Army 2014 AMEDD HPSP Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

n3v3rn0

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was told that I was selected by the board and my recruiter was scheduling to commission me over a month ago. Since then I have been told each week that my paperwork is still waiting on the final "rubber-stamp" signature from the Secretary of the Army.

I know government agencies take a long time to get simple things done and it was the holidays, however I am concerned with rumors of initial sign-on bonuses not being offered anymore for other specialties. Could I sit in some pile while they change the number of slots? Is this going to effect my ability to get in to BOLC before classes start? Should I start an application with another branch?

I am just worried and wonder if anyone can share their board to commission time and if this is at all abnormal.

Members don't see this ad.

It is a hurry up and wait scenario. Relax a bit. Also, going to BOLC before you start is not the norm. Most people, (save for USUHS) go between M1-M2. You can request early entry but I don't think you'll be high priority if space is limited. This could have secondary benefits. For example, my army HPSP classmates and I all went to BOLC together. It was helpful to have a few other guys who were navigating the same course at the same time throughout med school.

Thanks for your thoughts. The recruiters seemed eager to get me signed a few days after the boards but this ongoing delay made me worry something went wrong.

Last edited: