2011 APPIC Internship Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ditto on the good luck wishes to everyone for tomorrow. You've made it through weeks (if not months) of emotional torture and I sincerely commend everyone for making it this far.

Fingers/toes/hairs crossed that many (if not all) of you hear good news tomorrow. Please keep us updated! :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow! I am continually blown away by the overwhelming support shown to all at this site.

I wish everyone the very best! Try to get some sleep!

The absolute best of luck to everyone participating in the match tomorrow! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Kind of surprised there isn't much action here tonight... hoping it's because you are all getting a good nights sleep :)

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow :xf:

Good luck everyone! You've been in my thoughts during this time. I echo the sentiment that has been voiced by others that things happen for a reason, even if not clear at the time. Nonetheless, I am sending loads of positive vibes your way today!!

Anyone else awake?

Good luck to all! <3

I'm up! No news here, but I don't think anything happens prior to 8am EST anyway. In Feb, I got my e-mail shortly after 8:30am EST and I think I was one of the first to hear.

Still crickets. Not that I'm impatient or anything...

Well, let's see how this goes...

Good luck everyone!

I matched i matched i matched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got my top choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
No match for me. I'm pretty sure going to grad school was the worst decision of my life, at least from a financial standpoint.

No match for me. I'm pretty sure going to grad school was the worst decision of my life, at least from a financial standpoint.

I'm so sorry LindsPsyD :( Hang in there - maybe the right spot for you will be in Clearinghouse!

now we wait for the post match sites to be displayed and then we can fight like cats and dogs. what a treat. :D

So sorry to hear, LindsPsyD. I didn't match either, despite receiving extremely positive feedback from during all 4 of my interviews in Phase II. Same thing happened in Phase I... This whole process doesn't make any sense. :confused:

I matched and I know I will love the site! I can't believe it! For those who didn't I am so sorry and I still think this is a bad system!

No match for me, as well...I was really looking forward to being done with this phase. I just feel exhausted after this, I don't know about anyone else...

Yeah, I wish I could say I felt differently myself. Maybe a few years from now we'll say it was worth it?

Hang in there.

Agreed. No match for me. To be honest, I don't even know if I am willing to let myself go through this again next year. Maybe it's time for me to call it quits.

Side note: congrats to those who matched!

Congrats to those who matched! I hope you take the time to celebrate the accomplishment, as it must have been a difficult and rough road and you absolutely deserve the time to feel some relief and calm after this hellish process.

Agreed. No match for me. To be honest, I don't even know if I am willing to let myself go through this again next year. Maybe it's time for me to call it quits.

I am sure that many people who had to go through both phase I and phase II of the match and still came away empty handed are having some of these thoughts. However, as many other people on this forum have mentioned, it is possible to not match one year and find an even better spot the next. That doesn't make what you are going through right now any easier, but that does mean there is hope for a better outcome next year after all the dust settles. It might be tempting to call it quits, but don't throw away all your years of hard work just because you got thrown into a broken broken system....

I'm glad to hear that some of our SDNers matched.:) The numbers, however, are frightening, and worse than many of us even thought. Of the 256 internship positions that were not filled in Phase I, 56 had no chance of being filled in the Phase II Match because they either withdrew or didn't submit a rank list. Thus, only 200 spots were really available.

Of the total of 200 internship positions that could be filled in Phase II, 185 were filled and 15 remained unfilled.

I think many people guessed that there would not more than a dozen or so positions available after this match cycle. Looks like we were pretty close on that guess. After looking at all this and seeing your struggles I feel like getting through this phase with an APA site on my first go around was pure luck and was secured by the skin of my teeth. I certainly dont want anyone to quit, but i suppose i understand the frustration.

Last edited:
I matched i matched i matched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got my top choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!! I'm SO glad to hear it worked out for you, blindchaos. You absolutely earned it - congratulations to you and all else who matched!

Thank you for posting this. Those numbers are abysmal, and I have to admit it makes me angry to see that 56 positions were withdrawn for one reason or another. Really? With the imbalance creating all kinds of chaos, sites decided to withhold positions?? (I know there were reasons, I'm just not feeling reasonable right now)

I'm so sorry it didn't work out. I understand the calling it quits feeling though - I told myself that if I didn't match, I'd likely quit as well (I'm heading into year 7 next year so courses would start expiring at that point). This is the most draining process (emotionally, physically and financially) I've ever been through, and that was just Phase I. I so admire those of you who made it through Phase II.

