2013 applicants- please post when gpa is verified!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentlove

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone who is applying this cycle could update on this thread when their GPA has been verified. I'm just wondering when a good time is to start panicking about whether AADSAS actually received my transcript or not... (My transcript was sent out last week)

I know it'll take a few (6-8) weeks for the gpas to get updated.

Thank you :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

do you think that they post when they got the transcript before they go through and verify the gpa or after everything is done?

I was wondering if anyone who is applying this cycle could update on this thread when their GPA has been verified. I'm just wondering when a good time is to start panicking about whether AADSAS actually received my transcript or not... (My transcript was sent out last week)

I know it'll take a few (6-8) weeks for the gpas to get updated.

Thank you :) :)
gunner alert :D

Members don't see this ad :)
do you think that they post when they got the transcript before they go through and verify the gpa or after everything is done?

Yes they have done that for me. My transcript was received today, but no GPA verification.

Last cycle transcript received dates appeared as they arrived (I had 2).

6-8 weeks to verify? Mine took
3 days. Not saying yours will be that fast. But 6-8 is forever. Maybe they say that to keep you from calling every day.

I sent in my transcript before I submitted my application. So I wonder how that will work... Will they periodically rematch the transcripts they already have to applications? I hope it doesn't slow the process down! We are working with so many variables guys!

I wonder how long it will take for dat scores to show up. I know it says the 23rd but it shows they already received my scores for that, maybe it'll be sooner?

I wonder how long it will take for dat scores to show up. I know it says the 23rd but it shows they already received my scores for that, maybe it'll be sooner?
Numerical scores won't show up, only the test date will.

For what it's worth, my DAT scores were received today (took the test in March), and one of my three transcripts has been received.

Just a heads up....when I applied last year at this time my GPA was verified 2 weeks after they received my last transcript (I had 5 of them).

Update here, DAT score was received today as were 2 of my transcripts...will feel better when all are in as I was far from impressed with the worker in one of the registrars offices.

Update here, DAT score was received today as were 2 of my transcripts...will feel better when all are in as I was far from impressed with the worker in one of the registrars offices.

+1... I had the same uneasy feeling leaving the registrar as I did the last time I had to send cold food back at Applebee's.

DAT verified today. Transcript, nothing. I sent my transcript first day apps opened, my school is slacking :'(

Members don't see this ad :)
DAT verified today. Transcript, nothing. I sent my transcript first day apps opened, my school is slacking :'(

Did you do anything to get your dat score to aadsas expect for putting in your dentpin and putting in the month you took it into the application? I took it in September of last year and nothing has shown up for me. I'm probably just being impatient though..

Did you do anything to get your dat score to aadsas expect for putting in your dentpin and putting in the month you took it into the application? I took it in September of last year and nothing has shown up for me. I'm probably just being impatient though..
That's all I did! You had ada send official score report to a aadsas participating school though right?

+1... I had the same uneasy feeling leaving the registrar as I did the last time I had to send cold food back at Applebee's.
haha.. I wonder when's a good time to start panicking? :confused:

It's only been a week. But if you really feel uneasy about your school messing something up (or the particular person behind the counter), you could always request another one to be sent. Call it unnecessary and premature panicking. I just wanted to be sure. It might help you sleep better. In my case, my original transcript showed up the day after I paid for a second one to be sent....of course it would.

I've got all my transcripts received, dat scores received, and LOR received. All that's left is GPA verification and then it's off to the schools rights?

That's all I did! You had ada send official score report to a aadsas participating school though right?

no i didnt. should i contact ada if I haven't? i took the test kind of early so I didn't designate any schools. thanks for your help!

I've got all my transcripts received, dat scores received, and LOR received. All that's left is GPA verification and then it's off to the schools rights?
Yeah, but keep in mind that applications are not mailed out individually. They are sent out in "batches." And I think the first batch gets mailed out sometime in late June.

can i E-Submit before doing the whole transcript request form ?

can i submit my app and then get my gpa verified ?

It's only been a week. But if you really feel uneasy about your school messing something up (or the particular person behind the counter), you could always request another one to be sent. Call it unnecessary and premature panicking. I just wanted to be sure. It might help you sleep better. In my case, my original transcript showed up the day after I paid for a second one to be sent....of course it would.

The exact same thing happened to me, happy to know I'm not the only one. ;)

Has anybody called AADSAS to check on their transcripts that haven't been received yet. Mine got sent out Monday evening/Tuesday morning of last week and only coming from Tennessee area. Still no update on it though. Do you think it could have gotten slowed down because they received it last week but I didn't submit my application until Sunday night so it got pushed aside for now?

no i didnt. should i contact ada if I haven't? i took the test kind of early so I didn't designate any schools. thanks for your help!
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you need to have ada send scores to at least one participating aadsas dental school, then aadsas can receive your scores. There's probably more information on the FAQs or instructions.

lol, that's great advice though! I was about to go to my school again, but they finally received my transcript! The sketchy guy at the office actually pulled through. <3

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you need to have ada send scores to at least one participating aadsas dental school, then aadsas can receive your scores. There's probably more information on the FAQs or instructions.

thanks, dusk! i called ada and got more information. I just need to send in a score request form into ada and they will forward my score onto aadsas.

my transcript was received! =] i am relieved! thanks for all your updates guys.
don't forget to keep in the back of our minds all the people we need to thank for helping us get thru this crazy process!! (aka registrars, person in charge of committee letters, profs who write our recs, dentists etc!!)

i'll let everyone know when my gpa is verified!

those who got their transcript received, did you pay for express mailing for transcript?

