2014-2015 ERAS Pathology RESULTS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dox_in_sox

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm an M4 applying in pathology. After that *lovely* ERAS fiasco yesterday, my apps are finally in.
I'd love to hear updates about interview invitations/rejections from the rest of you who are applying. Here's my starting info:
M4 at a US MD school, member of AOA
USMLE Step 1: 242
USMLE Step 2 CK/CS: haven't taken yet
Other degree(s): MPH

Programs applied to: Hopkins, UMich, WashU, Emory, Vandy, Duke, UVA, UNC, Stanford, and Washington.

Good luck everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thanks, Steven! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice stats dox_in_sox.

MS4 at a US MD school
USMLE step 1: 228
USMLE step 2: pending

Programs applied to: Emory, Florida, LSU, Mississippi, South Alabama, Tennessee, Tulane, UAB, UTSW, Vanderbilt

Reactions: 1 user
Cha-ching! Hope to see you at your interview, Autopsia. You will recognize me by my long black hair. :)

Hello all, this is my first post but I've been reading these forums to reduce (but sometimes increase) my anxiety about the application.

I'm an IMG graduated within the past 3 years, ECFMG certified, good USMLE scores, applied to 61 programs.

MS4 @ US MD School
USMLE Step 1: 238
USMLE Step 2 CK & CS: Not taken just yet
Other degrees: MS

Programs applied to: U of Alabama, Cedars-Sinai, Stanford, UCLA, Penrose, GWU, Emory, UChicago, LSU, BI, BWH, Hopkins, UMich, Mayo, WashU, Duke, UNC, UPMC, Penn, Vanderbilt, Baylor-Dallas, BCM, Methodist-Houston, A&M, UT-Houston, UTMB, UTHSC-SA, UTSW, UVA, UWash

So like, I might have gone overboard last night. Oops.

MS4 @ US MD School
USMLE Step 1: 238
USMLE Step 2 CK & CS: Not taken just yet
Other degrees: MS

Programs applied to: U of Alabama, Cedars-Sinai, Stanford, UCLA, Penrose, GWU, Emory, UChicago, LSU, BI, BWH, Hopkins, UMich, Mayo, WashU, Duke, UNC, UPMC, Penn, Vanderbilt, Baylor-Dallas, BCM, Methodist-Houston, A&M, UT-Houston, UTMB, UTHSC-SA, UTSW, UVA, UWash

So like, I might have gone overboard last night. Oops.

It seems like you are missing BU on this list.

Update: Got interviews at UVA and Vandy!

Nice! Just got one from UVA, too.

Cha-ching! Hope to see you at your interview, Autopsia. You will recognize me by my long black hair. :)
BlondeDocteur???

And congratulations, and good luck to everyone applying this year. :)

Update:
Interviews at:
UVA
Michigan
UNC
Vanderbilt

Still waiting:
Hopkins
WashU
Duke
Stanford
Washington
Emory

Getting excited for interview season!

Last edited:
I have an interview at Tulane.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, everyone!
I'm excited for IV season too! I'm a brazilian doctor graduated for 2 years (mandatory military service until february) ECFMG certified (step 1: 252 step 2ck 260)
applied to all programs above mentioned and a few others, but still no response.
I guess by being IMG's we're supposed to be a little more patient, and that's fine!
but let me know how it all works out for everyone. Especially all IMG's, let's help each other out...
good luck and hopefully see you all soon!

Good luck, Levim1 - amazing scores!

Hi, everyone!
I'm excited for IV season too! I'm a brazilian doctor graduated for 2 years (mandatory military service until february) ECFMG certified (step 1: 252 step 2ck 260)
applied to all programs above mentioned and a few others, but still no response.
I guess by being IMG's we're supposed to be a little more patient, and that's fine!
but let me know how it all works out for everyone. Especially all IMG's, let's help each other out...
good luck and hopefully see you all soon!

So far no responses as well, anxiously awaiting. Good luck to everyone!

Thank you for starting this thread! It will be nice to see which schools have yet to send out interview invites.

US medical grad. step 1 249/step 2 263/CS awaiting results. Interviews so far to: Uwash, UNC, Utah

Congrats and welcome @pathrocks44! It makes me really happy to see that this thread is the first post for a handful of you... maybe you were like me, perusing SDN without posting for years until now. :)

I heard from UWash today as well (interview!).

Hey guys,

MS4 at US medical school here.
USMLE Step 1: 240's
USMLE Step 2 CK/CS: haven't taken yet
Other degree(s): PhD

Programs applied to: Hopkins, Penn, MGH, Brigham, Columbia, Yale, WashU, Baylor, UWash, Stanford, UCSF

Interviews so far: Penn, Brigham, UWash

Hi all, first time post for me, but I have perused SDN for several years now as well.