I do echo the sentiments above though. It feels awful now and I doubt anyone would be able to consider going through all this a second (or third, for some) time next year. All I'd ask is that you sit on the quitting decision for a few weeks and then see how you feel. Things tend to look a bit different after some time has passed.

I'm in. FINALLY! To those of you that are considering not continuing the process because it's the 2nd or 3rd try, I feel your pain. I really felt the same way, and have been saying for months that if I didn't get in this time I was pulling the plug. But I realized something. With feelings of desperation, came desperate measures. I applied to every single site in Phase II. I had a total of 17 interview offers. I was in awe, as the last two years in Phase I, I submitted 25-30 applications and each time only received one interview. The 17 interview offers came from the exact same type of sites I submitted apps to in Phase I; VAMC's, Community and Forensic. I had a long discussion with my TD about this and he said they were at a loss as to what was happening. He said there were people in my program that my school felt were weak candidates and matched, while others that very strong candidates were still sitting on the side lines. He offered some very significant interview advice, that I feel may have made me stronger in my interviews in Phase II. In addition, this year I completely restructured my CV and made sure I was working in a clinical setting. I personally think it was my CV and the way I restated my interview answers that put me a little over the edge.

Having said all of that, my point is, I figured I would give it one more shot if I didn't get through to Phase II this year. I realized in this round that the reason I had a better shot of acquiring an intership spot came because of the number of interviews I received. Therefore, having noted this, if I didn't get in this Phase II, I was literally going to submit 100-150 applications for Phase I later this year. I know everyone, all the written materials, and experts say to do 8-15 apps, but my friends, desperate times call for desperate measures!

If you want my 2 cents, if you were like me, dissertation already in progress, tons of hours and appropriate experience and really nothing else left to make you more viable as a candidate, I advise you take a leaf out of my book and play the numbers game.

My heart goes out to all of you that are really hurting right now. It's your life, your sacrifice, your time, energy and money and at the end of the day, you'll do what's right for you, and that's all that matters.

Hi all,
I'm primarily a lurker here, but I felt compelled to say something after reading the hideous stats yet again, and hearing how many people are feeling utterly defeated right now.

I understand none of this may ring true right now, but I have to say it all the same.

I didn't match last year... the only one in my cohort. Perhaps because no one in the program had really sat down and told us about the very real possibility of not matching, we had all been incredibly open in the department about our applications, interviews, etc-- and so I had to go through the humbling process over and over and over again of telling people that, no, I didn't match, and no, I didn't know what I was going to do. I swear, I've never been an egotistical person, but that process hammered any last bit of self-assurance out of me. This happened despite the fact that I was more educated on the whole process than the DCT (he was just DCT for a single year while our DCT was on medical leave)-- people were all joking about how I would be the one they would have to thank when they matched.

I can't even explain how low I felt. It is so hard to have dedicated your entire life to a pursuit, one that requires putting off every milestone, being broke all through your 20s, one that is supposedly for a great good-- and to feel a helpless failure. I felt I was 16 years old again and just beat myself up in my head. I felt like the match imbalance was just my excuse.

But then two things happened-- one is, I realized how many great people had not matched, both in years before and that year. One of the women in my program went unmatched one year, and got a place at Harvard the next year. These people who didn't match were not in devastating dead end careers-- they were doing great, and not feeling as though an extra year had really made a difference in the grand scheme of things.

I also found a really great opportunity. My partner had already accepted at a grad school, thinking that I would be away for the year anyways, then hopefully be able to join him. We initially thought we would have to be apart for two years, with me staying in the city I did my PhD. But then, on a fluke, I started googling, and found a phone number for an intriguing sounding practicum. Figuring I had nothing to lose, I called the number, and spoke to a woman who said the deadline had passed, but that they weren't that thrilled with the applicants. We spoke for a while; she told me I sounded like a good fit, and while they would probably have to accept one of the students who had applied before the official deadline, I should send in an application just in case. Long and short is that I got the position, and it has been an amazing experience. It also addressed one of the weak spots in my application. I've been able to spend the year getting tons of therapy hours, living with my partner, and writing my dissertation.

Applying for internships was still hugely stressful-- I felt like it took me back to a place of feeling hopeless and worthless again, and it was worse because I hadn't told anyone in my new practicum that I didn't match. But I did it, got more interviews, including at places that didn't offer me interviews the time before. And I got matched at one of my top places from the year before. A friend of mine later told me that they'd told her how happy they were that I'd reapplied, as I seemed much more confident (which I couldn't believe) and as a better fit than the year before.

Ok... yeah, this was long winded. I guess I just want to say that right now really, really sucks. The system is a mess and there is no excuse for it, and I feel as though people who match their first time around really don't understand the true depth of this problem. I still spent all my savings on the first round of interviews, and had to go into debt to do it a second time. But I feel like I was still able to make the best out of a bad situation, and end up okay in the end. It's just a year, I promise, and you will be able to get back on your feet. Right now, just be nice to yourself :)

Hey all, long time lurker here. Second year applying, lots of interviews in both phases, no match. All others in my group matched. Severely disheartened and I hate life right now. I am not a masochist so if the clearinghouse yields nothing I guess I will have to sell my soul to the devil to pay my debt back with nothing to show for it.

Does anyone know when the post-match vacancies will be listed? I really don't want to be a slave to this computer anymore and I don't want to be checking it all day if nothing will be posted today...Greg said the post list vacancy begins at 11am today, yet the APPIC website says open spots will be listed no later than noon tomorrow. Does anyone know?

I do take some comfort in the kind words that are being said here, but the truth is even after taking an extra year, doing a very coveted 4th year practicum position, re-organizing my CV, practicing interviewing, etc., I still have nothing to show and therefore, to me, waiting another year will absolutely not make a shred of difference. Sorry to be so negative but that is my reality at this moment. I don't even know who I am anymore. The stress has taken its toll mentally and physically. It's impacted my relationships and my faith in myself and those who have supported me. Absolute utter and total devastation, when really all I wanted to do was help people.

Congrats to all who got matched and good luck to those who did not. Time to do some soul searching!

Congratulations to blindchaos and HVD2011! To those who didn't match, I'm so sorry and I hope a wonderful internship awaits you in the Clearinghouse or next year.

and I feel as though people who match their first time around really don't understand the true depth of this problem. :)

I matched first time around, but please dont think that I dont understand. I went through the process too...the rejections, the doubts, the financial drain. I think most reasonable people can now agree that not matching is no longer necessarily a sign that you have a weak CV or poor interviewing skills (as might have been the case 15 years ago). I came from a quality Ph.D program and had solid, emprically based training, but I fully realize that I made it through by "the skin of my teeth." I stated some time ago that perhaps one reason this process has been allowed to spiral out of control was due to the fact that since this whole experience is so stresful and awful....the 75 percent that typically have matched have just been thankful, moved on, and tried never to think about it again. Thus, most of the people who were ever involved rarely came back to fight against it. I have battled with myself since initial match day and tried not to let that happen. I am committed to fighting this nonsense (people should be eliminated from getting this degree on the front-end, not the back-end) as much as all those who remain unmatched.

Last edited:
(people should be eliminated from getting this degree on the front-end, not the back-end)

+1

I was accepted into a PhD in family therapy program in 2006. I would have been finished with that degree in 2010 as they have a captive "internship." I should have done it. Now here I am unmatched on my first attempt. Sucks.

I matched first time around, but please dont think that I dont understand. I went through the process too...the rejections, the doubts, the financial drain. I think most reasonable people can now agree that not matching is no longer necessarily a sign that you have a weak CV or poor interviewing skills (as might have been the case 15 years ago). I came from a quality Ph.D program and had solid, emprically based training, but I fully realize that I made it through by "the skin of my teeth." I stated some time ago that perhaps one reason this process has been allowed to spiral out of control was due to the fact that since this whole experience is so stresful and awful....the 75 percent that typically have matched have just been thankful, moved on, and tried never to think about it again. Thus, most of the people who were ever involved rarely came back to fight against it. I have battled with myself since initial match day and tried not to let that happen. I am committed to fighting this nonsense (people should be eliminated from getting this degree on the front-end, not the back-end) as much as all those who remain unmatched.

Another emphatic +1. The internship process should not be a primary means of quality control, either of applicants or of programs, and neither should luck have any large part in it. Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case in either respect.

I remain just as critical of, and dissatisfied with, the efforts (or lack thereof) that have thus far been taken to correct this process as I was a month ago. I fully intend to continue making my opinion known through whatever channels are available, and it would seem that many other SDNers feel the same way.

Hi everyone,

I have been perusing this site even before not matching in Phase I, and have been through many of the same Phase II struggles that have been discussed on this forum.

First, I wanted to offer a big THANK YOU for all of the kind words - particularly from those that have gone through this process already - including useful professional and spiritual advice for those of us that are experiencing some dark days.

Secondly, I wanted to express my support for erg's notion that people should be "weeded out" on the front-end of this process versus the back-end. Greg Keilin's Match Update/Editorial note today hit home for me; I would wholeheartedly support any student-led movement to make these valid opinions be heard.

In the meantime, I wish everyone the best of luck :luck: in the clearinghouse, and/or the next go around (100 applications later... :thumbdown:)

I felt like the match imbalance was just my excuse.

Definitely how I'm feeling.

I still spent all my savings on the first round of interviews, and had to go into debt to do it a second time. But I feel like I was still able to make the best out of a bad situation, and end up okay in the end. It's just a year, I promise, and you will be able to get back on your feet.

The thing is, I don't have savings. I just have student loan debt. I didn't have savings to spend on traveling to interviews and paying for applications, etc. I had a credit card that is completely maxed out from phase I and I can't afford to pay off, and it was all completely worthless. Not to downplay your spending your savings and dipping into debt - I just want to point out that for many (most?) of us, internship debt is just the tip of the iceberg. This means another year of student loans, another year of going multiple thousands more into debt. I have no idea how I'm going to pay for all the travel next year. When I was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed out of undergrad, I truly believed that the debt would be worth it - that I would be able to pay it off and live reasonably well AND be working in a field that I am incredibly passionate about. Now, I KNOW this is not the case. I'm not quitting because I'm too far in and you can't do anything with just a master's in clinical psych, but I'm seriously regretting that I didn't just go for an MFT - they make less money, but it evens out with the student loans, I would be licensed by now, and I'd still be able to do what I love and, honestly, what I'm good at (despite that internships can't see this from my application materials, apparently).

I agree with previous statements that something should be done on the front end to weed candidates, not the back end.

Congrats to those who matched.

To those who didn't, there isn't really much I can say other than I know how it feels. I was there (the only one in my cohort not to match after CH), and it stunk. It will probably take awhile to let those feelings of dissapointment, frustration, anger, etc. go, but it'll happen.

There are sites that pop up between now and the summer, but they are random in their acred. level, population, and specificity. It is probably best to have the mindset of re-applying next year, as you don't want to set yourself up to think, "ok, the next one posted could be my spot!" It can happen (my buddy did it 4-5 years ago), but most of the time it doesn't.

I know many quality applicants who had to apply 2 or more times, but such is life with the internship imbalance. I can't emphasize enough the importance of gaining feedback from mentors and DCTs (if possible), and really being proactive about addressing weaknesses in your apps. Make the summer/fall a productive period because it can make a difference.

Last edited:
These numbers are atrocious. I'm just thinking out loud here (online :laugh:), but many programs require the completion of an accredited internship. This means that many trainees are competing with 936 others for 72 sites. I think that the imbalance culprits (programs pumping insane numbers of applicants into the pool year after year) should be restricted to unaccredited sites from the beginning. Or simply put, programs should comply to a max class size (e.g. no more than 10-12 applicants from their program each year) and should have to demonstrate a solid match rate (> 80%) in order for their trainees to apply to APA accredited sites. Or better yet, de-accredit the culprits. So says this panicked trainee. :mad::mad::mad:

Panicked or not - this makes a lot of sense, KayJay85... I concur!:claps:

I would like to second others' thoughts on continuing to a advocate for students on the internship/imbalance issue. Those who have mentioned writing a letter to APA before, if you are still interested, perhaps that might be a project to undertake now that the match is over for the year. I, and, likely others here and elsewhere, would be happy to contribute.

For those who obtained a position during phase II, congrats!!! :)

Blindchaos, if you don't mind me asking, which site did you end up matching to? I am curious as I know we have similar interests and interviewed at some of the same sites. If you want, you can PM me on this. :)

Definitely how I'm feeling.

When I was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed out of undergrad, I truly believed that the debt would be worth it - that I would be able to pay it off and live reasonably well AND be working in a field that I am incredibly passionate about. Now, I KNOW this is not the case. .

This is an important statement/insight that many people are coming to realize. There has been quite a bit of debate about the loan issue and the schools that charge these gastly prices in several other threads here (most recently the Nova Psy.D. thread). Unfortunately, many seem to get offended when we (students at the internshio level and beyond) warn them of the realities of the current market and how this interacts with their massive debt. I think its a shame how they often blow us off....I can understand the desire not to think about it though...

Last edited:
Blindchaos, if you don't mind me asking, which site did you end up matching to? I am curious as I know we have similar interests and interviewed at some of the same sites. If you want, you can PM me on this. :)

Sent you a PM! :)

I would like to second others' thoughts on continuing to a advocate for students on the internship/imbalance issue. Those who have mentioned writing a letter to APA before, if you are still interested, perhaps that might be a project to undertake now that the match is over for the year. I, and, likely others here and elsewhere, would be happy to contribute.

I'm not sure if anyone has time to put a draft together, but I think it would be a worthwhile endeavor. I'd like to contribute, though I don't have the time to organize it. Maybe start a thread on it...*nudge nudge*.

Is there some way they can stagger internship positions so that they begin 3 or 4 times during the year? The way it is now, if you don't match, you have to wait a FULL YEAR. It wouldn't be AS bad if you could try again in 3 or 4 months.

Something drastic does need to happen. The APA is clearly doing almost nothing to help us. Feel free to prove me wrong on that if I'm not informed. Their intervention seems to basically be "sucks to be you guys."

At your suggestion, I have started a new thread regarding the letter to APA. I encourage anyone who is interested to please join so we can work on this collaboratively and recruit other students to join the advocacy effort. Here's the thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=10790036#post10790036

I'm not sure if anyone has time to put a draft together, but I think it would be a worthwhile endeavor. I'd like to contribute, though I don't have the time to organize it. Maybe start a thread on it...*nudge nudge*.

If no one else volunteers, I could probably do this, seeing as I have so much time on my hands now... :rolleyes:
although it does seem like there are other SDNers that have put more thought into the causality and forces involved within the match imbalance.

...anyone?

Does anyone know when the post-match vacancies will be listed? I really don't want to be a slave to this computer anymore and I don't want to be checking it all day if nothing will be posted today...Greg said the post list vacancy begins at 11am today, yet the APPIC website says open spots will be listed no later than noon tomorrow. Does anyone know?

I'm wondering this as well... I've been sitting in front of my computer hitting refresh for hours. ;) You can sign up to be notified via email of updates to the list, if that helps. Instead of checking my computer incessantly, I'll be checking my phone.

And, I'm a bit perplexed by the 56 positions that had no chance of being filled in Phase II. I understand that some programs needed to withdraw due to funding issues (though I don't totally buy that), but I can't make sense of the programs that chose not to submit ranks or ranked fewer applicants than available positions. Any theories? Also, is there any reason to think that some of those 56 may be participating in the post-match vacancy service?

It is my understanding that non-APA/APPIC internship programs are also allowed to participate in the post-match vacancy service; however, these programs are not listed in the APPIC directory. Does anyone know how to go about finding information on these programs?

Thanks in advance, and congrats to everyone who matched :D

Is there some way they can stagger internship positions so that they begin 3 or 4 times during the year? The way it is now, if you don't match, you have to wait a FULL YEAR. It wouldn't be AS bad if you could try again in 3 or 4 months.

The logistics involved with internship would make the above impossible. Training programs almost always run in the red (lose money), so it is already a tough conversation to keep them around, let alone complicating the process on the site-side of things.

Something drastic does need to happen. The APA is clearly doing almost nothing to help us. Feel free to prove me wrong on that if I'm not informed. Their intervention seems to basically be "sucks to be you guys."

It's been known for at least a decade. It is admittedly a complicated issue with a lot of factors outside of the control, though the APA has really failed to address it (in my eyes at least).

