Army 2019-2020 4-year Army Dental HPSP Waitlsit/OML

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gojets64

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently on the Army OML for the 4 year HPSP. I have been since February. My question is basically, does anyone know if there is still hope to get off the waitlist at this point? I know in past cycles people have gotten off the waitlist around mid-June, but is July too late? Also, is it possible that final selections off the waitlist have simply been delayed a bit because of COVID-19?

I am trying to gauge my expectations about whether or not there is still a possibility to get the 4 year or if it makes more sense to focus only on my 3 year options at this point. The most my recruiter could tell me is that from his specific station he had one person selected initially in February and a second one selected off the waitlist in April, and nothing since then. He says he cannot see other stations, or the processing status of those selected. He did tell me back in January that based on mock boards I was top 5 in his station, so if a spot does open up I at least have a chance still.

Do any recruiters or Army dentists have any information on how the waitlist is currently going?

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

There is 100% hope. I had a friend get off the Navy waiting list 2 months into school. I doubt they've delayed waitlist selections. If someone drops out or decides not to do it, they'll pluck someone off the OML. Can definitely keep that option open while planning for the 3-year if that's what you really want to do. Best of luck

Reactions: 1 user
There is 100% hope. I had a friend get off the Navy waiting list 2 months into school. I doubt they've delayed waitlist selections. If someone drops out or decides not to do it, they'll pluck someone off the OML. Can definitely keep that option open while planning for the 3-year if that's what you really want to do. Best of luck

Thank you for the input. It makes me feel better to know someone made it off the waitlist so late, I didn't know that was even possible.

Members don't see this ad :)