2019-2020 LECOM-E Post Bacc (Masters program)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any idea on how LOR's can be sent? on the instruction page it gives a mailing address, but my letter writer was wondering if there was an email address
thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Your cGPA would be fine! I think the min. sGPA is a 2.7. I would send an email/call Jamie just to tell him how much you want to be in the program. You wouldn't want to get weeded out by any application filters!

When you say email or call to let them know how much you want this program, how do you recommend doing this? Should i just call them and literally say I really want to get in, and I need a chance to prove my self for medical and I now I can perform well in the program???

I’m encountering an issue on the MMS application portal about the SAT. I know what my overall score was but took it like 7 years ago and have no record/recollection of the exact date or score breakdowns, which is asked and required. I never took the ACT so I was able to say no to that. My mcat is above 500 and I was just hoping to use that. Any advice on what to do about this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m encountering an issue on the MMS application portal about the SAT. I know what my overall score was but took it like 7 years ago and have no record/recollection of the exact date or score breakdowns, which is asked and required. I never took the ACT so I was able to say no to that. My mcat is above 500 and I was just hoping to use that. Any advice on what to do about this?
You can use your SAT score and GPA to apply for the master's program or just the MCAT. If you plan on using your MCAT score to apply, then the SAT would not be required since you are not using the AIS score to apply.

any idea on how LOR's can be sent? on the instruction page it gives a mailing address, but my letter writer was wondering if there was an email address
thanks in advance.

I sent my LORs to Jamie Murphy's email when I applied although I do not know if this has changed for this year's cycle. There should be instructions about LORs in the portal

You can use your SAT score and GPA to apply for the master's program or just the MCAT. If you plan on using your MCAT score to apply, then the SAT would not be required since you are not using the AIS score to apply.
Hey thanks for your reply, I planned on just using my mcat score but the thing is the MMS application portal asks if you’ve ever taken the SAT (required field). Now I have taken it so I felt it would be wrong to just say no, I was able to say no to the ACT question since I’ve never taken it. Anyway, through some serious effort I’ve been able to get my old scores sent to me through collegeboard (it’ll take like 15 days though) hope it’s not too late or anything.

Hey thanks for your reply, I planned on just using my mcat score but the thing is the MMS application portal asks if you’ve ever taken the SAT (required field). Now I have taken it so I felt it would be wrong to just say no, I was able to say no to the ACT question since I’ve never taken it. Anyway, through some serious effort I’ve been able to get my old scores sent to me through collegeboard (it’ll take like 15 days though) hope it’s not too late or anything.
What did you have to do to get the scores?

What did you have to do to get the scores?
I called CollegeBoard customer service and basically they archive your SAT scores if they're older than four years. So then you have to pay a fee for them to be sent to you.

Hey all! Congrats on your acceptances! I'm a current MMS student (dental track) so feel free to AMA.

A couple of things about the program:

-The program is ~10 months --> Summer (9 credits), Fall (14 credits) and Spring (15 credits) - all classes are taken in the dental building
- It's business/professional attire weekdays until 5pm (weekend is whatever)
- building is security access so you'll need a badge to get in and out and you'll get a parking permit (both free)
- It's a small school, 2 lecture halls, maybe 20 PBL rooms located in the library for private study. School is open 6-11, library is open 7-11.
- you will be introduced to the infamous PBL style learning in fall and spring
- You can study at the med school library next door if you need a change of scenery
- You're not allowed to drink water anywhere but the cafeteria (stupid rule, I drink water in the lecture hall all the time BUT don't do it in the library... you'll get in trouble).
- You'll love some professors (Dr. Hussein for physiology) and you'll realllllly dislike others but that can't be helped. Most of the professors want you to succeed though.
- Lakewood ranch is a really nice area and the apartments are nice too (but a little pricey).
- It's possible to commute (we have people who drive from Tampa, Wesley Chapel, Naples, etc) but it makes things a little harder
- all exams and quizzes are taken on your laptop via examsoft so be sure to have a solid laptop.
- Attendance is required and LECOM takes this pretty seriously. Not my favorite rule but it's important to go to lectures so you don't get behind.
- Cafeteria food is decent and cheap but it's cash only. They have an IOU system if you forget money one day though, which is nice. The med school cafeteria is better imo though. Most people bring their own lunches (there are microwaves available to heat up your food).
- The program is definitely challenging but if you really want to get into Med/Dental school then you'll put in the work and make it happen. It's definitely doable.
- they told us we need a 3.2 to get accepted into dental (idk how true that is - we just interviewed last week and are waiting to hear back. I can update then). They did not give Med students a GPA cutoff but implied that 3.4 was a successful GPA last year.

I'm sure there's a lot more I'm not thinking of so feel free to hmu with your questions and I'll try to answer the best I can!
Hello,
Thank you for writing this post. I’m wondering did you take the DAT? I’m looking the medical and not sure if the mcats are required for admissions to the med school.

Hello,
Thank you for writing this post. I’m wondering did you take the DAT? I’m looking the medical and not sure if the mcats are required for admissions to the med school.
MCAT isn’t required if you meet the AIS score from undergrad GPA + ACT/SAT. If you don’t meet that then you need a 497 MCAT