2013 - 2014 Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Columbia U Teacher's College Admission officer returned phone call about interviews. Said invites should be extended this week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone claim the LIU PsyD post on grad cafe??

Hello all,

So I have a question:

My POI just emailed me saying that: "You are among the very top alternate persons,"

Does it mean that I am on the wait list??

I will appreciate any comments/ insights!

All the best to this whole application process !

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

So I have a question:

My POI just emailed me saying that: "You are among the very top alternate persons,"

Does it mean that I am on the wait list??

I will appreciate any comments/ insights!

All the best to this whole application process !
Yes. Depending on whether this is pre- or post-interview, you are likely either on the waitlist for interview spots or on the waitlist for admission. Hope it works out for you!

Reactions: 1 user
Yes. Depending on whether this is pre- or post-interview, you are likely either on the waitlist for interview spots or on the waitlist for admission. Hope it works out for you!

Thanks, I appreciate it!

If anyone wants cuny grad center or Adelphi clinical phd interview info feel free to pm me w questions. I finished both.

If anyone wants cuny grad center or Adelphi clinical phd interview info feel free to pm me w questions. I finished both.
Is Adelphi done w/ interview offers completely? Congrats btw!

Columbia U Teacher's College Admission officer returned phone call about interviews. Said invites should be extended this week.

Is this for the clinical phd program? Because they have been telling me the same thing for three weeks now but so far no emails. Wonder why its being delayed?

Is this for the clinical phd program? Because they have been telling me the same thing for three weeks now but so far no emails. Wonder why its being delayed?
Yes - sorry - it is for the clinical psych phd program - probably delayed due to so many snow days...

School Name: Yeshiva University/Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology
Date Interview Invite Received: February 11th, 2014
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical, Health Emphasis
Track:
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: February 19th

Would you mind please PMing me your POI? I'm getting really nervous that I haven't heard anything yet =/

Is Adelphi done w/ interview offers completely? Congrats btw!
I think that unfortunately they are done sending out invites, because as far as I know the only two dates for interviews were 2/10 and 2/12 :( but im not positive...and thanks!

Is the clinical psyc phd at cuny city college done with the interviewing?
They are not done w interviewing, I know that some people def. have interviews later this week, and it seems that they had lots of diff interview days....
In terms of if they finished sending out invites for interviews, I do think that they may have ended quite a while ago :/ havent seen any new posts bout receiving interviews in a while (but again im not positive)

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone applied to the New School for Social Research General Psych MA (in NY) as an "advanced applicant" who could be considered for the clinical psych PhD?

Concerning Columbia TC,
I sent my application in on October, and a recent visit to their site showed that the list of available POI completely changed since my application was submitted and the POI I applied to is no longer listed. Did this happen to anybody else? I have no idea of what this means to my application and am absolutely terrified now. Saw someone say they had been contacted and asked to change their POI but am not sure if their situation was the same as mine! Panic mode on.

Has anyone heard from Texas A&M post interview? During interview day they said around this time is when they would know everything for sure and I saw a waitlist post on TGC.

I haven't heard from them either...

did anybody else receive an email from Teachers College concerning financial aid today? Was it a mass email? (Clinical phd)

I got one as well, and was trying to read into the "successful application" comment, but it's just a mass email.

Per an email from the Assistant to the Chair at U Albany , "all interview invitations have been extended already" for the clinical psych PhD program. I sent her an email this morning to check the status of the invites.

Anyone know if syracuse is done sending out invites?
This Monday Syracuse Clinical Psych PhD POI said rest of invites are about to go out soon, "They are about to be extended. Thanks for your interest."

School Name: Saint Louis University
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/12/2014

Type: Clinical
Interview Date: February 27th, 28th, or March 1st
Additional Info:
Social Event from 4:30-6:30pm on 27th and 28th

Luckily my flight has free changes, will be interviewing at UMSL on the 28th.

This is a repeat program, but I thought the fact that they're still sending out invites would be of use (and hope!) to some people.

School Name: PGSP-Stanford PsyD Consortium

Degree: PsyD
Interview Date: February 18th, 24th, 28th, or March 3rd
Additional Info:
Thought I was down-and-out with Stanford, but lo and behold!

School Name: Teachers College- Columbia U.
Type: Counseling
Interview Date: 2/27/2014
Additional Info: If you need help with securing accommodations, or other arrangements they ask for you to contact them.

Additional Info: If you need help with securing accommodations, or other arrangements they ask for you to contact them.
Congrats! Can you PM your POI? Thanks!!

Congratulations! Can you also send me your POI? Thank you!!

Congrats!! Good luck with your interview!!

Anyone got a clinical invite?

Teachers college emailed back: "The Clinical PhD program is continuing to review applications and interview invitations will go out through the end of this week. Interview invitations will be sent directly from the program. "

Reactions: 2 users
School Name: St. John's
Notified via: Mass Email
Interview Date: March 10, 11, or 12 ( morning and afternoon sessions on Mon/Tues, morning session only on Wed)
Additional Info: Respond with top two date preferences as well as faculty with whom you would like to interview
Hi Psychgradhopeful,
Congrats on your invite to interview at St. Johns! I would have loved to see that one in my mail box, too. Any idea if they send different emails for each track? Did you apply for the general or the child/family one?

Hope to hear from you and good luck at the interview!

Hi Psychgradhopeful,
Congrats on your invite to interview at St. Johns! I would have loved to see that one in my mail box, too. Any idea if they send different emails for each track? Did you apply for the general or the child/family one?

Hope to hear from you and good luck at the interview!

I also got this invite. Not sure if it was a track specific email (it didn't mention any track on my email), but I did apply for the child/family track. I hope they're still sending out invites! Best of luck!

For those who are waiting to hear back from University of North Texas' Clinical Health Psychology Program:

I finally gave in and sent an email to my POI at UNT re: anticipated interview dates and when the university plans to extend interview offers. My POI said they actually made decisions on interviews back in December, but have been waiting on word from the dean and provost about funds for students and program hires. He expects to send out information about interviews no later than next Friday.

School Name: University of California - Riverside
Type: School
Track:
Interview Date: 2/28
Additional Info: All day event. Willing to put you up with a current student the night before the interview

School Name: Rutgers
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/10
Interview Date: 2/24
Additional Info: Social at 6:30 the night before

School Name:
Biola
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/30
Degree: PhD/PsyD
Type: Clinical/Counseling/School/Combined/Experimental
Interview Date: 3/4

School Name: Florida Institute of Technology
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/12
Additional Info: This is an Open House rather than interview and is not required for admission.

School Name: George Fox University
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/17
Interview Date: 2/21 or 2/28

Hello.

Has anyone heard back from LLU psyd or APU psyd?

I've heard back from both of those programs and gotten interviews. APU's was extended by phone in the middle of January and Loma Linda's by email on January 31st.

School Name: Rutgers
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/10
Interview Date: 2/24
Additional Info: Social at 6:30 the night before
School Name: Biola
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/30
Degree: PhD/PsyD
Type: Clinical/Counseling/School/Combined/Experimental
Interview Date: 3/4

School Name: Florida Institute of Technology
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/12
Additional Info: This is an Open House rather than interview and is not required for admission.

School Name: George Fox University
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/17
Interview Date: 2/21 or 2/28

Congrats on all the invites! Do you know if Rutgers was a mass email? And same for FIT? I've been waiting on those two! Do you know if FIT does have required interviews? Thanks so much!

I know Rutgers sent out a previous round of invites on the 5th (friend of mine got it), so it seems like they're sending them out in waves. Furthermore, someone on TGC said the website listed them as rejected, so if the website still says "no decision," as mine does, it would seem you're still in contention.

I learned my lesson after assuming PGSP-Stanford had rejected me and then finally getting the invite a couple days ago. :)

Last edited:
How long after an interview do people typically wait before hearing back?

How long after an interview do people typically wait before hearing back?
It varies a lot from program to program. your best bet is to look on the grad cafe for that particular program, and see in the past how long it's taken people to hear back.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone who interviewed at Catholic University heard back yet? Or had any contact with their POI or the DCT regarding where they are in the decision process? I am also curious to know what other people's impressions were of the program? I personally left with a great feeling about the department, training and students. I'm a bit worried about finances but otherwise I am very excited/anxious to hear back from them!

School Name: Hofstra University
Type: School
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/14
How were you notified: Phone
Who notified you: Administrative Assistant
Interview Date: 3/7
Additional Info: Interview with professor and current student (2 hours)

:)

Has anyone gotten any interviews for Roosevelt U's PsyD program?