2013 Match Lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This yr Radiology had 65 unmatched spots and Anesthesia had 62. Those two had the highest absolute number of unfilled categorical spots after family medicine (123).

I'm not familiar with the trends but it seems that applicants may be flocking away from these highly volatile fields with uncertain futures but the PDs didn't see it coming.

if there are a lot of prelim surgery matches without an advanced position then those are dead-end spots you pick up in SOAP out of desperation. it's bad.

My school has 35 matches in preliminary Surgery or Preliminary medicine out of 160 isn't that a little too extreme?

Members don't see this ad.

My school has 35 matches in preliminary Surgery or Preliminary medicine out of 160 isn't that a little too extreme?

But how many of those also have advanced positions in ophtho, rads, derm, etc?

hmm this is strange, not sure when this info is from. post-SOAP maybe? I'm looking at the NRMP report entitled "Regional Statistics by Specialty" that was posted on the match website when SOAP began and only available to people registered for the match. can't link to or reproduce the data though...."Reproduction is prohibited without the written consent of the NRMP" ....just gotta take my word for it, sorry. it can easily be confirmed by anyone else who was registered for the match though.

I believe my link lists the pre-SOAP filled/unfilled for 2013. On table 7 it lists 979 rads spots offered and 928 filled = 51 open. I'm sure those all filled during SOAP.

I just logged onto NRMP. What they have up now is a list that updates every day with openings that have yet to be filled. Are you referring to that?

Last edited:

that's almost certainly a complete misinterpretation of the match list. everyone doing anesthesia, radiology, rad/onc, possibly urology, possibly neurology, and some others have to do a prelim or transitional year. what you're looking for are prelim matches without an advanced position and the only way to tell is by having a list with names so you can link the prelims to their advanced position. some people post the lists without the prelim spots that are associated with an advanced position (no double dipping). that makes for a much more interpretable list

Members don't see this ad :)

I believe my link lists the pre-SOAP filled/unfilled for 2013.

I just logged onto NRMP. What they have up now is a list that updates every day with openings that have yet to be filled. Are you referring to that?

that's almost certainly a complete misinterpretation of the match list. everyone doing anesthesia, radiology, rad/onc, possibly urology, possibly neurology, and some others have to do a prelim or transitional year. what you're looking for are prelim matches without an advanced position and the only way to tell is by having a list with names so you can link the prelims to their advanced position. some people post the lists without the prelim spots that are associated with an advanced position (no double dipping). that makes for a much more interpretable list

13 out of the 35 don't have advanced placement and the rest 22 do.

well the ones that have an advanced position definitely don't count. are you sure about the rest?! is this a US MD school?!

Yup it's a US MD and 13 out of the 160 just says pre-liminary with no advanced placement lol isn't that kind of scary!?

Prior year they had 176 students match and only 6 with no advanced placement preliminary which doesn't sound too bad lol wth happened this year.

Last edited:
Having lots of prelim surgery matches means:

1. Lots of people who matched into advanced residency positions for derm, rads, ophtho, anesthesia, etc., chose to do a year of surgery instead of a medicine year or transitional year. That could mean the school has someone or someones influencing people into surgery positions or that the school has lots of crazy people who think surgery is a chill way to spend a year of their lives.

2. Lots of people who decide to not pursue a residency wanted to do an intern year for whatever reason, either to see if they actually want to continue down the training route, or to be able to apply for a medical license even though they are going into, say, consulting at McKinsey or a lifelong career in research at the NIH or in big pharma.

3. Lots of people did not match into either a categorical or advanced position in their (more likely than not) surgical subspecialty field of choice.

4. A combination of the above three.

Thank you!!

This yr Radiology had 65 unmatched spots and Anesthesia had 62. Those two had the highest absolute number of unfilled categorical spots after family medicine (123).

I'm not familiar with the trends but it seems that applicants may be flocking away from these highly volatile fields with uncertain futures but the PDs didn't see it coming.

I'm not sure why but the number of anesthesia spots offered in the match increased by 117 (I think that's the number I remember) this past match cycle.

Click on "My Reports" on the bottom left of the sidebar then go to the regional stats.

Yup it's a US MD and 13 out of the 160 just says pre-liminary with no advanced placement lol isn't that kind of scary!?

Prior year they had 176 students match and only 6 with no advanced placement preliminary which doesn't sound too bad lol wth happened this year.

