2016-2017 APPIC Internship Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't heard from Miami VA either for the neuro track.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone had any lucky rescheduling their interview with Advocate Illinois Masonic medical center? I've sent multiple emails and called ones and haven't heard back :/

Has anyone received a rejection email from UC Riverside? I def did not get an acceptance letter (unless it went to my junk mail?) but no rejection and its been over a week since they sent out invites according to this forum! let me know, thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also waiting to hear from Nicklaus and applied to the neuropsych track. Anyone know if these went out the same day as the peds health invites?
I received an invite to the Nicklaus neuropsych track yesterday afternoon at 12:26PM EST. I believe it was a mass email, because I know of two others who also got neuropsych invites around the same time. I'm sorry. :(

Has anyone gotten an invite for California Pacific Medical Center Adult Outpatient? I've only heard of rejections and I'm still waiting to hear from them...

Has anyone received a rejection email from UC Riverside? I def did not get an acceptance letter (unless it went to my junk mail?) but no rejection and its been over a week since they sent out invites according to this forum! let me know, thanks!

I got invited for a telephone interview on December 9th.

I received an invite to the Nicklaus neuropsych track yesterday afternoon at 12:26PM EST. I believe it was a mass email, because I know of two others who also got neuropsych invites around the same time. I'm sorry. :(
no that is really helpful i need to start booking flights and they were taking a long time to do rejections!

Hey...Miami VA notification date has past. I see people have received invitations for interviews, but I have heard nothing. Anyone else in the same boat?
Yeah I'm still waiting to hear back from Howard

Has anyone emailed a site to inquire about their status? If so, what did you say to them?

Has anyone emailed a site to inquire about their status? If so, what did you say to them?
I just did for the first time. I kept it really simple: "I applied to your internship program and am wondering about the status of my application. Any information is greatly appreciated." I don't know if that is the correct way to do it or not?

Reactions: 1 users
I just did for the first time. I kept it really simple: "I applied to your internship program and am wondering about the status of my application. Any information is greatly appreciated." I don't know if that is the correct way to do it or not?
Sounds good to me!!

Is this it? Does this thread die now!? I feel like there needs to be some sort of closure after all the emotional investment in clicking refresh every hour of every day for the past month! Group hug??? :highfive:

Reactions: 8 users
Some of us are still waiting for notifications…

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a site that's sent a mass rejection and invites. I'm debating whether to email them, or like Schrodinger's cat, leave it alone, so that the possibility of an invite still exists! :shy:

I have a site that's sent a mass rejection and invites. I'm debating whether to email them, or like Schrodinger's cat, leave it alone, so that the possibility of an invite still exists! :shy:
I emailed and turns out they tried calling me but my phone was busy and I have an interview!

Reactions: 2 users
I emailed and turns out they tried calling me but my phone was busy and I have an interview!
Oh dear. Thanks for letting me know! I guess I'll just bite the bullet and contact them. Congrats on your interview! :clap:

University of Tennessee
Professional Psychology Internship Consortium
St. Jude's Pediatric Track
Invite to Interview (Phone Call)
12/16/2016
Dates offerred: Jan 9, 12, 17, & 24
What date are you interviewing? I have an interview for the 9th but was trying to find someone to switch with for either the 17th or 24th...

Is this it? Does this thread die now!? I feel like there needs to be some sort of closure after all the emotional investment in clicking refresh every hour of every day for the past month! Group hug??? :highfive:
Why not stick around to chat about interviews and fret about ranking and match day? It'll be rad to see everyone match.

Reactions: 5 users
Thanks for being the first one to bite the bullet! I just emailed 2 programs....I guess if they're annoyed I emailed I don't wanna be at that site anyway right?

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for being the first one to bite the bullet! I just emailed 2 programs....I guess if they're annoyed I emailed I don't wanna be at that site anyway right?
Exactly!

I received my interview invite on 12/09.

I'm still waiting to hear from the University of Illinois at Chicago-Psychiatry--anyone on the same boat ?

Has anyone had luck contacting the VA Hudson Valley healthcare system to schedule an interview date?

Has anyone had luck contacting the VA Hudson Valley healthcare system to schedule an interview date?
Was about to ask the same...been trying since Friday and no luck :(

Was about to ask the same...been trying since Friday and no luck :(

I left a message but I kept dropping the call before I finally got through. So I'm wondering if she got it. Maybe she's waiting to get all the messages before she confirms? I'm thinking of emailing today or calling again. I have another site that wants to interview me on one of the two dates they offered but I want to make sure I schedule this one first! Let me know if you have any luck.

I left a message but I kept dropping the call before I finally got through. So I'm wondering if she got it. Maybe she's waiting to get all the messages before she confirms? I'm thinking of emailing today or calling again. I have another site that wants to interview me on one of the two dates they offered but I want to make sure I schedule this one first! Let me know if you have any luck.
I also left a voicemail and email just in case. Someone answered the phone on the alternate extension and mentioned that she would be contacting us between Friday and today...I hope that this is the case. Will let you know if I have any luck

For those waiting to hear from Miami VA: Since I hadn't heard back from the Neuro Track, I emailed to find out the status and received an automated vacation email that the director will be out until the 23rd. So I called and spoke to the assistant and explained it was past the deadline and I am trying to finalize my plans.. She apparently then called the director and then notified me that she would give me a call on the 23rd. I have to say I was disappointed at the level of unprofessionalism here.

I am currently scheduled to interview at Hennepin County Medical Center for the Child Track on Friday, Jan 13th. Does anyone want to switch for Monday, Jan 9th? It would save me a flight and get me another day home with baby! Thanks!!

Site name & Match ID number: Hennepin County Medical Center
-Track (if applicable): Child
-Invite or rejection: Invite
-Date notified: 11-21-2016
-How notified (mass email, personal email, phone): email
-Interview date: January 9 or January 13
-What you've done lately to cope with this crazy internship process: n/a
Hey there! Any chance you're currently scheduled to interview on Monday, Jan 9th and would like to switch to Friday, Jan 13th?

I know Alexian Brothers sent out their invites for neuropsychology and pediatric neuropsychology weeks ago..... however their actual notification date is the 31st..... Would it be okay to email them to check the status as that is late and I know they are currently interviewing?

Anybody heard rejections from
University of Kansas Medical Center APPIC 1954
University of Illinois at Chicago APPIC # 1265 - child track
???????????????????????????

Last edited:
Anybody heard rejections from
University of Kansas Medical Center APPIC 1954
University of Illinois at Chicago APPIC # 1265
???????????????????????????

I was rejected from UIC - adult track on 12/1/16 via mass email.

Has anyone else been in the position of waiting for confirmation of an interview date, where one of the options is less than a week away (as in, 12/22)? This particular site does not appear to have any administrators, so any follow up will require contacting the TD directly :-/.

Anyone heard from SUNY Upstate Medical Center? Saw invites went out in late November, but haven't seen any rejections come through.

Has anyone gotten an invite for California Pacific Medical Center Adult Outpatient? I've only heard of rejections and I'm still waiting to hear from them...

Yes, I got an email from them on 11/23 inviting me for an interview.

For those waiting to hear from Miami VA: Since I hadn't heard back from the Neuro Track, I emailed to find out the status and received an automated vacation email that the director will be out until the 23rd. So I called and spoke to the assistant and explained it was past the deadline and I am trying to finalize my plans.. She apparently then called the director and then notified me that she would give me a call on the 23rd. I have to say I was disappointed at the level of unprofessionalism here.

I have done the same...very disappointing and strange that there would be no communication of this with the many student awaiting a response!!! Ugh...well, until Friday then.

Shout out to those of us still waiting on sites (in my case, two more with notification dates in January :dead:)

Thanks for sharing. I'm still waiting on this too, so you saved me an email. It's frustrating, though, because I have another interview in Miami the same week so I could potentially kill two birds with one stone, but I don't want to make any flight reservations until I hear from the Miami VA :/

Ok please let me know what they say.
They emailed and said they sent out notification before Thanksgiving and a "glitch" kept emails from going through...they very nicely rejected me :)
It was honestly really polite and nice personal email

California Pacific Medical Center
Email
Rejection
12/19
1154pm pacific

This hurt...

So. Rankings. How are people planning on making those decisions? I've got some very different sites to rank against one another, and it's no help. My clinical/research supervisors all have their own agendas and prejudices. I'm honestly hoping to dislike some sites so I can figure things out a little better -- which is dumb. Any thoughts from you all (or from those of you lurking who had to do this in the past)?

So. Rankings. How are people planning on making those decisions? I've got some very different sites to rank against one another, and it's no help. My clinical/research supervisors all have their own agendas and prejudices. I'm honestly hoping to dislike some sites so I can figure things out a little better -- which is dumb. Any thoughts from you all (or from those of you lurking who had to do this in the past)?

Depends on your career goals. I ranked based on what I believed would give me the strongest training and most flexibility for postdoc, and subsequently, career options.

Reactions: 2 users