2016-2017 IMG Radiology Residency Interview thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you have any idea when is the expected last dates for calls..
No idea... but i do have a rads interview at a competitive program.. and there are many community programs that I feel like I should get interviews with considering my prior interview. I know that generally they look at non-us img's last. they can give interviews all the way to december and even january but i would say bulk you would have by mid end of november. After about a month from now it will be tough I think. Anyone else can comment?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
bridgeport hospital - Yale univ program sending IV for IMGs today

Been pretty quiet these past few days, anybody have any good news?

Been pretty quiet these past few days, anybody have any good news?
received a few pre-lim IM invites

UHS, Wilson Medical Center in Johnson City, NY
Montefiore Medical Center Wakefield Campus

Rad Iv :
Arkansaas
San Antonio texas
St vincent bridgeport
Bridgeport_ yale program.. connecticut.
Prelim:
Lincon bronx
Metropolitan ny.
Uic chicago.

What you guys upto....is it the end of iv in radio or we can be still hopeful.

^ i'm in the same boat as you. When I talk to US applicants or read their forums it seems like they believe this pretty much the end of interview invites. However, can someone comment on if it's different for IMGs? Maybe we are looked at towards the end of invite season, and so still get Iv's late?

Members don't see this ad :)
^ i'm in the same boat as you. When I talk to US applicants or read their forums it seems like they believe this pretty much the end of interview invites. However, can someone comment on if it's different for IMGs? Maybe we are looked at towards the end of invite season, and so still get Iv's late?
It is not late at all. We have the highest chance of getting interviews in the next 2 weeks.

Anybody else on radio silence?

I've only been getting rejections for the past two weeks, with Wash U today

When did you get these? I don't see these on the regular thread, and am curious when their IVs went out

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yeah, does anyone know what's going on with Wayne State? Did they send out invites to a small number of people? Don't see it in the mega thread with all of the invite times/dates.

Match season has ended off course. How many interviews you guys have received so far and what were your stats?

IMG-Require visa
Scores: 240s, 240s
Experience: 6 month clinical and 6 month research
IVs: 4 radiology, 3 prelims

please if you matched share your experience.

Ok I'm applying this season.
NON US - IMG (Also knows as FMG).
2014-Dec YOG.
Step 1: 243
CK: 238
CS: pass 1st attempt
Step 3: 238
A few abstracts in ASNR meeting (I didn't present them).
4 months observership in a university hospital.

Will apply to about 120 - 140 Rad programs.
and 100 prelims.
Not applying to a second specialty ( I preffer apply to radiology in other countries).

ANY HONEST IDEA ABOUT MY CHANCES?

Ok I'm applying this season.
NON US - IMG (Also knows as FMG).
2014-Dec YOG.
Step 1: 243
CK: 238
CS: pass 1st attempt
Step 3: 238
A few abstracts in ASNR meeting (I didn't present them).
4 months observership in a university hospital.

Will apply to about 120 - 140 Rad programs.
and 100 prelims.
Not applying to a second specialty ( I preffer apply to radiology in other countries).

ANY HONEST IDEA ABOUT MY CHANCES?
HAve you checked NRMP's charting outcomes?

there is any 2017 NRMP chart yet ? i have checked previous years charts..
I don't think so, but I believe the 2016 data should give you a decent enough idea. I doubt much has changed between 2016 to 2017 in terms of estimating your chances.

Just at a glance (2016), it looks like non-US IMGs who got a Step 1 between 241-250, 23 matched but 12 did not match, while for Step 2CK between 231-240 15 matched but 14 did not match. I might be wrong, but I believe radiology tends to slightly favor Step 1 over Step 2, though it might depend on the program. Your research might help a tiny bit. Observerships might help only at the places where you did your observership and if they produced good LORs or connections.

Your big negatives are that you've already graduated 3 years ago, so hopefully you'll have a good explanation, and hopefully you've been doing something clinical during that time as well. The other big negative is of course your status as an IMG, assuming you need a visa sponsorship, but nothing you can do about that. Some programs simply won't sponsor a visa, so don't bother with those.

Otherwise, for you, there's no harm in applying (other than to your wallet), especially if you have a backup plan to do radiology in another country.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think so, but I believe the 2016 data should give you a decent enough idea. I doubt much has changed between 2016 to 2017 in terms of estimating your chances.

Just at a glance (2016), it looks like non-US IMGs who got a Step 1 between 241-250, 23 matched but 12 did not match, while for Step 2CK between 231-240 15 matched but 14 did not match. I might be wrong, but I believe radiology tends to slightly favor Step 1 over Step 2, though it might depend on the program. Your research might help a tiny bit. Observerships might help only at the places where you did your observership and if they produced good LORs or connections.

Your big negatives are that you've already graduated 3 years ago, so hopefully you'll have a good explanation, and hopefully you've been doing something clinical during that time as well. The other big negative is of course your status as an IMG, assuming you need a visa sponsorship, but nothing you can do about that. Some programs simply won't sponsor a visa, so don't bother with those.

Otherwise, for you, there's no harm in applying (other than to your wallet), especially if you have a backup plan to do radiology in another country.

Good luck!
thank you kind men.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys, I know this is a very old thread, but I just wanted to ask, if you were able to match at your top choice?
Thanks in advance