2011-2012 PhD/PsyD Official Rejection thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yep, mine said that as well. Found it a tad insulting, but oh well, I've already accepted an offer elsewhere anyway!

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone heard from liu brooklyn or cuny? i know that a couple people posted about these a while ago, but there's been silence ever since...

rejection e-mail from University of Memphis clinical psychology phd today. probably the ****tiest rejection e-mail I have ever read.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected from the University of Maryland-Baltimore County (UMBC)'s PhD in Human Services Psychology. Letter dated March 15th, received in the mail yesterday. No surprise since I didn't interview....

Rejected from Adelphi's PhD program today via email

Not surprised, because I think my dislike for the program was obvious during the interview. Did anyone else notice the typo in the email? Sigh, you think they would have done some editing before emailing out.

Got a rejection letter from Kent State today, didn't interview.

Got a rejection from Emory today, also did not interview.

Rejection from West Virginia over the weekend, didn't interview

Rejected by:

Adelphi Clinical Psychology PhD- February...20th? Some time around then. No interview
Long Island University, CW Post, Clinical Psychology PsyD- February 28th, no interview.
Rutgers University GSAPP, Clinical Psychology PsyD- Interviewed on February 27th, was told I'd be informed 3/23, wasn't, called up today and was told that "all of their admission offers have been extended and they seem to be able to put together their class of 17 with those who accepted."

Yeah, didn't apply to a lot of schools, but I'm poor and applications are expensive. Funny how in the case of LIU, I got interviewed by a better school and they wanted nothing to do with me despite a strong match in terms of interests. It's also annoying that Rutgers took so long to get back to me despite not even being on the wait list. Grad school is annoying.

Just saw on TGC that someone was offered acceptance off of UF's Clinical and Health Psychology waitlist. If you're here, would you please email me your POI? Thanks!

has anyone heard anything from VCU counseling???

Two rejection emails in one day:

Washington State University
Drexel University

No surprised for WSU as I didn't interview there. However I am really bummed about Drexel because my POI told me that I was the next in line on her waitlist :(. I guess this makes me choices easier now.

Rejected from the University of Houston 3/30/12 via e-mail from the Director of Graduate Studies. Clinical PHD.

Received a rejection email from Binghamton this morning. What I find irritating is that I interviewed, then emailed my POI a few weeks ago to thank him for the interview and to inform him that I had accepted an offer elsewhere. I got no response to that email, but then get this rejection, from the grad school (not even the department), this morning. He's a busy guy but really? Not even a "thanks for letting me know" email? Psh.

Has anyone received a rejection from Pace's School-Clinical Psy.D. program?

Has anyone who interviewed at Texas A&M for Clinical Psych been rejected? I haven't heard anything. I'm thinking that may just be a silent rejection?

Has anyone who interviewed at Texas A&M for Clinical Psych been rejected? I haven't heard anything. I'm thinking that may just be a silent rejection?

I think someone posted on the acceptance thread that they had been sent a funding package, but they never contacted him/her about being accepted. Maybe you can PM that person and ask them when they received it?