the next few days. I’ve never applied DO before but I know there process runs a little later than MD, but I don’t know if I’m too late.

It’s not too late. They’ll accept applications well into the spring.

Accepted on 9/25 via phone, received mail confirmation a few days ago.

Hey all, I was recently accepted to this program and I was just wondering if anyone has a good idea/could elaborate on how strong the rotations sites are that are offered to the students. Also, are these sites quite friendly for residency placement to WCUCOM grads?

For negative aspects of the school or better options elsewhere?
A little of both, I have a better option available for me personally. Negative aspects just the location, attendance policy, and dress code didn't gel with me the best. Absolutely loved the staff and atmosphere of this school though, the were genuinely interested in you as an applicant.

A little of both, I have a better option available for me personally. Negative aspects just the location, attendance policy, and dress code didn't gel with me the best. Absolutely loved the staff and atmosphere of this school though, the were genuinely interested in you as an applicant.
There's a dress code?

There's a dress code?

Yes, but it’s scrubs, so it’s not a huge deal

And to answer your other question, the class size is currently 100, but next year they’re increasing it to 150.