2013 4-Year Air Force HPSP Dental Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was just given notice 2hrs ago. I was awarded a 4yr HPSP scholarship. Keep in mind. I am active duty military. Good luck to all of the other applicants

:soexcited::soexcited:

Members don't see this ad.

Great and congrats! Hopefully I will hear some good news once I get to the office tomorrow.

I just checked my email and I was awarded a 4 year AFHPSP Scholarship yesterday! Words Can't explain my joy. Good to everyone else who applied, I am on Active Duty by the way.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just checked my email and I was awarded a 4 year AFHPSP Scholarship yesterday! Words Can't explain my joy. Good to everyone else who applied, I am on Active Duty by the way.
GENUPE7,
Are you active duty AF? We should link up. It'll be nice to keep in touch with someone who's walking the same path as me.

Hey all,

Good luck! Don't fret if you don't receive the 4 year HPSP, I was #3 on the alternate list last year and although I didn't get a 4 year I did get the 3 year without having to reapply (just had to resign some paperwork) and didn't have to reinterview or anything. I found out a month into starting my first year, which was a huge relief. The same thing happened for another guy in my class, who was not ranked on the alternate list.

I may be a bit biased because I grew up in the AF but you're definitely applying for the right branch! Any HPSP would provide exceptional opportunities for your career, but living situations are a lot nicer with the AF. Feel free to PM me if you have questions about the program!

UW School of Dentistry 2016
3 Year Air Force HPSP recipient

Hey, I am not sure if you'll see this or not, but I was just curious if you have any idea whether or not you have heard that they like collegiate athletes? Also, what were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Hi!

How do you get started with the application process? I just got accepted to dental school and am interested in the three year program with the airforce.

Thank you!

Best of luck to everyone! I was fortunate enough to have received this scholarship a few years back. If anyone has questions about it feel free to get in touch with me.

Hi!

How do you get started with the application process? I just got accepted to dental school and am interested in the three year program with the airforce.

Thank you!
There are a BUNCH of threads on it, but I would go to this website: U.S. Air Force

This may get you in touch with a recruiter, but it may not be (most assuredly won't be) the right kind of recruiter (you need the Health Professions guy). Keep calling, and knocking on doors til they get you in touch with the right person. Takes a lot of effort/perseverance, but keep at it.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!

Thank you!

USAFDDS.blogspot.com is my website. My email is on there, too. Basically, your first step is to find a health professions recruiter. Details on the right side of my blog!

Reactions: 1 user