I'm planning to post my scores and list tomorrow (hopefully I'll be getting Step 2 CK score tomorrow and hearing about AOA status).

Looking forward to see where all of us interview and congrats to all on your invites so far!

To follow-up my post last night:

I'm a MS4 at a US medical school.
USMLE Step 1: 262
USMLE Step 2 CK/CS: 259/taking CS in October
Accepted into AOA last night.
No other degrees and no research/publications.

I've sent applications to (in no particular order): UAB, Univ. of Florida at Jacksonville, Univ. of Florida Gainesville, Univ. of South Florida Morsani, Emory, Medical College of Georgia, Duke, UNC, East Carolina, Wake Forest, MUSC, East Tennessee State Univ, Univ. of Tennessee, and Vanderbilt.

Interviews so far: UNC

To follow-up my post last night:

I'm a MS4 at a US medical school.
USMLE Step 1: 262
USMLE Step 2 CK/CS: 259/taking CS in October
Accepted into AOA last night.
No other degrees and no research/publications.

I've sent applications to (in no particular order): UAB, Univ. of Florida at Jacksonville, Univ. of Florida Gainesville, Univ. of South Florida Morsani, Emory, Medical College of Georgia, Duke, UNC, East Carolina, Wake Forest, MUSC, East Tennessee State Univ, Univ. of Tennessee, and Vanderbilt.

Interviews so far: UNC

Awesome scores! Seems like you're only applying to Southern programs. I'd wish you good luck, but I doubt you need any ;)

I went a little nuts on applications also--17 programs total, mainly in the New England area, NYC, Boston.

US Allopathic MD student, little research, military background with no remaining commitment
Step 1- 227
Step 2- 259
CS- taken, but results not back yet

Invites- so far scheduled for an interview at North Shore Hofstra. No word from anyone else yet.

Nice to meet everyone.

Awesome scores! Seems like you're only applying to Southern programs. I'd wish you good luck, but I doubt you need any ;)
Thanks, tthep, I'm sure you are competitive as well and best of luck on the interview trail over the next few months.

Programs applied to: Emory, Florida, LSU, Mississippi, South Alabama, Tennessee, Tulane, UAB, UTSW, Vanderbilt

Interviews: Tulane, Tennessee

I just filled mine out 2 days ago, so no news on my end either, but not surprising.

So far...

Interviews: UVA (received 9/18), A&M (9/25), Emory (9/26), Baylor-Dallas (9/26)

Interviews: Tulane, Tennessee, Mississippi

A couple more.

Interviews: UVA (received 9/18), A&M (9/25), Emory (9/26), Baylor-Dallas (9/26), Methodist-Houston (9/29), WashU (9/29)

Interviews: Tulane, Tennessee, Mississippi, South Alabama

Interviews: UVA (received 9/18), A&M (9/25), Emory (9/26), Baylor-Dallas (9/26), Methodist-Houston (9/29), WashU (9/29), BI (9/30)

Looks like the tempo is picking up.

Expect to see a lot of MCG students on the interview trail this year.

Congrats on all the interviews, guys! And @Overhauser - lots of pathologists-to-be in the class?
Interviews: Stanford, Duke, UNC, UVA, Michigan, Vanderbilt, WashU, UWash.
Still waiting: Emory, Hopkins.

Hi folks
I need urgent advice
I am an IMG with step 1 only (238), old IMG graduation year2004, completed pathology residency outside US and a one year fellowship, i have a first author publication in archives of pathology and laboratory medicine, i an now in US, got a green card... Can I still apply now for interviews and catch 2015 match? Your input is highly appreciated

Congrats on all the interviews, guys! And @Overhauser - lots of pathologists-to-be in the class?
Interviews: Stanford, Duke, UNC, UVA, Michigan, Vanderbilt, WashU, UWash.
Still waiting: Emory, Hopkins.

hey dox, did you get e-mail delivery error on stanford's end?

edit: nevermind! all sorted out :)

Last edited:

Interviews: Tulane, Tennessee, Mississippi, South Alabama, UAB

Especially For IMG's:
Got interviews in Cleveland Clinic, University of Kansas, Tennessee and Baylor (houston)

Nobody applied to cleveland? guess I can understand... City and all... I do want to know about Texas A&M though. Is that a good place?

Interviews: Tulane, Tennessee, Mississippi, South Alabama, UAB, Emory, LSU

Last edited:
Interviews: UVA (received 9/18), A&M (9/25), Emory (9/26), Baylor-Dallas (9/26), Methodist-Houston (9/29), WashU (9/29), BI (9/30), LSU (10/6), UAB (10/6)

Latest update since the Dean's letter released. I now have 7 interviews, all New England and NYC area. Looking forward to going on the interview trail. Anyone else coming to the northeast?