Fields are competitive. This kind of thing happens often. Last year we went 15/16 into ortho and this year we went 9/15 for ortho. Sucks. One dude had 16 interviews and didn't match. It's just how it happens sometimes.

:(

There's something to be said about "not car

Fields are competitive. This kind of thing happens often. Last year we went 15/16 into ortho and this year we went 9/15 for ortho. Sucks. One dude had 16 interviews and didn't match. It's just how it happens sometimes.

:(

There's something to be said about "not caring where I end up, as long as I match!"

Jeebus. What schools are these that have such high rates of non-matching into programs? My school is not even close to 'top tier' and we still don't have half not matching into ortho....

Jeebus. What schools are these that have such high rates of non-matching into programs? My school is not even close to 'top tier' and we still don't have half not matching into ortho....

Idk man but there was a huge number of people that didn't match across the board this year. I mean a really unprecedented number without spots after SOAP. It's only going to get worse. I foresee some kind of meddling by the powers that be as part of this AOA/ACGME merger (whether it happens or not).

Members don't see this ad :)
Idk man but there was a huge number of people that didn't match across the board this year. I mean a really unprecedented number without spots after SOAP. It's only going to get worse. I foresee some kind of meddling by the powers that be as part of this AOA/ACGME merger (whether it happens or not).

From all the data I've seen this year the number that did not match is basically the same as the 2009 and 2010 numbers. If you go by percent not matched the numbers are actually better this year than those years. How exactly is this predicting some negative future trend?

From all the data I've seen this year the number that did not match is basically the same as the 2009 and 2010 numbers. If you go by percent not matched the numbers are actually better this year than those years. How exactly is this predicting some negative future trend?

Yeah I think people are just b*tching about it more this year because there was a remarkably low number of people unmatched last year. Everyone saw the numbers from last year and was like "oh yeah I'll match no problem".

Yeah I think people are just b*tching about it more this year because there was a remarkably low number of people unmatched last year. Everyone saw the numbers from last year and was like "oh yeah I'll match no problem".

I think this happens at the individual school level, too. When a school has a strong match, the juniors think "damn, our school is awesome. Maybe I'll go ahead and apply to ortho/derm/ent/etc with my 225 step 1 since we match so well from here." Then, those juniors eventually get around to match day and find out that last years class was just full of bad asses and they have overestimated the competitiveness of their own apps.

I believe my link lists the pre-SOAP filled/unfilled for 2013. On table 7 it lists 979 rads spots offered and 928 filled = 51 open. I'm sure those all filled during SOAP.

Those are the numbers for the advanced positions. If you scroll up to the PGY-1 positions, you will see there are also 164 categorical positions for Radiology, of which 14 were not filled. 51+14 = 65 unmatched spots in radiology this year.

If you are saying there were spots available to SOAP into rads, then fine, you are correct. If you are saying there were spots available to SOAP specifically into U of Wisconsin's rads program as your earlier post suggests, then no. That program filled in the match. There were a fair number of other programs that did not fill in the match. That is what I'm trying to say.

Those are the numbers for the advanced positions. If you scroll up to the PGY-1 positions, you will see there are also 164 categorical positions for Radiology, of which 14 were not filled. 51+14 = 65 unmatched spots in radiology this year.

Got it. Coming from the ophtho world, I had figured all rads programs were advanced, so I didn't check. Makes sense.

There were a total of 65 Radiology positions unmatched (and 62 Anesthesia). Some of them were PGY1, some were PGY2, so you gotta add them together.

Radiology actually had the lowest % fill rate of any specialty except Child Neurology.

PGY1+2 Total Open Fill Rate
Pediatrics-Primary Care 83 0 100.00%
Thoracic Surgery 26 0 100.00%
Vascular Surgery 46 0 100.00%
Orthopedic Surgery 693 1 99.86%
Emergency Medicine 1744 3 99.83%
PMR 397 1 99.75%
Pediatrics 2616 10 99.62%
Surgery (Categorical) 1185 5 99.58%
Neurosurgery 204 1 99.51%
Internal Medicine 6277 35 99.44%
Otolaryngology 292 2 99.32%
Plastic Surgery 127 1 99.21%
Medicine-Pediatrics 366 3 99.18%
Ob/Gyn 1259 11 99.13%
Medicine-Primary 335 4 98.81%
Dermatology 407 8 98.03%
Psychiatry 1362 30 97.80%
Transitional 937 29 96.91%
Pathology 583 21 96.40%
Anesthesia 1653 62 96.25%
Radiation Oncology 183 7 96.17%
Neurology 692 27 96.10%
Medicine-Prelim 1883 74 96.07%
Family medicine 3037 123 95.95%
Radiology 1143 65 94.31%
Pediatrics-Prelim 44 7 84.09%
Child Neurology 160 32 80.00%
Surgery (Prelim) 1278 459 64.08%