I did it first day, my transcript wasn't even received yet. Just want to check
Thanks

those who got their transcript received, did you pay for express mailing for transcript?

I did it first day, my transcript wasn't even received yet. Just want to check
Thanks
I did regular mailing. I sent it first day also. It updated yesterday, but the date said they received it 6/8. So they might have already received yours, just haven't updated the site

both my transcripts were received quite quickly by aadsas (i sent them via courier), but no gpa verifications yet...anyone know if the 4-6 weeks timeframe is legit? will it take that long?

both my transcripts were received quite quickly by aadsas (i sent them via courier), but no gpa verifications yet...anyone know if the 4-6 weeks timeframe is legit? will it take that long?

When I applied, it was nowhere near 4-6 weeks. I'm not sitting in the back office of aadsas, but I'm betting it will be really soon.

All my transcripts received! DAT scores received! Evaluation letters complete! Just waiting for verification and GPA calculation :D

Hah, funny story. So I had 3 transcripts sent and after ordering each one, I only received a receipt and confirmation that they sent it from one of my schools. So I've been terrified these past few days thinking the other two schools hadn't sent them out. I just checked, they've received transcripts from both schools, but nothing yet from the one I felt good about. I'm much less worried now at least!

Now if only I had the money to hit submit :( povertylyf

My transcripts were received yesterday and I sent them last Tuesday so it took about a week (no express) and I sent them before I e-submitted.

All my transcripts received! DAT scores received! Evaluation letters complete! Just waiting for verification and GPA calculation :D

Is there any way you can tell DAT scores are received?

Congrats and good luck!

gunner.jpg

Is there any way you can tell DAT scores are received?

Click on "Official Scores" link. It's located on the right of the page :) It'll list the dates of when you took your DAT and when AADSAS received your scores.

Aww, thanks DoeAdeer!!!! Good luck to you too! :)

The CC I went to for one semester as a freshman...I told them to mail my transcripts last Wednesday. I called them today and they haven't even mailed them out yet. Bogus.
I wish my schools were as competent as yours!

just as an fyi

i called today and reapplicants who submitted june 4th are already verified.

the lady also said reapplicants who submit now will get there stuff processed most likely in max. 1 week.

The CC I went to for one semester as a freshman...I told them to mail my transcripts last Wednesday. I called them today and they haven't even mailed them out yet. Bogus.
I wish my schools were as competent as yours!

I requested all three transcripts 2-3 days before the application cycle even opened... without the matching forms :oops: But I hope your schools send them out soon! Keep in contact with them :)

I requested all three transcripts 2-3 days before the application cycle even opened... without the matching forms :oops: But I hope your schools send them out soon! Keep in contact with them :)

Sneakster. Don't let next year's applicants catch wind of this. I don't encourage it, but there's too much freaking out about registrars messing up the matching forms. It's just crowd control. They can handle a few without forms and I'm sure it happens. They just don't want 15,000 transcripts with no form that they have to match up manually. In more place than one it only threatens a possible delay in processing without a form.

Sneakster. Don't let next year's applicants catch wind of this. I don't encourage it, but there's too much freaking out about registrars messing up the matching forms. It's just crowd control. They can handle a few without forms and I'm sure it happens. They just don't want 15,000 transcripts with no form that they have to match up manually. In more place than one it only threatens a possible delay in processing without a form.

Agreed :) Last year, I submitted them without matching forms and 1 of them got lost. I had to resend it again (costed me 10 bucks to request it again). I recommend all future applicants to INCLUDE the matching form. It's less stress in the end :)

any updates on GPA verification?

Yes they have done that for me. My transcript was received today, but no GPA verification.

how do you know they received it? did you receive some type of notification by email or something? when did you send it out?

EDIT nvm - i called and the woman told me how I can see it on the application...both are mine are received so thats good, but she said it can take up to FOUR weeks for them to verify the GPA after the application is e-submitted! 4 weeks?! is this just a safe overestimation or likely?

Last edited:
how do you know they received it? did you receive some type of notification by email or something? when did you send it out?

EDIT nvm - i called and the woman told me how I can see it on the application...both are mine are received so thats good, but she said it can take up to FOUR weeks for them to verify the GPA after the application is e-submitted! 4 weeks?! is this just a safe overestimation or likely?

Safe overestimation... It only begins to take that long when you start applying in August apparently. Just because of the sheer numbers of applicants at that time. That's what I've gathered anyway from previous SDN posts.