2011 rank these schools thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think you've answered your own question here. The reason that it doesn't have a "better rep" is because of the academia bias. Academic reputation tends, rightly or wrongly, to be projected onto residency training - even though I would argue that they are two entirely separate entities. There are plenty of residency training programs that are underrated (Florida included) because the institution isn't considered as "academic". The converse also holds.

And, it's in Gainesville. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone give some insight into these programs, please?

NYU vs. U of Chicago

and

Oklahoma vs. Baylor

I am interested in surgical retina, and would prefer to live in NYC over Chicago.

Thanks!!

IMO, OK and Baylor are both considerably stronger programs than NYU and Chicago.

I hear UMDNJ is strong but a bit harsh. Not as bad as NYEE or some of the other NY programs though. GW has more of a private practice feel.

Members don't see this ad :)
OK is the bomb-crazy surg # Baylor has a good rep though

Update. Case western is no longer on probation and is accredited for 3 years. I don't know what max is

max is 5 years, I believe. Good for Case Western -- Happy to see them doing well. Would have loved an interview invite from them last year though

Saaaweet I didn't realize this thread was resurrected. Could anyone provide their thoughts on these guys:
UAB
Oklahoma
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
MUSC
UT Memphis

Thanks everyone!