Just a reminder: People that ranked pre-lim spots below their PGY-2 positions (like rads/ophtho/derm/etc.) but then didn't match into their PGY-2 field, may have a surgery/IM prelim that they matched into and thus would possibly count as having successfully matched, I think.

Now that I type it out I'm not as confident as to whether that is true or not.

We had 9 people match into prelim years only. One of the names I recognize as a derm applicant who got into a prelim in CA, but apparently didn't snag a derm spot. The applicant had solid stuff though, so I would be surprised if she scrambled rather than matched into the prelim year.

Surprisingly at my school, Ortho (7/11[apparently was more like 12]) and Urology (2/5) were the only fields that really f-ed with us. People had some really odd backups as well. Ortho back-ups included Ob/GYN, Fam Med, IM and surgery (obviously). I couldn't imagine wanting to do ortho then settling on ob/gyn or IM. Fam Med --> Sports medicine, sure maybe.

Check the SOAP data that just came out. 2x the number unmatched after SOAP as last year. Yes double. It's a trend.

Check the SOAP data that just came out. 2x the number unmatched after SOAP as last year. Yes double. It's a trend.

As has been pointed out multiple times before, last year is the anomaly not this year. Just as 2012 didn't indicate a trend of the match getting easier, the 2013 results don't show it's getting harder. This is like talking to those crazies that were convinced the world would end in Dec 2012. There was no reasoning with them until they woke up the day after and realized it was all in their imagination.

