2013: Match Day....I'm going to??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldbearprofessor

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a few more hours now..:scared:

Let us know where you're going to spend the next 3 years.

One note that I always make about this day....Remember to be humble about your accomplishments today. Brag to your mom and dad and your significant other. Give your dog an extra treat. But remember that some of your classmates, even those who matched in their top "whatever", will be disappointed that they didn't get their #1 or another of their top few choice(s).

Wherever you matched, the overwhelming likelihood is that you'll do well and be happy there. I matched at my #3 and lived to tell the tale of a great experience there.

Finally, as with every year, if you matched where "I" am, you'll get a PM from me ASAP introducing myself and asking you to say hi to me when you come for orientation. :p

Welcome to residency, let the match day festivities begin.:soexcited:

Link to last year's thread - come on, we can do better this year!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the encouraging words, oldbearprofessor!!!! I have always loved your posts and your advice all these years. I am really happy and grateful to have matched this week, and although I am hoping for my #1, it is encouraging to hear that even if I match somewhere else, I will have a good experience and it will turn out for the best. I will be happy at any of the places I ranked. Thanks again!!!

Ok people, how am I the first one almost an hour and a half after the festivities??? We're better than this!

UT Southwestern in Dallas! Very, very excited and thrilled to be going there! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Phoenix Children's!

Another UTSW dallas here!!! Looks like we are going to be interns together! Coming from MI!!

Akron Children's. My home program and first choice!

Im pretty pumped! Good to see another guy there as well. Im used to pretty cold weather, so it'll take some getting used to. I remember when I interviewed in December it was pretty warm and it felt great!

Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Wisconsin.

Feel free to PM me if we'll be co-interns!

(Though I'm secretly doing this just to see if I'll get the chance to work with OBP. )

Staying with my home institution at Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center!

Oregon Health & Science University in Portland, OR!

Another UTSW Dallas Match! I'm coming from Nashville TN

Members don't see this ad :)
First choice!! So excited :)

Last edited:
University of Wisconsin-Marshfield!! If anyone else just matched there, or currently a resident, feel free to PM me :)

University of Chicago!!!!!!!!! =) so excited!!!!! CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!!

New York medical college in Westchester!!!! My first choice! So excited

Virginia Tech - Carilion Clinic in Roanoke, Va! First choice! Going to be a Hokie AGAIN!

Congrats everybody!!!

I will be heading back west to Loma Linda! Excited to be going back home!

Children's Hospital at SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn.