2013-2014 APPIC (internship) interview thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Me too

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Yep woke up a few hours ago. Just... chillin'

Reactions: 1 user
Good morning, everyone! Sending positive vibes :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Is everyone else alternating between compulsively refreshing email and compulsively refreshing this forum, too? :p

Reactions: 2 users
My email dings when I have a message, so not the email part. No one else I know is awake/able to talk to me right now. I don't want to text my cohort on the off-chance that they are asleep haha.

good morning and good luck all!!

after a few scary dreams of not matching I am wide awake and anxiously anticipating the ding of my e-mail...

good morning and good luck all!!

after a few scary dreams of not matching I am wide awake and anxiously anticipating the ding of my e-mail...

It's probably my anxiety, but I'm finding the juxtaposition of your user name and the fact that you're waiting for your email to ding overly funny. :)

Reactions: 11 users
It's probably my anxiety, but I'm finding the juxtaposition of your user name and the fact that you're waiting for your email to ding overly funny. :)

That made me laugh :)

So, I managed not to check email or forum until now, but the day is actually here! I slept badly, but my poor husband barely slept at all, worrying for me. :( I wonder when the first news will start trickling in!

Waiting, waiting, waiting...I not only had anxiety dreams for myself, but for a friend who is choosing from their post-doc offers today. Oy!

I'm up now. Did not sleep well. Good luck, everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a few hours of sleep and now I am up watching Saved by the Bell and trying not to panic. Where is that email!?

Oh, i'll tell you where that email is. Its behind the 3 other emails i've gotten today which gave me a damn heart attack.

Reactions: 5 users
Just received an email. I didn't match. This I upsetting because I thought I had some good interviews. On to phase 2. I always had bad luck :(

Just received an email. I didn't match. This I upsetting because I thought I had some good interviews. On to phase 2. I always had bad luck :(
I'm so sorry to hear that, psychrat. I was thinking of you, and I wish you the very best of luck with the next steps.

I MATCHED!!! to my top choice!!

good luck to everyone else

Reactions: 8 users
I didn't match either...I admit I wasn't all that hopeful, but still feeling really disappointed.

Matched at my (very close) second choice! So thrilled! Going to be at a VA in the Northeast!

Reactions: 9 users
I MATCHED! It's not one of my top choices but it's a great internship and a great area.

Reactions: 12 users
Well, I matched to my #10, non-APA and part of my school's consortium. It's a match, so I don't need to do it again, but I have to admit I dread telling anyone at my school. It's something, but wow.
Congrats to everyone getting good news today!!

Reactions: 5 users
Same. I don't know if I can take phase II.

So happy for all of you that matched and optimistic for those that didn't. Keep the faith!

I matched to my #2 pick (which had originally been my number 1 choice).

WoooooHoooooo!

Reactions: 10 users
I Matched at my number three :)

I didn't match as well. I only had one interview so it's not too surprising, but obviously still very upsetting.

Matched to UCC at UT Austin, not my #1, but very happy

Matched to my #1. I was shaking so bad when I opened the email.

Reactions: 6 users
matched at #2! congrats to you all and good luck to those going to phase 2! thank you everyone for such a supportive group!

Matched to my 3rd choice, but in my heart of hearts the one I loved the most :) Soooo happy!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matched at my #1!! I read the email like 10 times to make sure it was real and then made my husband read it to confirm. :-D Can't freaking believe it!!

So sorry for everyone who didn't match. I feel really emotionally invested in everyone's outcome since we shared this experience together. Just found out that my program's match rate wasn't 100%, and I thought that we had really strong applicants.

Reactions: 3 users
Im involved in some sort of sick jouissance trance where I am refusing to look at my email. Passing the time listening to the gorgeous new Beck record on NPR music.

'spose the suspense can only last so long. . .

Matched to my #3. Awesome site and unquestionably the best research match in the country (my top 3 could have probably gone in any order). I'm happy and excited, albeit still processing!

Reactions: 11 users
Matched to my 12th choice. I guess I can't complain. It's Gods will

Matched at my top choice! All five of us in my program matched so it's a good day here.

Congrats to those who matched and I'm sorry to those who didn't. I wish you luck in phase II.

I was up for hours this morning and then fell back asleep at some point around 6 AM. As soon as I woke back up, I opened my email and prepared to get in the right head space while looking for the match email but I forgot I had set a VIP alert so it popped right up immediately and unexpectedly! Luckily, I matched to my first choice! I am going back to my home city after 9 years away across the country! :)

Matched to my #1 site! Very excited! UCC in Illinois!

Almost everyone in my cohort matched at number 1, but we all matched to APA-accredited programs!

Reactions: 7 users
Matched to my #1 choice! I'm completely in shock.

Congrats to everyone who matched, and I hope for the best for everyone entering Phase II.

match, it wasn't my first choice, but it is an amazing program, just not in a geographical location i'm pumped about.

Hello all! I'm a long time lurker, non-poster, but I wanted to post to say I matched to my #1! This is my second time after not matching last year, so I definitely understand the devastation of not matching. I may write up some things I learned from not matching last year that I'll post up on this forum, but if you did not match and would like some personal tips or support, please feel free to pm me. Congrats to those who matched and to those who didn't, hang in there!

My identity is discernible, so I won't give the ranking number, but I matched to the Southwest Consortium in Albuquerque!