Match Results – Class of 2013
Abd-Elfattah, Rhanda VCU-Fairfax Family Med Res-VA Family Medicine
Aggarwal, Atishi Christana Care-DE Internal Medicine
Ahmad, Zubia Johns Hopkins/Sinai-MD Medicine-Preliminary
University of Virginia-VA Anesthesiology
Alexander, Andrew Tufts Medical Center-MA Pathology
Amoakohene, Samuel Pinnacle Health Hosps-PA Medicine-Preliminary
UMDNJ-R W Johnson-Piscataway-NJ Anesthesiology
Anderson, Dustin Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Emergency Medicine
Beaver, Charissa Naval Medical Center, Portsmouth, VA Transitional
Bennett, Richard Keesler Air Force Base, Biloxi, MS Medicine-Preliminary
Bhatt, Maunil Boston Univ Med Ctr-MA General Surgery
Bishow, Allison VCU-Fairfax Family Med Res-VA Family Medicine
Bista, Madalasa University of Virginia-VA Family Medicine
Boston, Samuel U Oklahoma COM-Tulsa-OK Pediatrics
Brgoch, Morgan Hershey Med Ctr/Penn State-PA Plastic Surgery integrated
Browning, Jeffrey UPMC Medical Education-PA Surgery-Preliminary
Univ of Pittsburgh Med Ctr-PA Urology
Byrd, Jennifer Allegheny Gen Hosp-PA Orthopaedic Surgery
Byrd, William Duke Univ Med Ctr-NC Orthopaedic Surgery
Cafuir, Lorraine Emory Univ SOM-GA Internal Medicine
Carter, Adam U Texas Southwestern Med Sch-Dallas-TX Med-Prelim/Austin
Caulkins, Sarah Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Surg-Prelim/Urology
Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Urology
Chadwick, Keith Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Surgery-Preliminary
Chae, Heekyung Harbor-UCLA Med Ctr-CA Pediatrics
Chang, Andrew West Virginia University SOM-WV Fam Med/Harpers Ferry
Chau, Vinh Medical University of SC-SC Internal Medicine
Chelliah, Sanda Georgetown Univ Hosp-DC Pediatrics
Christiansen, Joshua Providence Sacred Heart Med Ctr-WA Transitional
Virginia Mason Med Ctr-WA Anesthesiology
Chu, Kevin Harbor Hospital Ctr-MD Transitional
U Texas Med Sch-Houston-TX Anesthesiology
Chun, Kimberly Kaiser Permante-Santa Clara-CA Medicine-Preliminary
Church, Dane Univ of MO-KC Programs-MO Orthopaedic Surgery
Conley, Caitlin U Kentucky Med Ctr-KY Emergency Medicine
Craven, Brittany Eastern VA Med School-VA Intenal Med/Geriatrics
Damle, Neha Kaiser Permanente-Oakland-CA Internal Medicine
Daniels, Jessica Carolinas Med Ctr-NC Pediatrics
Dao, Christine Harbor-UCLA Med Ctr-CA Family Medicine
De La Merced, Joseph Kaiser Permanente-Los Angeles-CA Internal Medicine
de Souza, Katherine Emory Univ SOM-GA Obstetrics-Gynecology
DeHart, Austin Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Otolaryngology
Diaz, Elizabeth Carolinas Med Ctr-NC Pediatrics
Dieckman, Elizabeth Yale-New Haven Hosp-CT Pediatrics
DiFranco, Danielle Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Emergency Medicine
Down, Carrie NYP Hosp-Weill Cornell Med Ctr-NY Internal Medicine
Dryden, Wendy Sutter Med Ctr of Santa Rosa-CA Family Medicine
Dunston, Emily U North Carolina Hospitals-NC Pediatrics-Primary Care
Edwards, Christopher University Hosp-Cincinnati-OH Anesthesiology
Eliason, Anne Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Phys Medicine & Rehab
Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Med-Prelim/PM&R
Epstein, Jeremy Georgetown Univ Hosp-DC Anesthesiology
U Maryland-Mercy Med Ctr-MD Medicine-Preliminary
Ernest, Philip Exempla St Joseph Hosp-CO General Surgery
Evans, Kelly U North Carolina Hospitals-NC Family Medicine
Faith, Samuel UPMC Mercy Hospital-PA Transitional
George Washington Univ-DC Ophthalmology
Fakhrai, Maryam White Mem Med Ctr-LA-CA Obstetrics-Gynecology
Finnerty, Nathan Ohio State University Med Ctr-OH Emergency Medicine
Fitzmartin, Kevin Yale-New Haven Hospital-CT Anesthesiology
Fletcher, Adam Mayo School of Grad Med Educ-MN Family Medicine
Fong, Todd Santa Clara Valley Med Ctr-CA Internal Medicine
Fraser, Bevon Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Internal Medicine
Garcia, Dana California Hosp Med Ctr-CA Family Medicine
Ge, Guannan Greenwich Hospital-CT Medicine-Preliminary
Boston Univ Med Ctr-MA Neurology
Gendell, Jason George Washington Univ-DC Internal Medicine
Glezos, Christopher Einstein/Montefiore Med Ctr-NY Orthopaedic Surgery
Gontasz, Michelle Johns Hopkins Hosp-MD Pediatrics
Goth, Katherine Albert Einstein Med Ctr-PA Obstetrics-Gynecology
Graboyes, Benjamin Carolinas Med Ctr-NC Emergency Medicine
Grauel, Emily U Louisville SOM-KY Dermatology
U Louisville SOM-KY Medicine-Preliminary
Greenwood, Anna Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Orthopaedic Surgery
