2019-2020 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys!! Can any current LMU students tell me where students live off-campus? Might be a stupid question but I can't find anything useful online.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email that they’ve extended their deadline for April 1st. Do you think it’s still worth sending a secondary?
A secondary I would say no, but We never know. If you have VERY good stats they might interview you, but you are applying EXTREMELY late. I hope it works out for you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if there is a class of 2024 Facebook group yet?

Definitely an eyebrow raise, and the “bad part” is that each year it becomes more competitive and there are more people applying, so it’s always getting harder. Although, if you get an interview, that means you grabbed their attention, you just gotta show them why they really should pick you and not someone else. And yes, I would think that out of 7k applications, they interviewed like 700 and accepted 350. But again, that’s just an “educated opinion” of the current situation. Some schools release these information every year, but I don’t think LMU does :\

Just my opinion but I dont think they got 7k apps this year. They recieved less than 3.5k apps last year according to the aacom website. They interview a good amount, like 700+ like you said. Also, i dont think it got much harder to get accepted to a school this year since new DO schools are being created each year. There were at least 2? new schools this cycle.

Just my opinion but I dont think they got 7k apps this year. They recieved less than 3.5k apps last year according to the aacom website. They interview a good amount, like 700+ like you said. Also, i dont think it got much harder to get accepted to a school this year since new DO schools are being created each year. There were at least 2? new schools this cycle.
I found a couple of websites to backed up what I said. They posted on their Facebook this link that said they received more than 5K applications for the CLASS of 2020 (a long time ago). The link is below:

Now, if they received more than 5K basically 4 years ago, I guarantee they are receiving more applications now since every year there are more students applying and not less.
I have found some conflicting information from other websites about the number of applications received, but I would consider the information coming directly from LMU (like the one they posted on their FB) as more accurate than another website.
I also don't agree with you about "not getting harder to get accepted". I found this link from US NEWS and if you want to spend 5 minutes reading it you will probably change your perspective. The number of people applying to medical school has increased drastically, so every year there are more people applying, as a consequence it becomes more competitive. I am putting the link bellow:
In terms of new DO schools, yes there are new DO schools being created and new campuses being opened, but that doesn't mean it gets any easier to get accepted. I guarantee that those new schools will receive thousands of applications and will definitely be highly selective when accepting prospective students.
Again, some stuff are just facts, and there are a lot of articles to show you that :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hey all, long time lurker. Did anyone else that interviewed on 2/28 not hear back yet?

You are wrong. Interviewed 2/28. Rejected. Not sure why I got the interview in the first place. Also, not sure why they delayed getting back to those on 2/28 while getting back sooner to those on 3/6.

First of all I am well aware how humiliating a post interview rejection is. Myself and another guy had a discussion about how competitive the process has become right here on this thread. Post interview rejections and waitlisting have become commonplace. LMU isn't the only school that's handing out post interview rejections, trust me on that one.

I found a couple of websites to backed up what I said. They posted on their Facebook this link that said they received more than 5K applications for the CLASS of 2020 (a long time ago). The link is below:

Now, if they received more than 5K basically 4 years ago, I guarantee they are receiving more applications now since every year there are more students applying and not less.
I have found some conflicting information from other websites about the number of applications received, but I would consider the information coming directly from LMU (like the one they posted on their FB) as more accurate than another website.
I also don't agree with you about "not getting harder to get accepted". I found this link from US NEWS and if you want to spend 5 minutes reading it you will probably change your perspective. The number of people applying to medical school has increased drastically, so every year there are more people applying, as a consequence it becomes more competitive. I am putting the link bellow:
In terms of new DO schools, yes there are new DO schools being created and new campuses being opened, but that doesn't mean it gets any easier to get accepted. I guarantee that those new schools will receive thousands of applications and will definitely be highly selective when accepting prospective students.
Again, some stuff are just facts, and there are a lot of articles to show you that :)

I understand why you made your assumption but this is where I found my info about the number of applicants dcom receives: Applicants

By looking under trends, it shows that back in 2016-17, dcom received around 5k apps like in the pic you posted, but in recent times it has gone down a lot... 3,392 for the last cycle.

I agree that overall, the apps to DO schools have exploded. I was really just trying to make a point between the previous 2 years. From the previous website info, between the last 2 cycles (2018-2019), there was an increase of about 600 apps. Between 2017-2018 it was hardly an increase of 200 apps. The new schools the began during this time offer hundreds of seats combined. So, that's why I said the competitiveness hasn't drastically increased.

Will be withdrawing my acceptance to the Knoxville campus. Loved the school but was accepted at a higher choice, best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys!

I was wondering if anyone could help with the LOI process. Do I email it directly to Whitney Porter or Elyse Morrow (I interviewed in Knoxville but love both campuses)?
-- Final note is this bad timing? Should I wait until the COVID-19 pandemic slows down? I have never sent one before and not sure how to go about it. Any help is appreciated!:)

Just got an II!! Submitted my app end of January (late af I know), and was finally marked complete early march after a huge delay from a LOR...

Are there even any spots left? Should I be optimistic about my II or is my best shot a WL?

Are there even any spots left? Should I be optimistic about my II or is my best shot a WL?
From what it sounds like on here it depends on the campus, Knoxville is looking like it's primarily giving out WL at this point but I've seen multiple acceptances being handed out for Harrogate recently. At least based on what people have been posting. When is your interview?

From what it sounds like on here it depends on the campus, Knoxville is looking like it's primarily giving out WL at this point but I've seen multiple acceptances being handed out for Harrogate recently. At least based on what people have been posting. When is your interview?
April 9, for harrogate

When I interviewed, a medical student told me that 75% of the class was filled so I would say that they are still giving out acceptances

Reactions: 1 users
officially committed here! My brother and sister in law wants to gift me a littman stethoscope. What is recommended?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
You will definitely need a Littman Cardiology IV (or better stethoscope) for the essentials of patient care course. Welcome to the Family!

thank you!

Hello, all. My name is Corey, and I am a current OMS-2 at LMU-DCOM. I have never used Student Dr Network before, so please be patient with me as I figure out all the logistics of this site. Anyway, I know it may be difficult to ask current students about the school now as we have moved online for the COVID-19 situation. As such, I wanted to offer you all the ability to ask a student any questions you may want about their experience at DCOM.

Spoiler alert: I love this school.

Shoot me a message on here, and I'll be more than happy to answer (if I figure out how), and I can give you my e-mail.

Update: I have no information about seat number or anything like that from an admission standpoint wise. Those questions should be directed towards our wonderful admissions department.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone have any experience with Ball Realty? Thinking about renting a 1 br apartment in the multiplex!

The due date for secondaries has been extended through April 13th and I am sure it has to do with COVID. Is it fair to assume that LMU has still more seats to fill in? Also, I hear LMU has a alternate list and wonder why they wouldn't clear the alternate list? Any thoughts?

Has anybody that interviewed March 20th heard back?

Has anybody that interviewed March 20th heard back?
I interviewed March 19th, I haven’t heard anything yet. I did get an email Monday saying that the Admissions Committee would be meeting yesterday April 1st for the March 19-20 interview dates.

I interviewed March 19th, I haven’t heard anything yet. I did get an email Monday saying that the Admissions Committee would be meeting yesterday April 1st for the March 19-20 interview dates.

lol thank god I’m not the only one. I’m stressing

I received an acceptance call today, interviewed March 19th!

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed on March 20th, heard back yesterday!!! I can't believe I'm going to be a doctor!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Harrogate! Congratulations to you too, hopefully I'll see you there!!

I did not hear back still. Interviewed on March 20th. I'm assuming was waitlisted or rejected. Anyone still waiting to hear back who interviewed the 19th or 20th?

I did not hear back still. Interviewed on March 20th. I'm assuming was waitlisted or rejected. Anyone still waiting to hear back who interviewed the 19th or 20th?
Same, still waiting. Hoping for a waitlist at this point.

Hey guys, quick question about the background checks. If we have already completed one using Castle Branch can we use that for every school we are accepted to or do we have to do every single one individually?

Hey guys, quick question about the background checks. If we have already completed one using Castle Branch can we use that for every school we are accepted to or do we have to do every single one individually?
I think you use castle branch for the school you committed to go. For example, I’m going to attend LMU, so I have to go through a Castle Branch tab that was made specifically for LMU. There I have some LMU matriculation documents that has to be signed and a bunch of immunizations and background check. I hope this answers your question.

Hi everyone!

Does anyone have any info on COMLEX pass rates and match rates for this past year? Also, do any current LMU DCOM students (Knoxville in particular!) have any pros/cons that they would be willing to share? Trying to make a decision between LMU which I loved and another school! Thanks :)

I think you use castle branch for the school you committed to go. For example, I’m going to attend LMU, so I have to go through a Castle Branch tab that was made specifically for LMU. There I have some LMU matriculation documents that has to be signed and a bunch of immunizations and background check. I hope this answers your question.
Thanks! Would it let you sign the documents before the background check? I seem to be unable to get to the documents tab without having to pay the background check fees