It is important to separate the APA from APPIC, as all of the psychologists involved in the match process volunteer to help. It takes a significant amount of time from Dr. Keilin and his colleagues to manage the Match every year, and they are trying to do the best they can with what they have at their disposal.

And, I'm a bit perplexed by the 56 positions that had no chance of being filled in Phase II. I understand that some programs needed to withdraw due to funding issues (though I don't totally buy that), but I can't make sense of the programs that chose not to submit ranks or ranked fewer applicants than available positions. Any theories? Also, is there any reason to think that some of those 56 may be participating in the post-match vacancy service?

As I mentioned above, internship spots typically cost the host site money, so while they want to provide training experiences to people, they have a vested interest in getting someone that they feel comfortable working with for the year. I believe Brown was in the mix, and if I recall correctly, they have a pretty research heavy focus, and I can imagine they may be reluctant to fill the position if there isn't a qualified (in their eyes) candidate.

As I mentioned above, internship spots typically cost the host site money, so while they want to provide training experiences to people, they have a vested interest in getting someone that they feel comfortable working with for the year. I believe Brown was in the mix, and if I recall correctly, they have a pretty research heavy focus, and I can imagine they may be reluctant to fill the position if there isn't a qualified (in their eyes) candidate.

Of course programs want highly qualified applicants, and I absolutely see what you're saying about very research heavy positions, but I still wonder if that's the norm in these cases. In general, I think the amount of time/effort/money spent (by all involved) is excessive given that these positions only last one year. Just my two cents...

I have long thought the same thing. My wife has been applying for jobs (ie., long-term employment) at some elementary schools where we are moving for internship. All have scoffed at the idea of having her fly there for an interview. They have requested that she gain access to skype for some telephone interviews though. I have long been put off by the fact that incurring literally thousands in travel costs for this one year postion is expected of us. It is just a one year position after all. I agree that I dont see the excessive focus on "the perfect fit" as neccessary here. 95% of the time its one freaking year. Geez...people

I also matched :soexcited:and am sooo relieved, but my excitement is tempered by empathy for those who did not. :( If this is your 1st time not matching, knowthat it DOES get better. My ego/self-esteem/etc was severely damaged and I still feel the repercussions, but by about 6 months post-not matching I was beginning to resemble my old self. You just have to pick up the pieces, dust yourself off, and work on making yourself shiny and new again for next year. Easier said, but you can do it. I have faith in all of you/us.

Side note: congrats to those who matched!

But now you can move for your sig other's post-doc, right? I'm going for silver lining here.... :oops:

I'm not quitting because I'm too far in and you can't do anything with just a master's in clinical psych

I never advocating quitting. I come from a very stubborn blood-line. But, you CAN work with your MA in Clin Pysch. Instead of doing another unpaying prac after I didn't match last year, I got a job as an "Emergency Services Clinician" working alongside LMFTs, MFTs, etc doing emergency psych assessments. I work full time at a whopping $19/hr, which feels like SO much money after 3 yrs of part-time work in grad school, and the union accepted my prac experiences as "work experience." Also, since assessment was a weak point in my experience I think this helped me land my #2 spot in Phase II (I hadn't yet found the job when apps went out for Phase I).

OGurl and I started a letter, but then Match happened and it fell by the wayside. I def plan to pick this back up in the next couple weeks and will try to keep everyone in the loop via this thread and the new one. However, if a second group wants to start ANOTHER letter, that can't hut either! And we can all sign/send both!! :idea: WE SHALL BE HEARD!!!! +pissed+

My wife has been applying for jobs (ie., long-term employment) at some elementary schools where we are moving for internship. All have scoffed at the idea of having her fly there for an interview. They have requested that she gain access to skype for some telephone interviews though. I have long been put off by the fact that incurring literally thousands in travel costs for this one year postion is expected of us. It is just a one year position after all.

TOTALLY agree. This is 2011 people! It is called the internet. I can video call on my frickin CELL PHONE! Do you really need to feel the flesh of my palm in your hand to decide if I'm a good "fit?" I had a Skype interview for Phase II. Since it was my 1st Skype interview ever, I was nervous. But it went GREAT and I loved being able to see the TD without spending $500+ dollars to do it. Yay technology!