Greer, John Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Neurological Surgery
Hall, Joseph University of Virginia-VA Internal Medicine
Haywood, Edmund Texas A&M-Scott & White-TX Otolaryngology
Healey, Tiffany Texas A&M-Scott & White-TX Emergency Medicine
Hekimian, Avetis Kaiser Permanente-Los Angeles-CA Internal Medicine
Hempel, Amy Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Obstetrics-Gynecology
Hermann, Matthew Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Medicine-Preliminary
U Michigan Hosps-Ann Arbor-MI Radiology-Diagnostic
Hermann, Michael Vanderbilt Univ Med Ctr-TN Surgery-Preliminary
Hill, Lori U Arizona COM at South Campus-AZ Family Medicine
Hoover, Lori Chippenham Med Ctr-VA Family Medicine
Hsu, Kai-Ling Emory Univ SOM-GA Transitional
Emory Univ SOM-GA Anesthesiology
Hubbard, Richard UPMC Medical Education-PA Transitional
UPMC Medical Education-PA Anesthesiology
Irby, Kyle Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Emergency Medicine
Jaeger, Kayla Tripler Army Med Ctr-Honolulu, HI Pediatrics
Jahanshahi, Pooya Riverside Regional Med Ctr-VA Transitional
Rhode Island Hosp/Brown Univ-RI Dermatology
Jessee, David Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Internal Medicine
Jessick, Veronica Providence Sacred Heart Med Ctr-WA Family Medicine
Kabaria, Simy Boston Univ Med Ctr-MA Medicine-Preliminary
Boston Univ Med Ctr-MA Neurology
Kang, Min UC Irving Med Ctr-CA Medicine-Preliminary
Tufts Medical Center-MA Neurology
Kang, Mohleen UMDNJ-New Jersey Med-Newark-NJ Internal Medicine
Kazior, Michael U North Carolina Hospitals-NC Anesthesiology
Kelberg, Matthew Carilion Clinic-Virginia Tech Carilion SOM-VA Medicine-Preliminary
Khokar, Amna Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA General Surgery
Kidd, Jeremy NYP Hosp-Columbia Univ Med Ctr-NY Psychiatry
Kikhia, Rashid Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Surgery-Preliminary
Kim, Albert Case Western/Univ Hosps Case Med Ctr-OH Surgery-Preliminary
Kindley, Kyle University of Virginia-VA Emergency Medicine
Kirk, Matthew U Colorado SOM-Denver-CO Surgery-Preliminary
Knott, Daniel Wake Forest Baptist Med Ctr-NC Emergency Medicine
Kobulnicky, David Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Internal Medicine
Kohli, Harajeshwar Emory Univ SOM-GA Emergency Medicine
Kostopoulos, Tassia Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Medicine-Preliminary
Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Dermatology
Kowalczyk, David University Hosps-Jackson-MS Otolaryngology
Kray, Philip Ohio State University Med Ctr-OH Emergency Medicine
Le, Hanh Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Medicine-Pediatrics
Lee, Lydia U Michigan Hosps-Ann Arbor-MI Fam Med/Ypsilanti
Lee, Sumin Wake Forest Baptist Med Ctr-NC Radiology-Diagnostic
Wake Forest Baptist Med Ctr-NC Medicine-Preliminary
Liebrecht, Kristin Carilion Clinic-Virginia Tech Carilion SOM-VA Family Medicine
Maarouf, Rami Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Surgery-Preliminary
Madala, Sravanthi U Connecticut School of Medicine-CT Internal Medicine
Magar, Nishant George Washington Univ-DC Internal Medicine
Mallick, Nada Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Pediatrics
Mateer, Erin Washington Hospital Ctr-DC Obstetrics-Gynecology
Mayeda, Brian Harbor-UCLA Med Ctr-CA Orthopaedic Surgery
McKenzie, Patrick U Louisville SOM-KY Internal Medicine
Mehta, Atul Cleveland Clinic Fdn-OH Internal Medicine
Mehta, Christopher Northwestern McGaw/NMH/VA-IL Thoracic Surgery
Miller, Brandon West Virginia University SOM- WV Internal Medicine
Miller, John Johns Hopkins Hosp-MD Internal Medicine
Minor, Jordan Eastern VA Med School-VA Pediatrics
Mirza, Nadeem NYMC-Metropolitan Hosp-CTR-NY Medicine-Preliminary
Yale-New Haven Hosp-CT Anesthesiology
Modi, Parth Temple Univ Hosp-PA Neurology
Moore, Denee Bon Secours Health System-VA Family Med/St Francis
Morgan, Sarah Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Internal Medicine
Mostamand, Shikib Phoenix Childrens Hospital-AZ Pediatrics
Murray, Patrick Maine Medical Center Surgery-Prelim/Urology
Maine Med Ctr Urology-ME Urology
Ng, Charlene Chippenham Med Ctr-VA Family Medicine
Nguyen, Angela Johns Hopkins Hosp-MD Pediatrics
Nguyen-Cao, Aivi University of Virginia-VA Family Medicine
Osipov, Arsen Cedars-Sinai Medical Center-CA Internal Medicine
Pandit, Manasi U Maryland Med Ctr- MD Internal Medicine
Peeva, Sofia Kaiser Permanente-Los Angeles-CA Surgery-Preliminary
U Southern California-CA Anesthesiology
Petersen, William St Lukes-Roosevelt-NY Orthopaedic Surgery
Puzio, Thaddeus U North Carolina Hospitals-NC General Surgery
Rajput, Anuj Winthrop-Univ Hosp-NY Medicine-Preliminary
Stony Brook Teach Hosps-NY Radiology-Diagnostic
Ramsey, Mary Emory Univ SOM-GA Med-Prelim/Neurology
Emory Univ SOM-GA Neurology
Reese, James Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Surgery-Preliminary
Eastern VA Med School-VA Radiology-Diagnostic
Riyaz, Farhaad St Joseph Mercy-Ann Arbor-MI Transitional
Henry Ford HSC-MI Dermatology
Rohman, Timothy U North Carolina Hospitals-NC Anesthesiology
Rose, Robert Bon Secours Health System-VA Family Med/St Francis
Ross, Jeremy U Texas Med Sch-Houston-TX Internal Medicine
Rovner, Polina U Colorado SOM-Denver-CO Obstetrics-Gynecology
Ruiz, Melissa Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Internal Medicine
Sabeh, Karim Jackson Memorial Hosp-FL Orthopaedic Surgery
Saccoccio, Frances Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Pediatrics
Sanderson, Rebecca Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Orthopaedic Surgery
Sandhu, Amandeep Arrowhead Reg Med Ctr-CA Transitional
Loma Linda University-CA Dermatology
Schaefer, Corrie University of Virginia-VA Pediatrics
Schwab, Austin Intermountain Med Ctr-UT Transitional
Stanford Univ Progs-CA Anesthesiology
Schwartz, Daniel Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Medicine-Preliminary
Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Ophthalmology
Seedlock, Kyle Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Pediatrics
Shantharam, Rohini Stony Brook Teach Hosps-NY Medicine-Preliminary
Shervin, David SIU SOM & Affil Hosps-IL Orthopaedic Surgery
Shtridelman, Yuri Eastern VA Med School-VA Med-Prelim/PM&R
Eastern VA Med School-VA Phys Medicine & Rehab
Siegel, Andrew Albert Einstein Med Ctr-PA Transitional
UT Southwestern-Dallas-TX Ophthalmology
Smothers, Jamie MedStar Franklin Square Med Ctr-MD Medicine-Preliminary
University of Virginia-VA Anesthesiology
Spitzer, Gretel Lynchburg Fam Med Res-VA Family Medicine
Stewart, Whitney Childrens National Med Ctr-DC Pediatrics
Stoneburner, Charles Mayo School of Grad Med Educ-FL Radiology-Diagnostic
Straight, Celeste U Massachusetts Med School-MA Obstetrics-Gynecology
Sujlana, Parvinder Riverside Reg Med Ctr-VA Transitional
Johns Hopkins Hosp-MD Radiology-Diagnostic
Super, Eileen Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Surgery-Preliminary
Syed, Fatima Thomas Jefferson Univ-PA Internal Medicine
Taneja, Sonia George Washington Univ-DC Obstetrics-Gynecology
Teng, Alanna Washington Hospital Ctr-DC Internal Medicine
Teotonio, Jean Wake Forest Baptist Med Ctr-NC Intenal Medicine
Thacker, Gregory Carolinas Med Ctr-NC Emergency Medicine
Tillotson, Heather University of Virginia-VA Anesthesiology
Trace, Anthony U Maryland Med Ctr-MD Medicine-Preliminary
Tran, Hanh Union Memorial Hosp-MD General Surgery
Tsui, Britney U North Carolina Hospitals-NC Phys Medicine & Rehab
Turse, Sarah University of Virginia-VA Pediatrics
Vass, Audrey Lenox Hill Hospital-NY Medicine-Preliminary
NYP Hosp-Columbia Univ Med Ctr-NY Dermatology
Via, Jennifer Johns Hopkins Hosp-MD Pediatrics
Vu, Quang Wake Forest Baptist Med Ctr-NC Neurology
Vu, Zao Henry Ford HSC-MI Anesthesiology
Wade, Gregory Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Surgery-Preliminary
Wang, Andrew Riverside County Reg Med Ctr-CA Surgery-Preliminary
Wang, Elaine Harbor-UCLA Med Ctr-CA Pediatrics
Warner, Nathaniel Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Internal Medicine
Weber, William U Kentucky Med Ctr-KY General Surgery
Whiffin, Amy Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Emergency Medicine
Wilson, Jessie U North Carolina Hospitals-NC Pediatrics
Wong, Carmen Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Medicine-Preliminary
U Colorado SOM-Denver Phys Medicine & Rehab
Woodard, Alfloyd Christiana Care-DE Internal Medicine
Woodhouse, Monica University of Virginia-VA Pediatrics
Wright, Emily Steward Carney Hospital-MA Transitional
Tufts/New England Eye Ctr-MA Ophthalmology
Wright, Marissa Bon Secours Health System-VA Fam Med/Blackstone
Wright, Tara Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Medicine-Preliminary
Univ North Carolina – NC Ophthalmology
Yoder, Jonathan U Massachusetts Med School-MA Family Med/Fitchburg
Young, Matthew Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Medicine-Preliminary
Virginia Commonwealth U Hlth Sys-VA Ophthalmology
Zha, Beth U Washington Affil Hosps-WA Internal Medicine/Seattle
Zhao, Yi Duke Univ Med Ctr-NC Psychiatry

Loyola Stritch

Not motivated to write out all of the locations-- sorry.

Anesthesiology: 9
Child Neuro: 1
Derm: 1
Emergency Med: 14 (srs)
Family Med: 19
IM: 24
IM/ED: 1
Med/Peds: 5
Neuro: 1
Neurosurg: 2
OB/GYN: 10
Ophthalmology: 2
Ortho: 5
ENT: 7
Path: 1
Peds: 19
PMR: 3
Psych: 3
Rads: 2
Gen Surg: 9
Thoracic Surg: 1
Uro: 1

^7 ENT?! wow, that'll do Stritch. That'll do.

moral of the story.

go to the best medical school possible.

pedigree begets pedigree.

Medical College of Virginia (MCV/VCU) Class of 2013 match:-

Total students is 160 something
6 students in Dermatology;
6 students in Diagnostic Radiology;
10 students in Orthopedic Surgery;
3 students in Otolaryngology;
1 student in Plastic Surgery;
1 student into Thoracic Surgery;
1 student in Neurosurgery.
6 students matching in Ophthalmology,
6 students in General Surgery
12 student in Surgery- Preliminary

73 students matched into Primary Care specialties: 31 in categorical Internal Medicine, 21 in Family Medicine, and 21 in General Pediatrics. Eight students matched in Obstetrics and Gynecology;
17 students in Anesthesiology;
13 students in Emergency Medicine;
6 students in Neurology;
4 students in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation;
3 students in Urology, and 5 students in military programs.

Main ones:-

Dermatology:-
U Louisville SOM-KY Dermatology
Rhode Island Hosp/Brown Univ-RI Dermatology
VCU
HSC-MI
Loma-Linda
NYP Hospital Columbia University

Orthopedics:-
Gen Hospital-PA
Duke
Univ of MO
Einstein/Montefiore Med Center NY
VCU
UCLA
St. Lukes Roosvelt
Jackson Memorial FL
VCU
SIU SOM- IL

Otolaryngology:-
VCU
Texas A&M
University hospital-Jackson-MS

Diagnostic Radiology:-

UMich-Ann Arbor
Wake Forest
Stony Brook
EVMS
Mayo
John Hopkins

Plastic Surgery:-
Hershey Med Ctr/Penn State PA

Thoracic surgery:-
NorthWestern McGaw

Neurosurgery:-
VCU

General Surgery:-
Boston
St Joseph Hospital
VCU
U North Carolina
Union Memorial Hospital
UKentucky

Surgery-Preliminary
UPMC-PA
VCU
Vanderbilt
VCU
Case Western
U Colorado
VCU
Kaiser
VCU
VCU
VCU
Riverside County- CA

Main ones???? Because Medicine, Peds, Psych, Fam Med DON'T matter? :thumbdown: But Prelim Surgery does? You have your priorities backwards. You wanna show how awesome a school is? Write out its Medicine match, not its neurosurg/rads/derm match.

Main ones???? Because Medicine, Peds, Psych, Fam Med DON'T matter? :thumbdown: But Prelim Surgery does? You have your priorities backwards. You wanna show how awesome a school is? Write out its Medicine match, not its neurosurg/rads/derm match.

lol yeah what? I don't think I'd ever count prelim surgery matches as "main matches". Plus the one person going into plastics and the one person going into neurosurg (at the same medical school) doesn't really tell you anything...

wow, looking at this and seeing how much your pedigree can do for you makes me kind of sad. Though I'm sure that yale students are all just really good applicants in general (which is probably how they got into yale in the first place) it just goes to show how important your school reputation is.

Not sad at all. Like you said, they worked their ass off in college to get into Yale med and I'm sure have the scores to back their pedigrees up. If you're a PD/chair you wanna have residents from Yale or Bum F*** State SOM?